Greasy's Journal

Think I’m going to flip the tent next Sunday. Planning on doing some defoliation and a big top dressing before then with some worm castings and barley. Also was able to take a clone and root it of my more vigorous Mel’s GDP. First time I’ve rooted a clone directly into dirt vs. a glass of water.

|Ken’s GDP|Bubba Kush|
|Mel’s GDP | Mel’s GDP|

Clone looks a little ragged, but is rooting nicely, so I think she’ll come around.

10 Likes

I top dressed my plants with compost, fresh worm castings, and some sprouted ground up barley/hemp seeds, this week, and it has created a fuzzy white layer. I think this is good, and what was intended, but since this is the first time I’ve experienced this, can anyone confirm this is a good mycelium, and not some crazy outbreak of spider mites? I found a couple webs a few weeks back that I have been spraying spinosad for weekly, and I am little jumpy with fuzzy white stuff that could resemble a web.

8 Likes

Looks like the good stuff to me! That mycelium should tear through that compost, probably won’t be able to recognize it in two weeks. Looking great over here!

3 Likes

Phew! Thank you for confirming that, and the compliment! I’m not as careful as I should be going between my indoor and outdoor plants, and my garden seems to host spider mites from time to time.

1 Like

Outdoor Update:
With the Blueberry project over, it’s getting a little more lonely out in the yard. Pura Vida F2 S1 is about done, and should be harvested sometime in the next week or so. Trying to germinate a few autoflowers outdoor and see if I can get them to grow into a decent size before I start my summer crop mid May.

Group

Headband x Chem D is going into flowering now, as well as the Mothers Milk F2. I’m a little concerned that they may not be able to fully flower without revegging. I harvested my last winter outdoor plants last year May 1st, but these will probably need until May 15th. Curious to see how it goes.

Mothers Milk F2

Mothers Milk F2 reversal candidate. Have sprayed twice with elite x elite, but I don’t think she is going to grow balls. I could probably throw some pollen on her to make a few seeds, but I’m not sure it’s worth the trouble. Might be culled soon as I won’t be able to smoke any buds that grow.

Pura Vida F2 S1 will probably be harvested this weekend. Starting to lose buds to mold. The caterpillars back! It was nice to have a few months with them subdued as I really didn’t see many until now. If anybody would like to grow these, I have a few that I would be happy to trade for some other homegrown chucks, or just gift. This plant looks kinda rough, but smells so good. Lemony and chemmy.

10 Likes

I’m but slow on the reply, but that looks consistent with my malted barley powder top-dressings.

That Mother’s Milk looks like a happy lady!

3 Likes

Thank you for the reply! I appreciate it. I’m excited for this Mothers Milk. I was lucky to get a nice big pack of them from Olereynard before he departed OG, and figured I would grow this little one as a preview, for the larger one I plan to grow this summer!

4 Likes

Hey everyone, I wanted to say thank you to those who have been following along, sharing their seeds, and providing me advice through this journal. I have learned so much from logging my grows and getting feedback from other users. As I’ve been posting, I did my first big seed chuck of AK Bean Brains Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry, and ended up with 1600 seeds! I reached out to AK and asked if I could share these, and he had no problem as long as they aren’t for sale. He is still producing f1’s of this cross, so I think that’s pretty cool of him! I would like to share these with anyone that is interested, and has been following along here. I understand we all have a lot of seeds, so no worries if you aren’t interested, just wanted to offer. I also have a more limited amount of (Blue Dream x Mendo Breath) x (BB Muffin x Vintage BB) to share as well. I’ll list some names that have been liking posts and been following along for a while, and if you are interested in these seeds PM me.

Seeds:

Germ Test: 11/15 after 36 hours

@JustSumTomatoes @syzygy @Oldtimerunderground @Rogue @Cbizzle @Granola @Slick1 @ramblinrose @iamyou_youareme @ReikoX @MidwestMover @Cartwright @NorthNorthNugs @Berserker7205 @lophophora.ca @Chronickyle @WubbaLubbaDubDub @FattyRoots @Herbie @E_L_Guapo @chronix @Meesh @nube
If I left anyone I out apologize. Ping me just the same.

22 Likes

Very cool @Greasy! Good on you for sharing that OG spirit around! (And for checking with the breeder)

12 Likes

Awesome! Glad it all went well and appreciate the offer for some BB goodness!

12 Likes

Phenomenal man! Can always use some blueberry!

12 Likes

Congrats on producing viable and healthy seeds! Always a relief to know the time wasn’t wasted and there’s something to show for it. Also it’s nice to see supportive breeders encouraging these projects!

Definitely appreciate the offer but i’m too overwhelmed with hoarding and chucking generated options that I have to sort through before accumulating anything else. I’m happy enough just following along. As an aside, if you’re interested in any Goji OG f2s or SSDD(bubbashine pheno) x Goji OG (untested) let me know, though you probably have your hands full as well.

13 Likes

I totally understand. For me this project was just as much about learning the process of how to make my own seeds, as much as it was about developing my own long term supply of Blueberry. It was a total success!

You have already been kind enough to gift me some of your SSDD x Goji OG, which is slotted for a spot in the outdoor garden this summer, as well as the Sun Ra’s you gave me. I gotta grow a few of what you already sent me before I can take anymore, but the Goji F2’s also sound awesome! Thanks for following along!

13 Likes

Wow that’s quite a haul you made!!You did some very good work. And great choice of genetics.

1600seeds you must have darn near pollenated the whole plant eh?

8 Likes

Yeah, there were literally no buds left after all the seeds were removed. Just a lot of husks. I learned my lesson for future pollination’s, don’t hit all bud sites three times, unless you only want seeds, haha.

14 Likes

Hell yeah man thank you, I’ll totally take you up on that! Blueberry was one of the strains I enjoyed in my early days and was a local favorite for years. Haven’t seen it in forever and don’t have the genetics myself.

7 Likes

Sounds good. Anyone that has expressed interest shoot me a PM with your address and I’ll get you some seeds.

9 Likes

Hey @Greasy thanks for the offer, I would love some of your BB seeds! In exchange I can send you some of the pollen chuck seeds I made from hitting a Sherbert x Irene from CSI Humboldt with the PPP pollen that I got from Doug Dawson, if you’re interested.

Soaked your Pinks & Purps seeds today as well!! I’ll start a thread tmrw.

9 Likes

Awesome dude! It’s very cool to see so many OG members creating and sharing :heart_eyes:

I’d love some Blueberry for sure, I’ll send you back some DJ’s Blueberry x Bodhi’s Silver Lotus seeds once they ripen up here. You or I could do some Blueberry backcross buds… say that five times fast!

9 Likes

Molto Generoso!!

4 Likes