Greasy's Journal

Pm that address and I’ll send em your way. Funny enough I’m more excited for the freebie Dank Zappa seeds that came with the Good Medicine. Still want to grow both, but after seeing the Dank Sinatra f2s grown out, and hearing of their incredibly strong indica effects, Dank Zappa, their cousin, has leapfrogged Good Medicine on the grow calendar.

8 Likes

This is first I’m hearing of either of those strains but I’ll be watching to see how you make out with them :popcorn:

2 Likes

Check out the seed run to learn more: Seed Run Co-op: bodhi's Good Medicine CBD Blessings Preservation Run (Closed) - #100 by Vagabond_Windy

3 Likes

Outdoor Update:

@JustSumTomatoes The Northern Lights x Orange Grove are coming along. I decided to treat myself to some plant sex testing for my outdoor plants to keep my overall numbers down. These two here are females. Got 2/4, so I’m happy with that.

Ghost Rose X Cookie Devil auto

Here are my Zkittlez Bx4 from Ethos. Going to have these sex tested as well when they are mature enough to remove cotyledons. The large one with the tag has been sent in and am awaiting results.

Lastly, here is my youngest. This is a Bubblegum Queen S1 auto originally from Nightowl Seeds, but made by a friend. First time trying to see if I can grow an auto 100% outdoors. Was germinated outside. Normally I try and give them some time in the tent before moving them, but the tent is full currently, so we’ll see what happens.

12 Likes

Looking good man! Those are going to be some nice plants. :evergreen_tree::herb:

4 Likes

Hey @Greasy , those plants are looking really good now. Nice work.

If you still have any of the good medicine I would love to grow some. Can never have too much meds in the medicine cabinet😁

2 Likes

Thank you! They got stuck in their starter cups a little longer than they would have liked while I was getting them sexed, but now that they are in 1 gallons, they are looking pretty happy.

3 Likes

Definitely. After this I still have one left in case anyone is interested. PM your address and I’ll get them out to you. I actually forgot to send out @Slick1 's, so I’ll drop those both off this afternoon.

3 Likes

Yeah, I can see a few bottom leaves turning yellow. That happens when they are root bound, needing more Nitrogen, or the pH is off. The repot should correct that, you’re in good shape. :+1:

3 Likes

Indoor Update:

Terpdaddy x Platinum Punch #1

Terpdaddy x Platinum Punch #1

Pura Vida F2

White Crack F4 autoflower

Plants were flipped nine days ago and have been showing their stretch. I’ve defoliated them all a bit to get better air flow going before they fully go into flower. I had to cull my Blackberry Kush as it turned out to be male, but pleased that the Pura Vida was female. Started a White Crack F4 autoflower when I culled the Blackberry Kush because I like starting seeds, but will probably end up putting it outdoors so it has some more space to grow. I’m telling myself with everything I’ve got going on, that I need to wait until I bet back from my week vacation at the end of June until I’m allowed to plant anymore seeds. We’ll see if I can make it that long :smile:

10 Likes

Looking nice with the haircuts. Lots of budsites.

Same here!! I love it! On top of the seed hoarding problem I’m addicted to popping seeds. Especially regs, something about the rush of not knowing which ones are male or female always gets me excited. I’m pretty good at judging which is which when they’re about to show, but sometimes they still throw me a curveball!! :astonished: :grinning:

5 Likes

Thanks! I am still wary of over defoliating. I’m always afraid they won’t like it. But, every time I get the shears out, they seem to be almost encouraged by it.

3 Likes

I haven’t had anything react badly to it but I tend to spread it out over a few days just to play it safe. Plus doing a little bit at at time lets you sit back and observe. It’s easier to over do it when you sit down and do it all at once but if you go slow you might walk in the next day and decide you’ve done enough already.

2 Likes

Yeah, that’s how I’ve been approaching it, a little at a time. I live by the coast, so I get quite a bit of humidity. Figure it’s better to keep them thinned out a bit to avoid powdery mildew

2 Likes

Indoor Update 18 days after flip:

Terpdaddy X Platinum Punch #1

Pura Vida F2. @nube Long overdue here, but thank you for these seeds!

White Crack Auto F4. I ended up accidently crushing the White Crack seedling from the last update, so had to start a new one.

10 Likes

Outdoor Update:

Ghost Rose X Cookie Devil auto. Not a very large plant, but she is getting really frosty!

Northern Lights x Orange Grove. After taking these photos I transplanted them into 3 gallon pots.

Bubblegum Queen S1 autos

Zkittlez Bx4. The first Zkittlez planted turned out to be a male. Have these remaining three in for sex tests.

Sunset Sherbert x Mystery freebie from CSI sprouted this morning. Wanted to get a guaranteed fem in case I get some bad luck with the Zkittlez. I did a terrible job at not popping anymore seeds until I get back from vacation. I also germinated 3 Pura Vida F2’s to add to the outdoor collection. Ultimately hoping for 6 females to grow outdoor this season. Should have enough plants started to make that happen. Will gift a few if I end with too many females.

9 Likes

Looking greasy mate, what type of outdoor season do you have?

1 Like

I’m pretty far south in California, so I have a really easy outdoor growing environment. Not too hot not too cold. Being closer to the equator, I don’t get the extremely long days that many growers experience, but I don’t have to really worry about plants finishing before any type of seasonal weather shifts, which is really nice. Humidity is the only real enemy I have, which can cause me to harvest prematurely.

4 Likes

And thanks! Appreciate you stopping by to take a look. You’ve got a pretty sweet balcony set up with some great looking plants yourself.

1 Like

I was wondering where you learnt to surf I would have been surprised if it was PL, not for the faint hearted

I used date a girl from San Diego, beautiful part of the world

1 Like