Greasy's Journal

Aw, thanks, dude, but I’m good on seeds. Sounds like fun, though! Haha.

You’re gonna log that, right? Or at least post pictures of the plants somewhere eventually? Haha… Sounds like a cool hybrid, anyway. I have one of those Thundergun Express crosses in the fridge, that SHADYNASTY, gonna plant some sooner rather than later.

5 Likes

Flowering tent is doing well this go around since it doesn’t have any pests! It’s so much more fun growing a healthy tent. Plant at 28 days flowering.

Mac 1 - Pinesoul
Afgooey - Bubba Kush

Mac 1. Nice tall poles she’s got stacking

Afgooey. Lovely little bush of nugs!

Pinesoul. A little cranky, got a bit too much nitrogen when I did a worm casting tea, trying to make up for vegging her longer than she liked

Bubba Kush. These are gonna be some chunky nugs the way things are shaping up. I’ve grown this plant once before, and am not letting it out of the garden again!

23 Likes

When it gets like that, sometimes i will just pull up a seat and gaze for a while :slight_smile: looks great!

5 Likes

Wowza, you’re going to have a big harvest this go around! Everything looks great!

5 Likes

I think you’re gonna get a better yield than I did from her. She is a little touchy from what I’ve seen so far… but I think you have her looking pretty good!

Looking like your best round yet over there! You using bigger pots or something? Everything stacking nicely!

5 Likes

Thanks @Cartwright ! Great to hear from you. I’m glad I’ve got grow glasses, because I actually have a chair right in front of the tents to do just that!

Thanks @schmarmpit ! I had to extend the height of my tent by a foot just to fit everyone in this round!

Thanks @iamyou_youareme ! Glad to hear she was a little touchy for you too. Makes me feel better.

Much appreciated, and I agree! This does seem to be the best looking run I’ve had to date. I changed up a few things in my last grow cycle, but the thrips seemed to have stunted that progress. I’m still growing in 5 gallons, but I’m feeding my plants so much more. Top dressing every two weeks through flowering up til the end, and I’ve been bottom watering, which the plants seem to really respond to. It takes a lot longer, but this way everyone gets to drink what they want. Oh, and per your tutelage, I’ve super cropped them all pretty hard this round, so that might be making them more vigorous as well?

11 Likes

I can see the difference this round, nice and green all around. Hopefully all that topdressing is stinking the place up too much! haha… I top dressed the SIPs the other day with Craft Blend and it was pretty fishy down there for a while!

Damn, I didn’t know I was a tutor :wink: I should start charging, haha, j/k … i found that most stretchy plants don’t mind super cropping at all, the ones that make golf ball buds can benefit from being spread out, getting hit with more light, and the stress response seems to build bigger stems to support the buds. It’s wild to crush the stems and then see them repairing themselves in less than 24hrs!

7 Likes

I’ve been using roots organics bloom uprising in flower, and sticking with craft blend in veg. The roots organic product is way less stinky! BAS is a cool company, but its nice to be able to source stuff locally.

You share a lot of knowledge man! Pretty much everyone who is active in this journal is teaching me. You should all be getting paid by me!

8 Likes

I just did a reamend with Neem Seed Meal, and it is a funky additive for sure!

4 Likes

I’ve been hard at work the past few weeks making holiday candy, both dank and regular varieties. I don’t have enough to share with everyone following my log as I’ve got a pretty big list of friends and family to share with, but I figured it would be fun to give away one box (will follow site rules) out in the journal. By and large I find that contests that get run for free seeds and stuff to be fairly tiring, but being a little hypocritical, I think it would be fun to have one here. I’ll be happy to send a box to the first person that can name my favorite Grateful Dead song, with one guess per person. Given the Dead’s extensive discography, a hint could be helpful. This song is found on Europe 72.

19 Likes

Sugar Magnolia

5 Likes

Jack straw

3 Likes

I’ll throw my hat in the ring for the fun of it!! How about that Morning Dew at Lyceum?

4 Likes

Cool gesture!

Wouldn’t be my favorite, Shakedown Street.

4 Likes

Still waiting on my favorite…

7 Likes

Free stuff! Hello friend I just found your thread!!!

No seriously though, that’s so cool that you do this. Garden is looking really good & vibrant as well!

6 Likes

I’ve done pretty well lately with that stuff. Maybe I come off as a bit of a crank or something, but I haven’t gotten much of that in PM’s or in the journal for a long time.

Yeah, it’s a been a fun offshoot of the MJ growing hobby. Like growing bud, it takes a fair bit of practice to really get down, and it’s still a work in progress. First couple years I sent out candy the final product was a more “the thought that counts” kinda gift, haha.

Much appreciated!

10 Likes

Not the biggest dead head, but looking at the track listing, my fav would China Cat Sunflower… we need more hints, haha.

You’re a cannabis confectioner over there… nice work man! I wish we could assign titles to members…

10 Likes

That’s the one! I’ve always loved that song. First time I took acid it was on and it imprinted euphoria into my brain! This guy is getting some candy!

13 Likes

That’s awesome, I love the funky guitar riffs in that song, feels all bouncy and happy, nice synergy between Jerry and Bobby… puts me in a good mood every time :slight_smile: Great song to listen to while trippin’.

I’m probably gonna gain 10 pounds, haha!

9 Likes