Green Crack outdoor grow from clone

:wink:

reminds me of when i was playing the role your buddy is going to play…

roomie was headed to Reggae On The River (messy stoner festival & std cesspit), was about to hand me his shotgun, saying “if anyone trys to come in just fuckin k ill them!”

:neutral_face:

dude. not my bag. (literally and figuratively)

i don’t miss having roommates. ever. :smile:

:evergreen_tree: the shotgun wasn’t involved

2 Likes

Well my plant went to shit while I was away for the week…

I’d post pics, but I’m honestly too embarrassed to show her in this state. If I can green her back up, I’ll continue to post pics. If I can’t, then this might be as far as this journal goes.

What I’ve learned:
It’s better to have too big of a container than too small.
It’s better to put too many soil amendments in the soil than too few.
Nobody will take care of your plants like you do.

We’ll see what happens, but this grow journal is officially on hiatus :cry:

4 Likes

sorry to hear about this. there’s a product called “soil moist” that my family used when we left for a vacation, way back when. they’re little crystals that become gel when hydrated & last like 3 months or something crazy…supposedly non toxic even.

:evergreen_tree:

Still a bit disappointed about how she looks, but I calmed down a bit. She’s a tough gal and I think she’ll get through this. I added a shit ton of super soil to her pot (basically overflowing now) and we’ll see what happens. I know I could add some synthetic nutes or fish fertilizer to green her back up, but the point of this grow was to learn how to grow outdoors with no bottled nutrients. I need to make my soil MUCH richer (I do now, but not at the time I transplanted her) and use a bigger (10 gal) pot next time.

5 Likes

Looks all good to me, just at that phase of depleting nutrients. Maybe get some liquid kelp or kelp meal for available N in a lower %.? I’m tempted to try some liquid bone meal next round myself.

:evergreen_tree: we’ll forget about pH for now :slight_smile:

1 Like

The super soil has a blend of nutrients including a lot of work castings and blood meal for nitrogen. I just think she turned yellow pretty quick since she’s supposed to finish in Late Sep or Early Oct. I think she’ll be fine too (she seems like a tough girl), but it just startled me to see her green when I left and yellowing when I got back.

3 Likes

Here’s my GDP. She’s a b*%$tch. Suuuuuper slooooow. And small. And hungry.
I took the chance at fed MegaCrop at week1-2 of flower & it should be OK. Mid bloom it would be too much N to at regular dosage in my small MegaCrop experience.

GDP (hurry damnnit!)

3 Likes

I have kept cuttings in the fridge for well over a month. Mine were in a ziplock but you have to blow air into the bag a couple times per week. Then i trimmed the original cut off, placed in water to rehydrate, then ckone as usual.

3 Likes

OK, I guess it’s something that’s pretty common lol. Thanks for the info.

She looks a little rough but she’s getting some nice trichomes:

3 Likes

I’m going to highjack your thread for a moment. . .
Here is my green crack

Your a lot further along in flower than I am, but mine is over 4 feet tall and 4 feet wide

7 Likes

That plant looks great @Hoodini! I wish mine was still that shade of green, but we’ll see what happens. It smells nice at the very least :grin:

2 Likes

Ya I’ve got a slight skunk smell and lemon leaf rub? Sound about right with yours?

3 Likes

Oh and if you have switched to flowering food i.e little or no nitrogen, you will get the light coloring going on. . .I haven’t switch to no nitrogen yet so I’m expecting my to get the color of yours when I do

1 Like

Yeah mine definitely smells like lemon. I am just using super soil to top dress so I don’t have a low nitrogen feed, just a general one.

2 Likes

Hey I noticed that my leave stems are turning a purpleish. . .so strange

Mine has a bit of purple/red spotting on some of the leaf stems (you can see it on some of my pics). It looks like someone airbrushed them with a little paint.

1 Like

Yup that’s exactly it! Purplish red airbrushed leave stems. . . Cool! We have the same genos, any idea what breeder yours came from?

From my decades-long 3 years of experience… :wink:

I’ve red that read (HA!) is an indication of Phosphorus unavailability (not necessarily deficiency!). It also has something to do with “anthocyanins” and is essentially the same as fall tree leaves color change, and relates to the changing light spectrum that naturally occurs with seasonal solar decline/incline. At the same time the temperatures(esp. nighttime) are cooling down.

My winter & early spring plants were almost all reddened & purpling except one. Zero red or purple, all light green on the “runt”. Now, in summer it’s clone shows a bit of reddening. :thinking: wtf. should I be a scientist :microscope: and re-veg it & make clones & run them at all different temps & spectrums? Sorry, heheh, no can do.

So it seems it’s genetics first, environment second when it comes to leaf color expression as well as all our other favorite sticky traits.

I imagine that pH throught the plant itself varies a surprising amount and is also determined by genes then environment.

:sweat: