Green Crack outdoor grow from clone

It was in 3 gal of rich organic soil (recipe below) that was transplanted on top of a layer of Subcool’s supersoil in a 7 gal pot and filled in with the same organic mix as before (I ran out of supersoil because I also use it on my veggies, it’s great for everything). Nothing else except water and some molasses once in the while.

My mix (makes ~5 gallons before I add ~1/3 of that in perlite so ~6.5-7 gal total)
I use a small pot (~1.6 gallons) to mix up my soil and use “parts” of it to measure
1/3 (~1.6 gal) good potting soil (I use Dr Earth Pot o Gold)
1/6 (~.8 gal or half the pot) coco coir and 1/6 (same) peat moss
1/6 (~.8 gal or half the pot) worm castings and 1/6 (same) compost

Amendments:
5 tbsp azomite
8 tbsp rock phosphate
5 tbsp each of bloom bat guano, DTE bio-live, and insect frass
4 tbsp each of neem seed meal and Espoma garden-tone
3 tbsp each of kelp meal, Down to Earth vegan mix (cue irony), bone meal, and blood meal
1 tbsp granulated humic acids and epsom salt
1.5 tsp dolomite lime

Yes, I’m one of those excessive organic guys. I could feel the eye rolls from here lol. And if you think that’s bad don’t read my new mix here: What's your organic soil recipe?
I added unicorn manure :slight_smile:

In my defense, I already had most of these amendments from mixing up the super soil so I decided to use them for my mix. Then I got hooked…hooked? green crack? get it?
(crickets chirping)

9 Likes

Well I’ve been flip-flopping back and forth between pruning the branches and not pruning them. I was so unsure that I consulted the ultimate source of wisdom in all the known universe: a coin flip lol. The cannabis gods decided in a best 2 out of 3 flip to have me prune the bottom.

Tune in tomorrow for This is Going to Hurt :sweat:

I know in the long run it won’t affect growth negatively, but it still isn’t going to feel good. Should have done it a while ago in hindsight.

2 Likes

Sounds like a great soil mix very similar to mine. Haha the ole coin flip never fails! My biggest advice in giving your girls their haircut is to imagine the growth growing back 2x the size and use the new growth as a roadmap and guide to help show you what to chop off (the growth that is underneath and won’t get
much life. I only leave the major tops that will get huge, and even still after more smaller branches start to grow out). Looking forward to seeing before and after and pics 2 weeks from now., Trust the force in within your plant!

3 Likes

Don’t be afraid…

7 Likes

Before pruning:

After:

9 Likes

Now @99PerCent I have read that pruning more than (edit) 30% of the plant in anyone given time (edit) CAN stunt growth hormone production. . . I’m not an expert though so idk

2 Likes

@MisticHaze the pruning looks much better.

There fixed it for you. :wink:

3 Likes

Awesome see I was almost right this time

Judicious pruning would dictate, however, more than 30% is an awful lot of plant. What you see above might amount to 15%, maybe.

Oh, and yes…

4 Likes

No i wasn’t saying you pruned 30% i was stating IF you prune. . . Well i said 20% but reiko fixed it for me​:+1::grin:

2 Likes

Sometimes, more than 30% is necessary to save a badly damaged plant, but these are desperate measures for desperate times.

4 Likes

It’s still got the rest of July (and maybe a week or two of August) to recover so it should be fine even if I took a little to much off. It looks like I took a bunch off but it’s only because it’s main stalk was trained almost completely sideways.

3 Likes

Nothing like a niclely cleaned trimmed bush!
Welcome @MisticHaze to OG don’t think we’ve been aquatinted yet! Looking forward to your grows!

4 Likes

Yup, it should be just fine. You have done a great job so far, and we have cluttered your thread plenty enough lol.

Once it really goes into flower mode, it will stretch again. Now it will focus more energy where the sun is strongest and you will need some stakes :laughing:

2 Likes

Clutter all you guys want, I don’t really care. Keeps the topic active at least.

I’ve never had to use stakes before, but I’ve never grown outdoors before either. I’ll keep that in mind, but she looks sturdy so far.

5 Likes

Good to meet you (and everybody else in this topic) too. I’ve been lurking a few cannabis forums (and this one), but never had a grow that seemed worth posting. I was only growing indoors with no ac, which I think I need to get a good indoor harvest or just growing once a year during winter (fuck that lol). My buddy and I live with some people who aren’t too cannabis friendly so we never had the opportunity to try outdoor growing. One day my buddy said fuck it and put a plant outdoors all the way to harvest (a bud of it is pictured above) and it was just a little awkward, but seems like they’ve settled on a just ignore what those guys are doing situation. It’s the best we could have hoped for honestly lol.

Anyways I’ve been looking at your growing chronicles thread and your plants are looking great too! I was going to plant some autos alongside this one like you, but I decided not too because of our awkward living situation. They can barely handle this one and some clones, don’t want to freak them out.

4 Likes

If your neighbors are trippin’, check out this CA farm:

:evergreen_tree:

5 Likes

I wish I could have a grow like that! I’m dealing with a bit of heat from both my neighbors and people I live with. Could be worse, but could also be more chill lol. I’d say I’m on neutral terms with these people when it comes to growing. They could’ve killed the plant on the dl if they were really fucked up.

Northern CA is still where it’s at for growing (especially outdoor). Legalization didn’t do much to change the thinking of older generations down here in Southern CA (especially among the old school hispanic population. I’m Mexican so not dissing, just the truth). I hear some of the older folks up north grow the most, polar opposite of down here. I actually worked at a cannabis company for a bit, but they moved up north because of the more accepting atmosphere. They took our jobs!!! LOL jk.

Edit: I see that Seed 2 Soul farms has operations in Cloverdale, CA (Nor Cal) and Desert Hot Springs (So Cal) or maybe they’re moving. The difference? Cloverdale is in Sonoma county (wine country) and DHS is next to land you can legally shot shotguns on. Bullshit.

2 Likes

Hey guys,
Tiny update tonight. I’m trying to figure out if my plant is in the very beginning stages of flower or if I’m just confusing a bunch of pre-flowers for flowers (it’s happened before). Here’s a picture:

I see a few trichomes on a few leaves in this picture which makes me think that this plant is in the beginning stages (just barely) of flower. What do you guys think?

Also, if it is starting to flower, does that mean I should stop training it and just let it do it’s thing?

3 Likes

i think she’s a she and probably stop messing with her.
hard to say if what we see are trichomes though. hmm. won’t complain. :wink:

:evergreen_tree: 2.5 cents

4 Likes