Greasy's Journal

For sure. Those descriptions never fail to make me laugh, though. I always wonder,”Who falls for this shit?” Like,”Yes! At last! A cannabis plant that has ‘modernized resin coverage’! Because the problem with those hash plants that people have been cultivating for millennia has ALWAYS been the antiquated resin production!” haha.

7 Likes

Glad to have you! Always enjoy your thread and commentary, so hoping to see some of it here!

Hopefully you like it based on how much I’ve talked it up!

I think this is a great comparison of the two. I’ve only consumed about a half ounce of the SC Blue Dream, so not as experienced there, but I do think it’s more dreamy too. I find the dreaminess comes out of the Blueberry when consumed in larger quantities. I can get some anxiety going when life gets out of whack, and the Blueberry cut really cuts that through that and puts me at ease. I never would have picked up on that without your bringing up though, great insight!

That’s pretty funny. I do wonder about who the target audience is to buy seeds. I feel like the way weed is marketed, it is for unlicensed cultivators looking for the next plant to commercialize, rather than home growers looking for head stash. Obviously there are certain breeders that don’t grow for the cultivator market, but as more and more home growers enter the scene, will we see a shift away from all the photogenic stuff? I guess that’s what guys like AKBB and Bob Hemphill cater to, just dank ass weed that doesn’t look pretty. It still blows my mind that people are out there shelling out $250 bucks a pack for in house genetics fems, but that’s just the way it goes.

10 Likes

Today’s update feels like a lot of fun. Plants are all thriving, and I’m a few days away from harvest on the big tent!

Plants are at 66 days of flower, and will get the chop on Sunday or Monday right around day 70. Have had cooler temps at night so getting some nice purple in the tent, along with the beginning of fade. Nice having an easy going round. I could get used to this!

Afgooey. This plant smells so damn good. I really get the fruity, tropical terps from the Mango Haze part of the cross. I’m really excited to smoke this one for the first time. I think it’s going to be delicious, and hopefully an interesting high.

Bubba Kush. I ran her a year and a half ago and now have her back. I really enjoyed the smoke then, and she is such an easy growing plant. Pretty vigorous and has some nice savory terps to her. Cocoa, coffee, earthy kind of stuff.

Mac 1. This plant smells so strongly like a fruity sweet perfume. Kind of hard to discern it from the Afgooey so close, but I’m impressed so far. She is so frosty that all the photos of her kind of wash out. In person she really is impressive to look at, and since my last update the buds have really filled out.

Mac 1 - Pinesoul
Afgooey - Bubba Kush

Pinesoul. Turns out letting this plant get really big before flipping and whacking off her top half really paid off. Think she is gonna yield pretty well for me. She is fading the fastest of the group. With the tent being so full, her branches have all held up right, but I had to stop bottom watering her a few weeks ago as getting her in and out of the tent was snapping too many of her thin branches. She really lives up to her name with the Pine scent. Nice round having everyone in the tent have their own strong, unique smells!

24 Likes

Other tents are going strong too, albeit a little too full!

Gonna bust out my drying tent to get the harvested plants out of the big tent because this new round of flowering plants are growing right into light! Currently at Day 17 flowering

T1000

GMO

Skunk Tangerine. Poor thing is gonna need a bigger stool compared to the other plants!

Pinesoul

Up potted and culled some plants in the veg tent as I’ve backed up almost all of my plants

Church, Blue Dream, and two Tahoe OG’s ready for next round!

Clones doing their thing!

24 Likes

Fun update, indeed! It’s awesome when everything is going smoothly.
I loved seeing the purple on the Afgooey, mine has not yet done that. Cheers to a fantastic harvest this weekend!

12 Likes

High @Greasy Gotta say, I’m jealous seeing a whole grow without burnt tips, or excuses, or complaints, lol! I’ve gotta stop in here more often, great vibes! Love your Afgooey :yum:

12 Likes

I may be biased but that Skunk Tangie is a sexy thing. :wink:

6 Likes

Harvest day at 69 days of flowering for the Afgooey, Bubba Kush, and Mac1

Mac 1

Bubba Kush

Afgooey

I want to give the Pinesoul another week. I think it’s buds haven’t really swollen too much yet.

Younger plants are really happy to be in the largest tent now that 3 of their friends have moved on. Can’t even see the Pinesoul in the back left really with the newcomers. I wasn’t as diligent about my pinching and twisting this round and the GMO and Pinesoul stretched significantly more. The Pinesoul is the front left, doubled easily in size since flipping.

What a good round! Can’t wait to smoke em!

25 Likes

Way to get them to the finish line!

3 Likes

They look amazing, top notch!
Always a joy to pop into your journal. :smile:

2 Likes

Beautiful… you did well, all stellar plants.

Which are you looking fwd to sampling the most?

4 Likes

Thanks guys!

That’s a tough question. Out of all these cuts, I’ve smoked the Mac 1, Pinesoul, and Bubba Kush before, so it’s the Afgooey that will be a first time to consume. Probably the Bubba next as I just love the Bubba stone. I’m really excited about everyone in this tent though! My weed tastes are slowly changing to grow things that are more than just physically sedative, and I feel like this tent shows that!

12 Likes

Nice run man! Afgooey should be interesting - whats that one smelling like? Looks like you nailed the bubba!

8 Likes

She is something in the line of mango, lychee, or some other kind of tropical fruit or candy. It’s cool when plants are loud in unique or interesting ways!

14 Likes

Do any of you guys ever do any trading locally for your plants or seeds? My cloning has gotten pretty solid, and taking 5 or so cuts of each strain to back a plant up, has been leaving me with tons of extras which I’m trying to mail to as many of you that will let me. Even after offering them up on here as much as I could I still had some leftovers, so I make a Next Door account with a fake name, and put up an ad want to trade rooted clones for interesting plants like Plumeria or Orchids.

Within a few hours, I had gotten multiple replies, and have since picked up some Plumeria cuttings and some Orchids!

For anyone not familiar with plumeria, here are some examples of what the flowers of the look like:

I went to Hawaii for the first time in November and was blown away by this plant, and realized it’s all over my neighborhood. Here’s hoping a couple of those big branches root! There they turn into full on trees whereas in San Diego they stay bush sized.

I wasn’t sure how trading would go, but I feel like it was just a great way to connect with fellow plant enthusiasts in my neighborhood. We met down by the beach to keep a certain level of anonymity, but I think I’m going to keep trying to trade my extra clones locally too!

26 Likes

Can you grow orchids in CA without a greenhouse? I know they need pretty high humidity levels and it just DRIED UP in the last 24 hours haha.

Anyway, that’s cool. You probably already know this, but just be careful about who you tell and what you say and how much information you give them. Shit might be legal now, but that doesn’t mean that everybody’s acting like it.

8 Likes

Inside for sure! I’m by the beach, so relative humidity inside my place is 70%, and I have a nice little collection of Trader Joes trash orchids (TJ’s puts out all the orchids that have lost their flowers as who wants to buy a stick) It’s cool when they bloom and you find out what they are going to look like! I wish I had some photos as none of my orchids are currently flowering.

Yeah, that’s always good advice, as you never know who may want to cause problems for you. I liked the nextdoor app because you don’t have to use your real name, or exchange phone numbers, and it’s easy to select a neutral meeting place where you aren’t giving someone your home address. Then again, I’m the guy who grew weed plants in his front yard a foot off the sidewalk for a couple years, so it’s not like I’m particularly cautious…

One cool thing we have in CA now though is Assembly Bill 2188, which became effective Jan 1st, is an amendment to the state’s Fair Employment and Housing Act and prohibits employers from discriminating against a worker who tests positive for non-psychoactive cannabis metabolites in their urine, hair or bodily fluids This basically means you can no longer lose your job for marijuana use anymore. The fine line with this one is that because it’s legal, it’s basically entrapment to say that you can’t smoke while not at work, and the current tests that are used can only tell that it’s been in your body, and not when you’ve consumed. This doesn’t apply for federal jobs, but as someone who works somewhere where I was drug tested when I started, I’ve always been afraid of any smell on me, whereas now, I don’t want to appear to be a raging pothead in the office, but I won’t lose my job if anyone catches on. It feels good!

13 Likes

Oh yeah! I forgot you were by the water. Definitely different weather there than it is here haha.

A friend of mine in Florida is an orchid grower and even he has trouble with them from time to time, but yeah, by the beach, you should be fine.

I thought that went into law like six years ago haha.

9 Likes

Ha, Trader Joe’s trash is where I got all my hempy pots when I first started indoors. Used to get sad orchids for Ms H at a box store for way cheap. The son-in-law of some good friends is a manager at our local TJ’s… I’m going to check him out for “sticks!”

A couple of Ms H’s Phalaenopsis just started to bloom. Great wintertime brighteners here :slight_smile:

Good to hear you found foster parents for those cuts… sure wish I was set up better!

14 Likes

Those are gorgeous! I love the fuschia colored one.

I have one adoptee that is just ready to start showing us what it’s made of.

Yeah, I’ve tried to limit the culling as much as possible. But because of that I’m really full up on baby plants

In other news the banana og is just about done outdoors. She is losing a bud here and there to mold, but holding up pretty well overall. Probably harvest her next week

21 Likes