GreenBhoy’s Garden

:sweat_smile::rofl::rofl:!!! Not much room for veggies or flowers in that Garden LOL! I must say I’m shocked how big Nanda Devi got. I had no idea they could even reach that size and what a great structure on it, too. Did you top repeatedly to get that form?
Seeing any flowers starting to form on either of them? Can’t quite tell in the picture but it looks like there is something beginning to happen.

1 Like

Some updates:

Wedding Cake

Trainwreck

Trainwreck Bud

Skywalker Kush

Super Silver Haze

Snow Lotus

Durban Poison (right)

Durban Poison Bud

Nanda Devi (left)

Nanda Devi Bud

So they are all coming along decently. The hybrids are doing their thing starting to flower and the landraces have stopped growing, thank fuck.
The Durban is easily 14 feet tall and still looking healthy. Thing is, I basically only planted them in the raised bed. I have not fed them, I haven’t even watered them!
The Nanda Devi is bushy as hell but has no buds yet and I don’t know many will appear as they are kinda scrawny. It was grown for charas in the Himalayas so that’s what I was expect to make of it in time.
The real critical time is from now till mid-late October. If it rains too much then Bud rot appears. If I can dodge the downpours by bringing them inside but it can be a nerve wracking time, need to be especially vigilant.

Happy growing folks.

11 Likes

That Durban is massive! A shame its flowering so late.
I’m a bit baffled Nanda Devi is going so late. Harvest in India is August and September at 30 degrees latitude. 21 degrees North of that should give you a harvest time 42-63 days later( 2-3 days/ degree of latitude) than India…mid October- end November… looks like you got a late plant. They bud very fast, so hopefully you can get it to finish. Mold won’t be a problem with this one. Durban is pretty hardy too…and also fast flowering…we shall see!
Both are a couple/ few weeks into flower

3 Likes

Okay, so since it’s just a big green mush out my backyard I thought I’d show the progression of the buds.
Shout out to @Gaz29 @Pakore @Guitarzan @Upstate

Durban Stalk

Durban Poison Bud

Super Silver Haze

Super Silver Haze Bud

Snow Lotus

Snow Lotus Bud

Skywalker Kush

Skywalker Kush Bud

Trainwreck

Trainwreck Bud

Nanda Devi Bud

The two landraces have started showing theirselves more now and they flower fast, changing every day. @Upstate was going to try and get me some pollen for a branch on that Durban but it may not get here in time to brush it up.
Beautiful tree though.

12 Likes

Dam you grow some big trees lol

4 Likes

Beautiful ladies.
Fingers crossed the weather gives you a break untill you get them over the line.

3 Likes

Well it’s started.
I had to cut five cola heads on the trainwreck for botrytis. It hurts.

The Durban and Nanda Devi should have more resistance as they are much airier Bud wise. There’s rain on the way so I will be pulling the pots inside as much as Mrs GB will allow.
:man_shrugging::pray::uk:

5 Likes

We had a storm pass through last night. I took the pots in but @JustSumTomatoes 12 foot Orange Grove fell over. It’s about 8 foot of trunk and top heavy so I basically tied it back up again. There’s a lot of tying going on this year. Also I fear they may all finish at the same time. If they get that far lol.

10 Likes

Isnt there a telephone pole nearby that you can ratchet strap that monster too! Lol, hope she doesnt mind it too much!

5 Likes

It’s the mold I worry about. I’m inspecting every plant multiple times a day.
All for that heart sinking moment you spot the leaf dying in the Bud.
3/4 weeks left, or as long as I can dare.

4 Likes

What a beast of a plant, Orange Grove sure does produce a thick stalk!

2 Likes

@JustSumTomatoes It’s a good looking strong plant outdoors and it crashing down was really the first time I got a good look at it.
I planted it and an OGer’s Kush between the Nanda Devi and Durban, both landraces took off like rockets. So the middle plants just kept stretching to get light. Until they were about eight feet of stalk.
I LITFA’d the fuck out of them ladies.
Had to tie them back as they expanded but honestly, I left them completely alone. I did not even water.

Here’s the lowest branches beneath the canopy.

10 Likes

So it’s been raining a lot in the UK. The weather systems sweep in one after the other across the Atlantic.
These are the vigilant times, nursing the last weeks, shaking the stems dry, Botrytis monitoring twitching like a Geiger counter. I think some of them don’t have long to go.

Some Bud shots.

Nanda Devi

Durban Poison

Trainwreck

OG’ers Kush

Orange Grove x Northern Lights

Skywalker Kush

Snow Lotus

Wedding Cake

Super Silver Haze

8 Likes

your getting closer! I hope your weather holds! Your Durban Looks like the faster Durban pheno I had…except yours is massive. Nanda Devi is so pretty. Love the leaves. The Pollen should be there soon. Fingers crossed…freeze what you don’t use in a small glass pint jar with dry rice in it.

1 Like

Fingers crossed! I hope there’ll be time for them to take but we’ll see.

Durban Bud

Lower Branch

5 Likes

Okay. @Upstate sent me some pollen which I immediately dusted on a couple of branches of the Durban.

It’s just such a magnificent tree that I thought it’d make interesting seeds. So there’s some Kahandahar Afghani on one branch and Oaxacan on another.
We’ll see if it takes.

10 Likes

Fingers crossed they both take. I intended to make a Oaxacan Durban cross so it would be sweet if the pollen is still good and you are able to do it. Stigmas should begin to Brown and wither starting at the tips within a week.

3 Likes

So we had a couple of days of heavy rain and serious wind. All the plants in pots I took in and beforehand and chopped leaving only the big two in the beds are left.
The Durban got battered more than the Nanda Devi and a good few branches snapped. I taped/wired as many as I could but lost a big one, over seven feet long. Tragically it had the branch that I tried pollinating with Afghani from @Upstate
The bonus is that this has opened up the inside of the plant to the light.

These landrace buds don’t look like hybrids too much, I hope they will finish before the frosts.
Going to be tough to tell when they are ready to harvest (if they’re still alive!)
Feel free to comment.

I still figure they have a bit to go based on the pistils and lack of trichome activity.
@JustSumTomatoes I’ve been smoking your Northern Lights x Orange Grove. Very nice, Sir.

13 Likes

Have you tried getting a cutting? You could root the cutting under a 12-12 light cycle and bring it out to get pollinated… then back in to finish…Too bad about that large branch. Very impressive! The Durban looks like it’s about 4-6 weeks away from Harvest. Maybe about the same with Nanda Devi. Both of these plants should be able to handle a frost, with the Himalayan able to handle more than one.
Sativas take their time ripening under a weak Northern sun, and resin production is less than normal, too.
Did you pollinate with oaxaca too?
I’ve been in the same boat as you this year. Trying to grow plants that are borderline able to finish. I hope you get lucky!

5 Likes

Glad to hear you’re enjoying it!

3 Likes