Greasy's Journal

thanks for reminding me to take some photos before I used it all,
here’s the archive blueberry live resin. verry dreamy.

18 Likes

I’m prepping for this year’s dank Christmas candy boxes for friends and family. Tried out a new chocolate, nut toffee recipe today. The recipe is a really good for edibles because it includes a cup of butter, so if you want it really strong go a full cup of cannabutter, whereas I used a half cup of regular and a half of cannabutter.

Here is the recipe: Cannabutter Toffee - Marijuana Cooking Book

And the results:

This batch is made with Fire OG I picked up from the dispensary so it’s some real good nighttime medicine!

21 Likes

I really need to work on making edibles with more reasonable doses. I always just try to use up as many batches of hash as possible in one recipe haha.

10 Likes

Oh hell yeah thats phenomenal! Will definitely try that recipe.

6 Likes

Hell yeah nice to hear I’m growing a fire purps from csi right now it’s (fire og x mendo purps ) it’s the most vigorous plant I’ve got going right now those edibles look killer!

5 Likes

Looks delish brocephus!

3 Likes

Thanks guys! Looks more appealing once broken up I think

Yeah, using hash as your starting point, your stuff is gonna be strong. I’ve not yet tried that. Hope too when I get a larger surplus of bud to give that a go. Hash I make now needs be saved for smoking!

15 Likes

That looks delicious, we love some sweets here. Thanks for sharing the link, may have to give it a go.

5 Likes

Harvest day! 13 weeks finally came! Definitely the longest I’ve flowered a set of plants. I came home from being away for Thanksgiving for a few days, and WOW, my house is DANK. Carbon filter got entirely overrun by these plants. I think it’s the GMO with it’s funky garbage/dog poop smell that is the real culprit. Carbon filter was purchased new for this run as well, so that is really saying something! Plants started to get some nice fades to them, and a lot of purple in the tent with the cooler nighttime temps.

Flop city

Skunk Tangerine. Need to run this one again. Nugs are nice, but tiny. Smell is there though. Fierce orange rind smells coming off this one

Blueberry. I think this is one of those plants that just throws out white pistils forever. This is by far the longest I’ve taken her, and she still looks like she can keep on chugging along. Plenty of amber trichs so she’s done enough for me anyway. I’ve gotten better at growing her, but still don’t think I’ve dialed it. I really like the smoke from this clone, despite it’s unruly nature to grow so it keeps sticking around!

20231126_081457

GMO. The stinker!!! I always read people describing how much they like when their plants have disgusting smells, and now it’s my turn. Somehow the garbage/dog poop aroma gets me excited, rather than disgusted. I found the turkey terps on the Tropicanna way grosser than this plant. Gonna be a very easy trim. My experience with dispensary GMO is that it is the kind of strain that cuts through anything with an incredibly heavy stone, and I’m hoping that is what I’ll find in this smoke. Not really something I want to smoke every day, but something that when I’m having trouble sleeping, or just sore from too much surfing, this one can take me away. It better be good needing 13 weeks to finish for an indica! At least she’ll be a dream to trim.

Will get this tent cleaned up, transplant my vegging T-1000, Pinesoul, GMO, and Skunk Tangerine, and should be off flowering again in 2 weeks!

23 Likes

They all look great, bet that GMO you grew out is superior to what you scored at the dispo

8 Likes

I think I remember a lot of the Blueberry plants that I ran from seed doing that as well. I’ve never run that cutting but for me DJ’s Blueberry seemed to really dislike high levels of fertility. That said your bb plants actually look pretty good to me. Maybe has to do with the thai in BB or something like that also. That GMO sounds awesome. Always a good sign when a new carbon filter can’t keep up!

14 Likes

Thank you!

Definitely finding what she likes more each grow. Been surprised how hungry she is. A lot of the common advice is to keep low nitrogen with Blueberry strains, but not with this one. Just seems to require lots of training to get the best of her. She just has such a great stoney, dreamy high to her, paired with nice BB flavor.

Hopefully the stone matches expectations!

10 Likes

I love that your discovering more each run of the bb. There really is something to running stuff multiple times to become more familiar with them

5 Likes

I had a Blue Dream x Azure Haze plant that I just chopped today that did this!
I thought it was done at 8 weeks, but then she went crazy popping new pistils. I let it go 2 more weeks, but I think I could have harvested anytime between then and now

5 Likes

I think as a novice grower, running the same plant a few times really helps me learn how to read plants better. I’ve been mainly giving everything two grows in a row when I receive them just to get a feel for the plant, and if my first results aren’t great, my assumption is that I’m the problem.

Thanks for your input! I’ve harvested this Blueberry cut at 10 weeks, and the stone on it is still very good, but I think it benefits in fattening up the nugs with more time. Even at 13 weeks it is still popping white pistils!

10 Likes

Wanted to post some updates to my original posting for any of you out there that may be interested in trying this. I made this recipe the first time around and it went perfectly, but it turned out that was some beginners luck. It took me another six tries to get it right again! May not be a great recipe for a first shot at making candy.

The original recipe tells you to stir frequently, almost like making a caramel which needs a constant stir. This has not worked out well for me. Reading online that when you stir constantly if any sugar bits don’t get broken down, they cause the mixture to turn from a liquid, back into a solid as the sugar begins to ball off the unbroken down bits, which happens more from constant stirring. When that happens you end up with this crumbly toffee.

I then had to figure out how often I should be stirring. Stirring almost not at all lead to a burned final product.

So, to sum it all up, here are the updates to the recipe:

• Use a metal stirring spoon, and leave this laying in the mixture as it cooks so that it doesn’t change the temperature every time it goes in and out. A constant temp increase is key.
  • Melt the butter for the recipe on the lowest possible heat, very very slowly, then add the sugar and water, and bring to a boil, at just below medium heat
  • Once it reaches 212 degrees (boilling) begin stirring for 10 seconds, every ten degrees the temperature increases, until you reach 285, and then stop stirring. Once reaching 285, allow recipe to get to 295, and turn off heat. Allow to then climb to 300 and pour immediately

This should give you a nice golden final toffee product:

Then you dress it with chocolate and nuts and you are good to go!

I will say that if one decides to make lots and lots of weed candy, every bite you take through the testing adds up. I lost a few hours yesterday evening to the edible hole. It’s been a while since I’ve greened out like that. I had my own little Larry David, Curb Your Enthusiasm existential crisis experience, where I found myself in my head questioning all decisions I’ve ever made in my life. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sDpxHocK0A&ab_channel=sillyserpantines . It’s good to be back on the other side of that one!

20 Likes

Hahaha it got ya too. Brownie batter got me, tasted too damn good.

10 Likes

I call it spoon licking. :grin::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

6 Likes

LMFAO… I’d hate to be in that position and why I still have the fear of edibles.

Iv got a shitload of trim I need to make some bubble. My neighbor is pestering me for some for brownies too.

3 Likes

Your fear is not unfounded haha. The last edible I ever ate is the last edible I’m ever gonna eat. That was like twelve years ago, only drug experience I’ve ever had where I said,”I’m never doing that again,” and actually stuck to it haha.

Having said that, cool cooking tips, @Greasy! Haha. I think that whole “leaving the stirring spoon in the mix” is probably a good idea for a lot of other non-cannabis-related things, too. I may make something like these (without the cannabis haha) for the holidays.

9 Likes