Greasy's Journal

Lovely looking ladies, I’ve been really craving blueberry lately. That strain is so nostalgic for me. Don’t have much in blueberry seed stock though.

3 Likes

Thank you! I really like blueberry as a strain as well. It has a lower potency than most modern stuff, but I’ve found the high to be incredibly relaxing in a mellow way, almost having a soothing quality to it. Just makes a grey day brighter.

Assuming everything goes to plan, you’ll have first dibs on some of these! I’ve been smoking a lot of the Norge, so I would love to get you back.

8 Likes

Very cool man, thanks! Hope you’re enjoying the Norge!

3 Likes

I’ve got a lighting question for anyone following along. I’m currently growing in a Gorilla Grow shorty 2x2x5 tent while running an HLG 135W QB V2 Rspec LED, with the goal of growing 4 plants at a time in 3 gallon pots for variety, and getting an ounce or more per plant. I have a spare Spider Farmer SF1000. I see a lot of people running significantly more wattage than I would have thought was necessary, but I also don’t have dense canopies of buds in my grows. Would it benefit me to install the second light in this tent around mid to late veg this round?

3 Likes

I have the same light in a 2x2x4 and couldn’t envision more wattage. Maybe the extra foot, you could bump it a bit, but not sure. I think you’d have to maybe put a meter in their to really see what the plants are getting at the canopy. Someone else may have more input. Shuttin up now. Those blueberries look great!!

2 Likes

I had purchased the light thinking it was more than enough, but was curious about others watts per plant. I know this light would grow one plant centered exceptionally in the tent, but wasn’t sure if I could benefit from two lights, one per each half of the tent so each individual plant was receiving more light. The way I am basically setting up my tent now is having the most light intensity hitting the least dense part of the tent in terms of plants, as my plants end up in the corners of the tent when flowering. Also, appreciate the compliment on the blueberry!

4 Likes

You’re actually quite right about wattage per square ft. maybe I need another light!! I do actually have another 135 rspec. Maybe I’ll get it fitted in there, but also I have some low powered strips that could be fabbed together for perimeter lighting around the 135. That would be money. The strips and drivers that I have would be about 15 watts / strip so another 60 watts to help with spread to the edge. Makes more sense to me than another 135. Hlg shows a 2x2 flower footprint for the 135. Their newer diablo 200 also shows a 2x2 flower footprint. So the 135 with strips around would be a nice setup with ~200 watts. Sorry for the ramble. Thanks for bringing this up and showing the grow.

3 Likes

Blueberry looking nice! Hopefully all loaded up! :drooling_face:

3 Likes

Thank you! I’m thinking she is looking pretty knocked up. She got two full rounds of pollination.

10 Likes

Looks good! Looks fully pollenated. Nice job!

5 Likes

If you can fit it in the tent and not raise the heat levels too much, you may see some benefit. But personally, I’ve found dense buds are usually about genetics more than anything. I try to skate by with the lowest wattage I can :+1: Everything looking great in here, the blueberry cross is gonna be interesting!

6 Likes

Thanks for stopping by and for your input! I think I’ll just leave things as is then. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing something. I don’t even need more bud at this point after this past summer, so adding wattage would just be to see how far I can take it vs trying to yield more out of necessity.

3 Likes

Seedlings are doing well. Culled two slow pokes, the sfv og x bubba kush and one mother’s milk f2. Think I have some variegation on one of the headband x chem d which is pretty cool!

9 Likes

Got a great package in the mail today!

18 Likes

Damn! That’s a great mail day!

4 Likes

Everyone is pretty happy outside despite all the rain we’ve been having. I barely have to water these plants at all, what a trip. Just been mixing in some worm castings and buildabloom amendment into the topsoil and letting it do it’s thing. Added three male GDP seedlings to the outdoor mix to flower out for pollen. Found my first caterpillar this morning. Unless I’m blind they really aren’t very active right now.

Group shot

Vintage Blueberry x Blueberry Muffins

Blue Dream x Mendo Breath

Pura Vida F2 S1

15 Likes

Loompa’s Headband x Triangle Kush Smoke Report - cross posted on CSI thread

Bud Shots:
At 63 days flowering

Flash

Sunlight

Bag appeal:
Really frosty plants, with pretty dense bud structure. Bright green color with orange hairs. I think it has lots of bag appeal. Really this is the least important category for me when reviewing weed though

Smell and taste:
Bright pine sol smelling buds with sour lemon flavor that kind of transitions into a fruity funk. It’s absolutely delightful

Potency and effects:
This weed is very potent and I need to smoke it in moderation. A bit intense of a come up if smoking a lot at once that can lead to a lot of confusion and unease, but when smoked in moderation, the come up is 20 minutes or so of euphoria and overall feel good, and then into the more traditional body relaxing sedative side. Not a heavy put you to sleep sedation at all, just very relaxed. Great after work smoke to start winding down, but still have energy to do things or be active and social.

Overall:
This is without a doubt the best weed I’ve personally grown as an amateur home grower. I bought these seeds to find an OG Kush like plant from seed, and I found it. Of the four plants I harvested in my last grow this is the one that I find myself wanting to smoke daily. It has amazing flavor, a really clean long lasting high, and if consumed appropriately finds that perfect line of relaxation and mental stimulation without much couch lock.

15 Likes

Found a good one there! Sounds delish!

2 Likes

Another great mail day. Thanks to yet another incredibly generous OG member, I’ve gotten my hands on my first Bodhi f1s, and an epic cross! Thank you!

12 Likes

Excited to hear your thoughts and see what you find w/ SunRa. In my experience it’s a wonderful summertime uplifting clear yet calming buzz. Quite stinky too as are most wookie15 crosses.

5 Likes