Green Crack outdoor grow from clone

I think I came up with a compromise. I took out the oregano plant and trained some bottom branches upward to get more airflow near the medium. It kinda has a wind tunnel thing going on since there is usually a gust blowing through the area and I can see the leaves near the bottom moving with the gusts. If I do get some sort of fungus then I accept it was my fault and you guys tried to warn me. Here’s the bottom of the canopy again (both sides)

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful plant! I hope it makes it through the season.

1 Like

Lol you’ve got that lattice behind it anyway bro you did great!
Edit it might have a fence behind it lol but either way good job

Me too. The reason why I decided not to do anything major is that my buddy grew a plant in the same spot with flowers and cilantro all around it (literally planted in the medium around the cannabis plant, so almost no airflow on the medium and vegetation all around). I thought he was crazy, but he was able to harvest some pretty nice bud.

Granted, his wasn’t trained so flat like mine, but I’m gonna roll the dice

5 Likes

Exactly @99PerCent . That’s the best way to word and explain trimming plants, not to mention… clones are the plus

@MisticHaze how big of a pot are they in? Sorry if I missed but are they in coco soil? Peat based soil? Nutrients? Looking killer. I would certainly give them a good haircut as 99 said. Perfect time of the year too… reduce messy growth and focusing on the shape of your future flower structure. Will grow back very quick in a more organized manner that’ll make more uniform big bud sites rather than a lot of smaller under stuff that I also has a greater chance of things like PM and bugs. I emphasize how surprised you’ll be how quickly they grow huge once you shave under her skirt.
If your cut is the Green Crack know, she’s got big ole colas. Great strain. Keep up the good work, whatever you’re doing the plants are looking super healthy.

Peas
Swampy

3 Likes

It was in 3 gal of rich organic soil (recipe below) that was transplanted on top of a layer of Subcool’s supersoil in a 7 gal pot and filled in with the same organic mix as before (I ran out of supersoil because I also use it on my veggies, it’s great for everything). Nothing else except water and some molasses once in the while.

My mix (makes ~5 gallons before I add ~1/3 of that in perlite so ~6.5-7 gal total)
I use a small pot (~1.6 gallons) to mix up my soil and use “parts” of it to measure
1/3 (~1.6 gal) good potting soil (I use Dr Earth Pot o Gold)
1/6 (~.8 gal or half the pot) coco coir and 1/6 (same) peat moss
1/6 (~.8 gal or half the pot) worm castings and 1/6 (same) compost

Amendments:
5 tbsp azomite
8 tbsp rock phosphate
5 tbsp each of bloom bat guano, DTE bio-live, and insect frass
4 tbsp each of neem seed meal and Espoma garden-tone
3 tbsp each of kelp meal, Down to Earth vegan mix (cue irony), bone meal, and blood meal
1 tbsp granulated humic acids and epsom salt
1.5 tsp dolomite lime

Yes, I’m one of those excessive organic guys. I could feel the eye rolls from here lol. And if you think that’s bad don’t read my new mix here: What's your organic soil recipe?
I added unicorn manure :slight_smile:

In my defense, I already had most of these amendments from mixing up the super soil so I decided to use them for my mix. Then I got hooked…hooked? green crack? get it?
(crickets chirping)

9 Likes

Well I’ve been flip-flopping back and forth between pruning the branches and not pruning them. I was so unsure that I consulted the ultimate source of wisdom in all the known universe: a coin flip lol. The cannabis gods decided in a best 2 out of 3 flip to have me prune the bottom.

Tune in tomorrow for This is Going to Hurt :sweat:

I know in the long run it won’t affect growth negatively, but it still isn’t going to feel good. Should have done it a while ago in hindsight.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great soil mix very similar to mine. Haha the ole coin flip never fails! My biggest advice in giving your girls their haircut is to imagine the growth growing back 2x the size and use the new growth as a roadmap and guide to help show you what to chop off (the growth that is underneath and won’t get
much life. I only leave the major tops that will get huge, and even still after more smaller branches start to grow out). Looking forward to seeing before and after and pics 2 weeks from now., Trust the force in within your plant!

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid…

7 Likes

Before pruning:

After:

9 Likes

Now @99PerCent I have read that pruning more than (edit) 30% of the plant in anyone given time (edit) CAN stunt growth hormone production. . . I’m not an expert though so idk

2 Likes

@MisticHaze the pruning looks much better.

There fixed it for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome see I was almost right this time

Judicious pruning would dictate, however, more than 30% is an awful lot of plant. What you see above might amount to 15%, maybe.

Oh, and yes…

4 Likes

No i wasn’t saying you pruned 30% i was stating IF you prune. . . Well i said 20% but reiko fixed it for me​:+1::grin:

2 Likes

Sometimes, more than 30% is necessary to save a badly damaged plant, but these are desperate measures for desperate times.

4 Likes

It’s still got the rest of July (and maybe a week or two of August) to recover so it should be fine even if I took a little to much off. It looks like I took a bunch off but it’s only because it’s main stalk was trained almost completely sideways.

3 Likes

Nothing like a niclely cleaned trimmed bush!
Welcome @MisticHaze to OG don’t think we’ve been aquatinted yet! Looking forward to your grows!

4 Likes

Yup, it should be just fine. You have done a great job so far, and we have cluttered your thread plenty enough lol.

Once it really goes into flower mode, it will stretch again. Now it will focus more energy where the sun is strongest and you will need some stakes :laughing:

2 Likes

Clutter all you guys want, I don’t really care. Keeps the topic active at least.

I’ve never had to use stakes before, but I’ve never grown outdoors before either. I’ll keep that in mind, but she looks sturdy so far.

5 Likes