Greasy's Journal

Thanks for sharing your bounty Greasy!

Your plants always look so freakin’ nice, man!

4 Likes

OK, for everyone that requested the BB seeds, they are in the mail! Thanks for following along, and if they don’t show up after a while, let me know, cause I have plenty more!

13 Likes

4 Likes

Have you decided what you will grow outside this year? Forgive if you’ve already posted. I’m a few months behind in all of my reading

3 Likes

I have! I have to do a later start this year because I lost my second space to grow, and now have to keep them a little smaller, so I’ll get them going mid may, which should give them a 2-2.5 month veg time.

I’m planning on a mostly Bodhi related and Sativa dominant lineup. Learned my lessons with Indica dom plants the past few years. Not worth losing half the plant, especially since I’m going to need to keep a lower profile in the yard this year. Still, it’s cool my landlord is down with it, and “is happy to let me grow my medicine”. I just don’t want to push it.

Summer 2022 Lineup
Mothers Milk F2
Sun Ra F1 (SFV OG x Wookie)
SSDD x Goji OG F1
Good Medicine F2
BB Muffin x Vintage BB F2’s (The seeds I’m sending out)

Edit: Also think it’s pretty cool, that besides the Sun Ra all these seeds were made by OG members!

16 Likes

Awesome! Sounds great! I grew straight SSDD last year. It is my go to for pain. I love it. Just turns everything down a notch.

6 Likes

That was a beautiful plant! Saw you were going with fems this year, and have already started! I am really excited to watch you grow some BIG plants! My girlfriend and I loved watching your videos last year. Hope to see more of those too!

5 Likes

I’ll try and do more this year!

3 Likes

They arrived thank you

13 Likes

Flipped the tent to flower yesterday. Did a pretty heavy defoliation last Wednesday. Cleaned up the lowers and removed a ton of leaves. It’s pretty cool to see how much they have already filled in, in five days.

19 Likes

Seeds received! Many Thanks!!! I appreciate you!

4 Likes

I’ve got a question here for all the more experienced pollinators following along. I would like to make a handful of Mothers Milk F3 fems, as I successfully reversed a Mothers Milk F2, and have another F2 that is ready to be pollinated, but given that I also have an indoor GDP seed project that I will be doing, want to be very careful with how I collect the MM pollen. In the past I have just let the pollen drop onto parchment paper, but was thinking this time I would snip off the sacs before they drop pollen, and then dry them out in a sealed container so the pollen remains contained.

Has anyone collected their pollen in this manner before, and if so, do they think these pollen sacs are ready to be snipped? I really don’t need very much as I’m only looking to make a handful of seeds for personal use, and then I want to trash the reversed plant so it will not cross pollinate my indoor GDP.

Reversed Female two different clusters. Are these ready to be snipped?

13 Likes

I’ve never had success clipping pods and getting pollen from them…

3 Likes

I’ve done it in a Vacutainer (glass/plastic vial), and then used a tiny paintbrush to apply. I’m by no means an expert but everything I’ve read stresses the importance of keeping it dry, so silica desiccant beads were added to the vial after letting it air dry for a day or 2. I believe on one of the other sites a long time ago someone was using old plastic film cans and grains of rice to do this as well.

pollgoj

When the flowers are plump you can pluck them off and squeeze them in between your fingers, and pollen should fall out. This gives you a good idea of the stage they need to be in order to succeed.

Edit: I’ve never reversed before so if flowers aren’t abundant enough to experiment around with to determine ripeness ignore this.

7 Likes

Thank you for that feedback. I think I will push forward with it as I don’t feel that I really have any alternative options, but it makes sense to me this is not ideal.

This is great advice! I don’t have a huge amount of clusters, but I think it’s still the best approach. End of the day, if this fails, it was just a fun experiment, and I’ll be content knowing I understand how to reverse a plant for the future.

4 Likes

You can also cut off a branch and keep it in water for a while, like you would a clone.
And keep it locked in a container in another room.
Once they drop, collect pollen then mist everything with water.

5 Likes

The issue with that is that when the pollen sac would open, it would not be contained, and could contaminate my tent plants which I do not want to be pollinated by Mothers Milk. Otherwise, that is how I would prefer to do this.

4 Likes

asdffff
Figured I should clarify to squeeze in this direction so as to separate the flower as it does when it opens and allow the pollen to spill out.

5 Likes

Yeah, and moisture would build up inside closed container and would not be good either.
Nevermind. :smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the additional clarification. Gave one of the largest sacks a squeeze, and it’s not ready yet. I’ve definitely experienced squeezing a little pollen out of a ripe cluster before, so I think that’ll help me gauge when they’ll be ready. I may be overcomplicating my grow by trying to do multiple projects, as I thought the reversal process would have had a faster turn around. Live and learn!

I’ve got a closet dehumidifier that i’ll put in a gasket sealed crockpot to fully dry out the pods and see how that goes.

4 Likes