Greasy's Journal

Priority’s :joy:

6 Likes

Glad you got a nice spot! Moving is stressful as hell. Doing mostly clones next or sprouting some seeds?

5 Likes

Haha yeah, I feel like getting the tent set up has actually made everything else less stressful. Like if there is one thing that is a constant through all the change, it’s that my plants are still there doing their thing. It is pretty silly that like @minitiger say’s I’ve got the tents up before the couch!

I think I’m going to just do clones this round. They are starting to pile up on me, and I don’t really have space for anything else. I’m hoping to grow everyone a little bit better this round, some more feeding, and no PM, to see what I want to keep and what I can let go. It’s interesting with this many clones, there isn’t really a pause in between cycles, as I’ve already got plants ready and waiting to get going, rather than going through the whole seed germination and seedling phase. It’s pretty fun!

Hopefully this fall I’ll pop one of the packs I’ve been looking forward to and do a pheno hunt. I think my top three packs I want to look through are Purple Hindu Kush Bx4 by AKBB, Red Eye Jedi by Bodhi, and Hollywood Pure Kush x Skycuddler Doube Kush by Mean Gene. I’ve got plenty of CSI to look through as well, but strangely enough reg seed seem to have more a pull on me, even with limited space. It’s not pratical, but being able to f2 something I like.

On another note, who else is real stoned over today from overindulging on 4/20? I sure am fuzzy from all that hash!

12 Likes

Wish I took clones of that one haha. That mean gene cross sounds appealing also!

6 Likes

IMG_3841

kinda what I felt like this morning, shouldn’t have eaten those extra edibles.

No need for couches, just fill your new space with all those clones :wink:

It is nice to be able to pull plants from veg that are ready to go and put them in flower, you’ll have a nice perpetual setup going before too long.

12 Likes

Nah, dude! I was just fucking around, I don’t think it’s silly at all. It has to be done sometime, right? The sooner the better.

We hired movers when we, uh, moved, but then rented a U-Haul to deal with all of the grow stuff, mostly because I had three-month-old vegging plants growing and didn’t really want the movers to fuck with those haha. If we woulda gotten all the grow shit into the new place before the movers arrived, I would’ve been extremely happy haha. It took like three days to deal with all of the unpacking and filling of cupboards and arranging of the furniture and shit and then we had to go back to our old house to deal with the grow stuff. Which, after dealing with everything else, I did not feel like doing. At all. Haha.

Next time we move, we deal with the grow stuff FIRST haha.

Yes, yes and yes haha. Hooweeeee, all of those sound really good…

7 Likes

Grabbed a couple bud shot of the Sun Ra’s today. They are getting some nice chunky buds, with plenty of frost on them. Unfortunately getting a little bit of bud rot since I’m not able to monitor them daily, but seeds are progressing!

Sun Ra 1

Sun Ra 2

The T1000 crosses are finishing up. Will probably try and harvest them next weekend if I can find the time.

19 Likes

Moving a compost bin really takes dedication. Moved about 60 gallons of soil this morning. It’s so rich and full of worms had to do it! Can’t buy this stuff in a store

23 Likes

These vintage Blueberry x blueberry muffin are looking great in this one gallon pot. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for those man!

22 Likes

You getting blueberry terps @Rhino_buddy beautiful plant :star_struck:

9 Likes

Soooo sweet smelling @DesertHeartGardens ! I’m in love already. Hope it cures up to be as good as my hopes and expectations are for it. :laughing:

10 Likes

Dude, those look excellent! Great work there. Keep us posted on how they smoke and if you get any BB terps after cure. Some have kept them, and others have reported they lost it, so not a guarantee unfortunately. Really appreciate you stopping by and sharing what you found! AKBB knocked this cross out of the park.

I still have some of these seeds. For anyone that is interested I will send you a pack with the stipulation you start them upon receiving them. If you don’t have space now you can message me at a later date for them as well. PM me if interested!

12 Likes

I kept a cut of that one and a cut of a runty one with tiny buds that’s smelled very strongly of blueberries since the first week of flower. Hope it’s good even though it’ll be tiny yield!

I wouldn’t mind a few more of those to grow! I think I have a few left, but I’m always sharing. :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

I gave a few of those to my mentor, he absolutely loves them! Got one pheno he has in the mom room. Said and I quote “ now that’s some muthafucka!?$in’ old school blueberry terps! Yours look great as well @Rhino_buddy

6 Likes

Thanks friend! Next time, I’m going to try. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: Been so busy lately I can’t believe it looks that good. Such dense buds and so delightful smelling.

I’ve been growing too much fruity stuff lately. Need some more gas and chem in my life. :yum:

I’d gladly share a cut of that vintage Blueberry x BBM with anyone interested. Maybe let’s wait to see what it cures into. :+1:

4 Likes

All about that gas/Chem/Kush :drooling_face: but I gotta have something fruity mixed in and some kind of gelato cross , the rest is all dank, always haha I feel you 100%

4 Likes

Cross posted this on Iamyou’s log, but wanted to document here as well.

Harvest day for my T-1000 hybrids. They did very well for winter outdoors. Very sturdy plants! They didn’t fill out because of the lower sun amount, but I think they give a good representation of what I could find under more optimal conditions

Agent Orange x T1000
Orange terps on this one for sure. Kind of like overripe oranges. It’s been a while since I’ve found those terps, so tha’ts cool! Lost the top to boytris, but that isn’t strain specific, that’s just growing conditions in my area.

Key Lime Pie x T1000
Sickly sweet smell coming off this one that others have reported. Ultra sugary, but got really nice dense buds on this one! Very GSC dominant I’m guessing. Also lost her top to boytris, but all the other buds were unaffected

GG4 x T1000
Solvent like terps on this one mixed in with a little bit of fruity. Really stringy like buds, but insanely frosty! Probably needed a bit more time, but didn’t have any boytris on her, so I figured I would take her unblemished.

24 Likes

Great work @Greasy . I agree with those KLp x T1000 terps. Very sweet. And they all look amazing :green_heart:

7 Likes

Nothing too exciting going on over here at the moment. Vegging everyone, and hopefully will start flowering some plants by the end of the month!

Next tent to flower

Rainbow Belts - Blueberry
Grape Pie - Double Dosidos

I’ve sampled all these from my first round growing them, and the Blueberry is my favorite so far. Nice stoney dreamy weed, with a long lasting high. Second favorite was Grape Pie. I took it 74 days last round and it’s very good bedtime weed. Gets me real sleepy and stoney. The Rainbow Belts is a flavor powerhouse with a pretty average indica hybrid high. The flavor makes it a ton of fun to smoke in the volcano. Double Dosi is probably the weakest of the pack. A very relaxing, almost sedative high, but only lasts an hour or so. Great flavor though. Gonna give it one more grow, but probably won’t stick around.

Veg tent

Tropicana Cherries - mothers milk 31 -Purple Urkle
T1000 - Rudeboi Og

Looking forward to trying out the Tropicana and Urkle. Gonna gift the mothers milk for an outdoor grow, but hopefully can try her myself someday in the future.

I really like the T1000 and the Rudeboi. T1000 is a mix of fruity and funky flavor, with a very functional indica stone. Rudeboi is a very nice OG high, savory lemony flavor and great relaxing effects. These and the Blueberry are my favorites from the last round, and in contention to stick around for a bit.

21 Likes

Visited the two seeded Sun Ra plants today. Seeds are coming along nicely. I forgot to take my phone with me so didn’t grab any pictures, but the buds unaffected by caterpillars (already back in full swing in May) look very promising. Nice light green and very frosty with strong citrus smells. Pretty similar to what I found on my indoor pheno. Probably best to grow this strain indoors, as the three that I’ve grown outside now have had issues with rot.

I think another two weeks and they’ll be fully baked! I’m thinking about setting up a little thread for testers to see if there is any interest in trying some out before I try and distribute them on a larger scale given my unproven male that threw a couple pistils. We’ll see if I can find any takers. I’m admittedly captivated by clones these days so not sure when I’ll get around to testing them myself.

Good luck to all you outdoor growers this season! I’ll be living vicariously through you and hoping you all have bountiful harvests.

20 Likes