Green Crack outdoor grow from clone

Yes! Stop training! She is definitely in the start of flower! Looks good bro LITFA šŸ–’šŸ‘Œ check out my green crack she hasnt started flowering yet but Iā€™ve trained her too and Iā€™m stopping training because she will be starting flower soon.

3 Likes

Some outdoor plants are starting to make pistils up here at 45N. :+1:

6 Likes

Wanted to post some more pictures, but itā€™s dark and they all came out blurry so itā€™ll have to wait for tomorrow. Hereā€™s the only decent one:

Unfortunately, I probably wonā€™t be able to keep the cutting around since Iā€™m probably going to have family staying in my room in about a week and my room is too cramped to have a grow area and have them stay. At least the dispensary said they can get strains that they used to have back in stock if requested, but you never know what they will really be giving you (might be different). I have a clone of it in a pot, but with my current situation I donā€™t know how long Iā€™ll be able to keep it vegging in my room. I wish I had my own placeā€¦

Sadly, this will most likely be the first and only run of this exact Green Crack :disappointed:
Itā€™s a shame because it grew like crazy and smells lemony/fruity already. Iā€™ll be sure to grow a cut of it from the dispensary again someday, but who knows if it will be the same.

On a brighter note: your GC plants look great @Hoodini. I canā€™t believe youā€™re able to grow such lush green plants in the desert. We had a 103F day here and me and my plants were dying haha. Props to you.

4 Likes

Youā€™ll get there man no problem šŸ–’ first you have to learn your environment, then learn the plants, then learn how the environment effect those plants lol not hard honestly! Itā€™s just a lot of trial and error bro! More error than anything I cant wait for ours to be in full flower together to see the comparison in plant and bud looks :v::metal::ok_hand:
Edit- I didnā€™t mean size or anything just phenotype looks! @ReikoX eh eh look at that thatā€™s the proper use for phenotype! Lol

5 Likes

for whatever its worth, i hear you can keep cuttings in the fridge for up to a month(?)ā€¦maybe you could keep the thing going with a nice little box or something. in-:gear:-neato

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Good idea and Iā€™ll keep that in mind for the future when my fridge isnā€™t bursting at the seams already :laughing:
Can you store both rooted and unrooted cuttings? Would the cold prevent them from flowering in practically total darkness?

3 Likes

ā€¦as i understand itā€¦around 40F they sloooooow down to near stasis. not sure about light requirement though. SkunkmanSam has mentioned it in some talks.
i recall their water & light needs are also jack shit at that temp. makes sense to me. evidently he used a walk-in fridge as a mother library or something like that.

3 Likes

So a city inspector is showing up sometime soon. A neighbor called a false complaint on us saying someone was living in our garage and the inspector saw our garage was a mess so that was an infraction. Now since grows need to be locked up to be legal in CA (donā€™t know if it applies to outdoor, but why wouldnā€™t it) I have to stick that huge plant indoors. I donā€™t even think it will fit through the door! God am I pissed!!! Sorry guys just venting a bit. The older I get the more Iā€™m starting to see I hate neighbors and government :disappointed:

5 Likes

hrrrm.

i wonder if they used the ā€œfalse complaintā€ to cover their real ā€œcomplaintā€.

dunno. some neighbors are like friends or family if the time develops it. others are a damn menace.

wish u luck with whatever you decide to do.

2 Likes

You can get an infraction from the municipality for a messy garage?

2 Likes

Yep, had to rent a storage locker to store some stuff and already got fined anyways. Weā€™re just trying to prevent getting fined more. To be fair, we have collected an absurd amount of stuff over the years/decades, but still: Itā€™s our damn property! Not rented, ours. Or so we thought :unamused:

3 Likes

Bullshit.

2 Likes

Ok thatā€™s enough of my rant. Weā€™ll see what happens, but for now back to the grow.

Some new pics, sheā€™s definitely flowering and that sweet smell gets stronger every day. Sometimes I just rub some leaves to be able to smell it more. Going out again right now to go get another sniff, it relaxes me. Just came back and after rubbing some sugar leaves, my fingers are sticky so we definitely got some trichomes going on those leaves. Yay. You could kinda see them in the picture below:

And some others:

And lastly some of my buddyā€™s last harvest under a microscope from same location where my plant is (harvested in mid June):

Donā€™t know what that orange thing is :confused:
Next nug is better, promise.

Sorry for the triple post and this very long post. Iā€™m all over the place right now :confused:

7 Likes

Iā€™ll try to limit the pictures for the next posts. I get carried away haha.

7 Likes

Looks like she loved the pruning! Looks great!

2 Likes

Yep. I found about 7 earthworms under some pots that I was rearranging and put them in her pot. Pretty sure sheā€™s loving life right now.

3 Likes

Now if SoCal has the same bugs as NorCal, Iā€™d invest in some bT caterpillar spray and Spinosad for thrips. Bugs love dank as much as people it seems.

Iā€™ll consider it next time, but seeing as itā€™s flowering already Iā€™ll keep this one all natural. The pics of that bud from a few posts ago wasnā€™t sprayed with anything and it came out decent.

Edit: Saw some ants on my plant so I spread some Tanglefoot around the main stem to keep them at bay. Ants = aphids and/or scale insects. Hate those little bastards, theyā€™re going crazy all over our property because of the heat.

2 Likes

one desparate measure i took to rid a kitchen of ants was to put a 5 lb. bag of sugar about 20ā€™ from the door. every ant in the area said ā€œfuck compost, thatā€™s SUGAR!ā€ and left me alone. watching them tunnel & mine was amusing, especially as an ashtray and insecticide trial. :alien:

2 Likes

If you zoom in to this pic, you can see some of the trichomes on some of the leaves. Going on vacation and my buddy is going to take over her watering. Hope she stays nice and green.

Edit: I know she looks a bit light green in that pic, but I think itā€™s just the angle of the incoming bright sun. This picture shows her true color:

4 Likes