Greasy's Journal

Hash update, I took the hash out of the freezer to see how it was drying. I rolled it out with a hot water bottle in parchment paper and it released some liquid, so 5 days in the freezer wasn’t enough. After pressing I re sieved it and put it back. Figure I’ll give it another week before trying again.

After pressing

After sieving

Weighed it out and it’s 14.5 grams so far. Wonder how much more weight it will lose as it dries. Trying to document this so I have a clearer plan in the future

18 Likes

Sun Ra (SFV OG x Wookie 15) Bodhi
Grown: Indoor
Bud Shots:
At 70 days flowering

Flash

No Flash

Smell and taste:
Smells like fresh cut grass or a brewery when it’s got that very yeasty smell going. Very unique smell, with very strong flavor. It has a tinny, chemical like taste up front, with a sour lemon aftertaste on the finish. Coats the mouth in full flavor. Really powerful terps on this one!

Potency and effects:
Soothing, calming, a little spacey, can get lost in your thoughts in a meandering stream kind of way. Has a very fast come up with indica hybrid like effects. Mild body high, feel it in the top of the head and the face, but overall mentally clear and can be functional or a space cadet depending on inclination. Has some day brightening, feel good effects to it, but it isn’t uplifting in the same context that the goji is.

Overall:
This strain has been in my daily rotation in the early evening. It’s got a really great flavor profile to it, with sour lemon aftertaste, and a very pleasurable warming, feel good high that depending on quantity smoked can range from being functional to spaced out in bliss. I really do prefer this pheno compared to the outdoor one I ran which was a lot more up in effects. I smoke that one to get going on chores, whereas this is truly relaxation weed. Really happy with how this one turned out, and think there are some gems to be found in those Sun Ra seeds!

23 Likes

damn, every time i see a Sun Ra report and pictures it’s always bomb looking and sounding, nice big nugs

8 Likes

Good Old Days (Panama Red x Bubba Kush) CSI
Grown: Indoor

Bud Shots:
At 70 days flowering

Flash

No Flash

Smell and taste:
Powerful lime and the old school cat piss weed smell. It’s acidic and very pungent. Taste wise, very unique and interesting flavor. Papaya and acrid lime mixed. Funky, limey, and a little tropical.

Potency and effects:
A slow gradual come up in this strain. I can definitely feel the bubba in it, but it’s less potent and lighter in effect. It slows me down and creates warmth in the body, but not in any kind of overwhelming way. Nice stone, very comfortable on the couch, and is best for the evening. Low to medium potency, but that’s nice because it has such great flavor and is very smooth that it’s pleasurable to smoke more of.

Overall:
I think this strain is reminiscent of another era of weed. Indica dominant, stoney but not particularly potent. I think it would be hard to become really uncomfortable smoking this weed. It just makes me feel better the more I smoke. I’ll keep in mind growing this cross again as it has it’s own personality to it, and adds a little bit of buoyancy to a Bubba Kush like stone. Doesn’t blow me out of the water, but it has a very unique flavor profile, and is happy, stoney, hungry weed, who doesn’t like that right? Awesome freebie from CSI!

25 Likes

Great work! Super interesting and unique cross at that.

4 Likes

Awesome report! I like that kind of weed and this is making me consider giving them a go.

But the flash and no flash bud pic are the same, or is this some kind of mental gymnastics?

10 Likes

Good eye my friend! I double posted the flash. Updated now. Just another endorsement that the good old days is best used when attention to detail is not required!

9 Likes

Thanks guys! Definitely a fun one to grow and smoke.

6 Likes

Very cool. I have a similar cross of pre98 bubba x panama red, f2’d selecting for the high yielding hybrid phenos. Maybe I’ll find some similar expressions. Your plants look very appealing.

It was made by a breeder called limo who worked with ninefold.

(I don’t know much about them but I got that line before ninefold got weird and started naming all their lines stuff like “psychotic screeching paranoia” and advertising with bad clipart instead of plant photos)

6 Likes

Bubble Hash is dry and has been pressed into a temple ball. Took 12 days to dry in the freezer. Definitely lighter in color than the last one I made. Going in the right direction! It lost 3 grams of water weight over the past week in the freezer, and finished up at 11.5 grams.

24 Likes

Thank you for the opportunity sir, an excellent introduction to GDP.

6 Likes

Glad to hear it! Thanks for sharing. I’ve got to grow some of these out myself to see what’s in there. I always have a soft spot for purple weed, GDP included. It’s generally good upbeat indica hybrid bud that doesn’t take you out. At least when related to GDP or Mendo Purps.

11 Likes

Main tent flowering 56 days

Blueberry

Double Dosidos

T 1000

Rainbow Belts

20 Likes

I love the color of those leaves!

5 Likes

Medium tent 44 days flwoering

Rudeboi OG

Grape Pie

19 Likes

Looks good man! I can definitely see the t1000 in my savage purp xt1000. Bet it will be tasty - mine is grape candy up front with a funky oniony hoppy finish - heavy nighttime high. Blueberry is lookin good - don’t see too bad of leaf curl so you did well.

7 Likes

Outdoor plants are eary flower

Sun Ra 1 very stinky. Strong smell seems to be the a great indicator for winner phenos in this strain

Sun Ra 2 not much smell

Sun Ra 3 - Male has some real stink going on. Not quite as strong as the female, but much stronger than female #2

Has some purple balls coming in

T-1000 Hybrids
Agent Orange x T-1000

GG#4 x T-1000

Key Lime Pie x T-1000

20 Likes

Clones doing well. Uppotted the first batch. If anyone is around the San Diego area, I have some extra Blueberry and Rainbow Belts clones to share.

19 Likes

Interesting that you found some savory flavor in the T-1000 hybrid. So far mine has a more subdued smell compared to the Blueberry and Rainbow Belt’s it’s sitting next to. More grape candy, haven’t gotten any funk yet.

I gave the plants one final craft blend top dress, and the Blueberry didn’t love it, even though she got 1/3 as much as everyone else. Starting clawing on me, but yeah, pretty good.

9 Likes

Been hearing real good things about that rainbow belts such a pretty plant too wish I was a bit closer to sd :joy: only 6-7 hrs :eyes::rofl:

8 Likes