Great Lakes Genetics Bad Dawg Freebies Show

Welcome to OG!!

1 Like

Not completely dry yet but this is bad dog freebies motors breath

18 Likes

Thanks for the warm welcome! The Dragon Fighters are the plants with the oranges tags. The plants without identifying tags are Kashmir Azad landrace/heirloom. I topped pretty aggressively on this grow to maximize use of space and to slow the plants to allow a friends grow to catch up—it’s his first grow, so we’re doing a side by side of identical plants. That explains why they’re so small after a month of veg.

The Dragon Fighter are oddly tall with very wide internodal spacing compared to the Kashmir Azad. I don’t believe they’re etiolated—the Kashmiri are on the bleeding edge of light burn with how close I keep the lights.

I have high hopes. I’ll only be keeping the females from this strain. They’ll get pollinated by the Kashmir males and those F1s will become a fun side project.

14 Likes

Thanks! This seems like a great community and I’d like to delve a lot deeper into the world of hobby cannabis breeding.

7 Likes

Update on MCF. She’s def gonna finish in 56-60, going into flush see if we can get some nice autumn color for the final lap. Heres some leg nugs always the tastiest imo

19 Likes

Beautiful work everyone!!

Ok - so I have a question.

in my pure genious mind (hah) i thought, add less dirt to the solo cups, that way as the seedlings stretch, i can continue to add dirt, thus shoring up the main stem.

In my mind, it seemed like a good idea, now i wonder this - if the tap root is close to the bottom, will it just hit bottom, then the roots grow up, kind of like a potato plant when you pot it? (you plant low then just continually add more dirt etc).

If this will work great, if not i guess transplanting sooner will be on the radar.

Thanks in advance, not sure wtf i was doing, LOLOL…aside from smoking HAHAHA.

4 Likes

That is a proven technique that works well for stretching seedlings. Just make sure that your trunk isn’t a hard bark as you bury the stem, you don’t want stem rot. If you bury the stem up to or close to the cotyledons, the buried stem will grow roots and strengthen the root zone. And as your seedlings continue to grow you will get a thicker structure.

12 Likes

Thank you!!!

This has been my way since I first saw someone else do it. Bury up to their faces. That is also why I prefer to up pot a few time before flower, as I’d rather have roots than stalk, bury the stalk get roots from it.

5 Likes

Planted 6 LVTK x Long Bottom Fighter . All 6 popped . Planted 6 GSC x 3 Headed Dragon testers and only one germinated . Glad they were free .

7 Likes

The plant of the left is a Pine Tar Gush, the reason I got freebies from GLG.

Three Headed Dragon

16 Likes

Here’s the GSC x LBF at week something of veg lol.

Need to up plant them, but can’t due to seed runs.

One is a total runt, a couple others the node spacing is badass.

Looking forward to seeing how these end up!

22 Likes

Makes me wanna run my gsc x lbf freebies!
I dig that node spacing in the second pic, stacked!!!

2 Likes

Finally up potted the gsc x lbf. Ugh - that runt…

14 Likes

Tired of waiting to find out - sexy time wooba wooba

7 Likes

Not sure why, but “wooba wooba” made me giggle haha. I have quite a few Bad Dawn freebies that I need to get to one day. Positive vibes…

~nugzz

6 Likes

Just a quick update to this post: last evening, a good friend stopped by, and since I recently, cut and hung a 3 headed dragon, about a week before hand, I wanted their take on her, as I have never grown it out before, and they are like us, older, so just wanted their opinion.
Knowing it has NO cure yet, I did not expect much at all for her taste, as I usually wait a month or 2 before a sampling something new.
The buds are like cutting a chunk of hash, almost gooey, and as I’m preparing I’m thinking NO WAY will this joint burn!
It did, and well.
Very tasty, very potent, and great fun, after we recovered a bit. She will plant you in a chair for a while, as your mind is intoxicated, as your body is just very relaxed.
A great freebie IMHO! I got them for buying Pine Tar Gush.

10 Likes

Thanks for the report my friend I usually push freebees to the back of the line but I need to try some of the freebees I got from GLG

5 Likes

Hey Papalag, yeah that happens to me also. I’ve watched bean prices go crazy in the past 10 years, mostly driven by cleaver lighting, cool names, and their best fertilize, HYPE, take many seed strains to crazy prices.
For a commercial set up, I get that totally. But for me just growing for my wife and I, there is no way a packet of $300.00 seeds, is a economical choice for me.
So, a few years back I started running freeb’s and tray orphans, that pop out my buds on occasionally. Damn I was so impressed by most, and some of their germ rates pounded the tarts I paid for, as far as viability.
So yeah, I’ve been thrilled with cheaper beans, what I do not like I turn to edibles as we need it, and in the freezer weed last for ages, winwin!

7 Likes