Greenbee Basement Boutique room #1 octos

Yeah I was impressed it such a easy going system. Getting my second octo run in place now. Learned a lot on the first go looking forward to the second

2 Likes

Everything back up an running. Going to use the k4L nutrient I have. Wanting to see how it does compared to jacks. Personally when it comes to customer service for me you can’t beat kelp4less and there friendly as can be. Curious why there not more popular ?

4 Likes

Looks great

Nice and clean !!! That’s a big plus

And looks well organized as well

:+1::+1::+1:

Nice to see more peeps using Octopots

I enjoy watching there progress

I really like the new mars hydro lighting designs
How are they working ?
Paps

1 Like

I love the lights they work great and don’t produce hardly any heat. The driver is removable so you can set it up outside the tent. The only issue I had was I bought the same model about a year after I bought the first one and it was a different driver and overall seemed cheaper than the first one and cost about 30$ more. And mars customer service is shit. But there the only lights I have had so can’t really compare them to any other. I would like to get a hlg black bird but that not in the cards at the moment. Idk if it true but a local grower I know says if I go to hlg HQ which is ten min away from my house the will sell them to you whole sale haven’t had the money or time to check it out yet. And I can’t stand a dirty grow room one I don’t have the room Im literally in a 10 by 12 room with a 4×8 tent and a bathroom in the same room lol

4 Likes

Looking good @MGreenberg, love that clean grow room, what kinda soil mix do you use? I think you mentioned it earlier but I forget what it was

2 Likes

First run I did sunshine #4 advanced and was going to run it again but the shop was out. This run is pro mix hp which octopot recommend also. I transplanted them yesterday and all is good except one that only has one leaf coming out the top.

1 Like

I lied there one normal leaf and one small leaf lol

4 Likes

It a oreoz s1 from Dr blaze at seeds here now. I honestly don’t know if it normal with s1 or not. Idk anything on Dr blaze either

How long are you going to veg them for.? I am not either about dr blaze stuff either. I am looking at the Kind brand lights. Those HLG blackbirds look pretty good also

1 Like

I use only SSM #4 and love it. I bought 3 extra bales of it so I would not run out. I almost had to do the promix HP too but I think the coco in it SSM#4 is so much better. I do put about 3 cups of PRo HP after the first layer of SSM#4 is put in the pot. PRO HP has lime in it and it adjust the PH in the water when I refill the octos. My tap water PH is a little goofy.

GR

1 Like

Probably 3-4 weeks veg I don’t think there going to be any problem filling in the trellis with six plants. I’ll upgrade my tent light eventually right now I’m looking for a small light to be able to keep clone and sex plants to start building up a stable of genetics.

2 Likes

I like the the ss#4 just couldnt get it. I run ro water at the moment I need to send in a water sample to have the tap check it a old house but I’d run it if I knew it was good

2 Likes

You should open your two bottom vents to keep you air circulating no?

1 Like

Yeah usually in the summer I’ll keep all four open but in the winter I keep the back two closed and the side vents open to help hold a little heat. Once they get some size to them and humidity goes up I’ll open the all.

1 Like

While I was cleaning I thought how it would be cool if there was a place to donate equipment, nutrients and thing pertaining growing for people wanting to start the hobby but can’t afford the start up. Does this exist anywhere?

1 Like

Do monitor your ec at in the octopot? Looking for information on how to use EC to know when the plant is more or less hungry like with run off but the octopot have no run off

2 Likes

I do not monitor EC for Octo’s I don’t know how you would do it with octos. Just TDS and PH here.

1 Like

I follow this chart and I always go to the lighter side

3 Likes

So would I be able to put say 750 in the octo res check it 24hr later and it read 300 showing it pretty hungry? That just an example but it may head it seems right

1 Like

Gotta head out of town for a couple days. No worries here the octopot can handle it.

9 Likes