Greasy's Journal

I want to grow that cut indoors.

4 Likes

Beautiful Kittyā€™s :sunglasses: :metal:

3 Likes

Ive seen on CSIs Instagram that it was a selection from the old family purple line done by the founding fathers guy redbeard. Here is a screenshot from his Instagram showing that he selected t1000 and Obama Kush. I remember the post I read from csi being like why does this guy keep naming weed after presidents.

7 Likes

Original name Presidential Kush Its one of my favorite med strains for gummies. Kickass 65/35 Indy dom

3 Likes

are you sure that wasnā€™t in reference to the purple urkle father plant? that would make sense if they selected a male from the line. Iā€™ve always seen the genetics written as triangle kush x urkle.

I didnā€™t know about the trump name, but that also kind of makes sense with the genetics of obama also being a kush x purp hybrid. Might hint at the T for triangle as well?

8 Likes

Maybe Iā€™m a little confused. I just thought that old family purple was the original strain name for Triangle Kush x Purple Urkle, and that T1000 was just a selection of that strain renamed to make that cut stand out for Redbeard. Then he shared it back with CSI who used it to continue breeding with.

Looking at the T1000 s1s on CSIs site shows this:

8 Likes

It might lead to harder drugsā€¦ catnip? They might get the munchies and get into stuff they arenā€™t supposed to?

Haha, nah, I think itā€™s pretty safe, as long as there is not anything funky sprayed on the leaves. Some humans eat the leaves too.

haha, awesome!

Yeah, I always thought it was Urkle X TK for some reason, but looks like itā€™s TK x Urkle.

Hereā€™s what CSI:Humboldt says on their website about the S1s of T-1000

As a side note, someone was asking me about the long petioles on the T-1000 awhile backā€¦ it definitely is coming from the Urkle side. The Urkle Iā€™m growing right now has super long petioles, compared to normal plants.

And yeah I think the name is really Trump-1000, but I definitely prefer just T-1000 - the cyborg was way cooler than Trump.

11 Likes

Ok right on, this all makes sense now haha. Thanks.

Thatā€™s awesome that you guys are both growing urkle right now. I love urkle I grew it several times from the old clone.

You mean the way the leaves stick out farther away from the main stalk than usual? Iā€™ve noticed that in the past with the urkle clone and 3x crazy clone which is an urkle hybrid.

My home grown urkle always had a really nice smell. Mainly hard candy, but also some complex sweet herbal smells almost like pipe tobacco or something. Very smooth smoke with a sweet mild flavor and a pleasant aftertaste.

11 Likes

All of our dogs have loved them, although I havenā€™t seen how the new one responds to them yet. Iā€™m sure sheā€™ll like them, too, though. Bowie started obsessing over them, actually, back when I was letting him into the grow room. Or, more accurately, when he started forcing himself into the grow room haha after being terrified of it for years. He definitely darted straight into the tent a few times and tried to eat a Black Triangle once or twice haha.

Probably how I got aphids that roundā€¦ Pretty sure thatā€™s probably when his brain tumor started, too, just because it was so out of character for him to get anywhere near the room.

I think itā€™s fine for pets to eat them in moderation, like anything else. My girl looked into it a few years ago, I just asked her about it and she pretended to not know what I was talking about haha. I never give the dogs more than four or five blades, not sure how many Iā€™d give a little kitty. Less than four or five, though hahaā€¦

7 Likes

Thanks for the feedback! She isnā€™t a glutton, so a leaf or two is all she wants anyway.

Haha yeah, I just planted some catnip seeds, so she is on that MJ slipper slope for sure!

Iā€™m looking forward to trying it out. She sure is slow growing, but with some extra veg time I think she has some nice structure. I gave her a pretty heavy defoliation today just to get a better idea of whether or not she was ready to flip. Think Iā€™ll give her a day or two to recover and get her going!

14 Likes

Oooh nice haircut! Keeping her open like that will surely reward you with better buds. I left mine au natural and the inner buds didnā€™t get any light. She doesnā€™t stretch much so go big!

7 Likes

Good tips! Iā€™ve been having similar experiences with the Blueberry cut, to where this time around I did what I guess is called lollipopping, and basically cut 2/3ā€™s of all bottom growth off so I can get more rock hard buds, and lose all the larf!

I would love to give the Urkle some more time to veg, but Iā€™m worried about the GMO busting out the tent!

GMO - Blueberry
Skunk Tangerine - Urkle

13 Likes

Chop day is here at 72 days flowering! Trichs are cloudy with a little bit of amber showing. Canā€™t wait to get these ladies cured and smoked! There seems to be cat hair all over these plants, but what can you do?

T-1000

Rudeboi OG

Tropicanna Cherries #8

23 Likes

Man that cherries sure is pretty. And that trump is frosty as heck! Nice work man! Canā€™t wait to see what you cure them into. :green_heart:

5 Likes

Thanks man!

I did a quick web search to see if anyone else found turkey terps in the tropicanna and Iā€™m not alone! Found this on a dispensary review.

8 Likes

Happy harvesting, @Greasy! Have fun in Trim Heaven.

7 Likes

Nice job!

I am surprised by the turkey terpsā€¦

3 Likes

Heaven here I come!

Thank you!

Your telling me! Itā€™s almost like Tropicana Cherries #8 cut should be renamed Thanksgiving Citrus #8. I wonder if different growing mediums produce different effects, and if my style of growing just brought out more turkey than other setups.

8 Likes

I like the way you made sure to grab the nugs when you took the pics, providing some sort of frame of reference. Iā€™m gonna try to remember to do that when I take pics, too.

Anyway, looks good! Howā€™s the weather down there? You think youā€™re gonna have any trouble with the drying and curing process? I only ask because my drying area had unexpectedly high humidity this morning, so I checked the weather (I donā€™t usually do that, just because I know itā€™s gonna be hot and dry as fuck every day, so why bother? haha) and the humidity up here was 63%, which is crazy-high for this time of year. Itā€™s usually like 12% all summer.

I think there may still be remnants of that hurricane hanging around. Or something? I dunno, but it was pretty weird.

6 Likes

It seems to help me get a good angle to capture them as well.

Weā€™ve had sun the past few days, but now it since like the grey is back. Humidity is high here, but Iā€™m a few blocks from the beach so it always is. Drying tent is sitting at about 70 humidity now. If it gets up to 80% when itā€™s really humid Iā€™ll get an air conditioner going in the room with the drying tent. Plants take a long time for me to dry under the general conditions. It sure has been a strange summer, strange year really. Hoping 2024 gets back to our usual spectacular weather here in San Diego!

Gearing up for the holiday weekend, made a fresh batch of peanut butter, chocolate weed fudge. For anyone unaware, fudge is so damn easy to make, and a great vehicle for weed butter!

Tried out this recipe https://www.pastrywishes.com/no-bake-peanut-butter-fudge/as it has a cup of butter in it, which should make about 40 30mg squares. Might have lost some potency though as the recipe did call for the butter and peanut butter to be microwaved. Time will tell. Also added some chocolate chips in while the peanut butter mix was hot, and then whole chocolate chips on top after it had cooled some to make the recipe a bit more interesting.

13 Likes