Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Lucy just want stop

3 Likes

How is Mega Crop for other plants, flowers and veggies? My roses seem to like it, but I donā€™t want to kill my bulbs or tubers without asking

2 Likes

Iā€™ve been feeding tomatoes, cucumber, strawberry, raspberries, cabbage, radishes, and hot peppers with Megacrop this season. All soil grows and I donā€™t feed them too often or with too strong of a solution. Also, have alternated every couple of feedings with kelp/humic/fulvic/enzymes. Doing fine, fruits are quality. I did add some calcium as a top dressing for the tomatoes and cucumbers at some point to avoid blossom end rot but I donā€™t really know if it was needed.

For some ornamentals we have, I do see some deficiency signs but I been letting them go all summer without making adjustments. And it could be because of other factors such as laziness on my partā€¦

Edit: p.s. In past years I have had problems combating cucumber beetle infestations on, well, the cucumbers. This year, nothing. Few other pests but no pests of concern. Anecdotal, as I did change other things, at this point. Also, of the various crops, the radishes are something of a standout for one reason or another. Iā€™m not a radish connoisseur but my Russian friends, who are, say that they are A++ top shelf. Tomato flavor early harvest of ripe fruit taste was good (better/equivalent to the best store bought), later harvests taste is improving and would say they are now A quality (e.g. much better flavor than can be store bought). I donā€™t know if there was a timing thing with the feeding (magnesium?) or if this is a typical progression but the difference was clear. Also, fruiting occurred a bit earlier this year than past years. Cucumbers, again, high quality. Hot pepper, donā€™t know yet, they are just starting to fruit. Strawberries / raspberries looked great but Iā€™ll have to ask the chipmunks who were quite content to consume most of the crop :sweat_smile:

9 Likes

Megacrop gave me about 1.5 ounces over my average yields in a 3x3 over my standard reamendment procedure.

Used and recycled super soil with no amendment+ megacrop.

Uploadingā€¦

5 Likes

Is your sample enough to do one plant for an entire grow?

Depends how you mix and use it.

If you go with the recommended 5 gm/gallon, the 250 gm sample will make 50 gallons of mix. My hydro babies liked it closer to 4 gm/gal, so I got a little more out of the sample.

2 Likes

Just to elaborate on that a bitā€¦

I have two moms vegging at very low light levels in small hempy buckets. That 50 gallons @ 5 gm/gallon, would last me about 2 years for those two plants.

In my first hydro grow, I was going through around 15 gallons a week for a short time due to some screw ups and problems with the plants that forced me to do several extra rez changes. That grow averaged about 1/3 gallon a day over the entire grow for three plants. In my soil grow, I was averaging about two gallons every three days for four plants hand watering.

So, it can vary a LOT :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Iā€™m hoping my 230g sample gets me through my grow but since itā€™s a new system Iā€™ve already had one extra res change and might have to continue to change it weekly from now on (5gal res).

I wish they didnā€™t expire the overgrow code for the the 610g or whatever.

4 Likes

hi all. I made a ā€œHow to Dial Inā€ quick guide for MEGA CROP how to adjust and tweak dosage to get maximum results, including instructions for optional PK boost. You can read it here

10 Likes

Live from Dabberville plants are settled in for flower time to put some weight on

10 Likes

IAM a Mega Crop user I have pounds and pounds of the best nutrient going. I like sweet Candy I use PK explosion in the beginning of bud stage. I have tried with sweet candy and with out I like the looks of my plants better. I also use mammothP.

7 Likes

Have you used black strap before and if so is the sweet candy better?

2 Likes

Just received my mega crop shipment today. Anything that stinks that bad must be good stuff. :+1:

9 Likes

What is the size of the 3000g of kelp concentrate? Do you think two of them would fit in a flat rate box instead of paying twice the shipping (almost 100 usd) for something that might not be stuffed right in there with no room like the 25lb megacrop is?

I currently use NPK industries kelp, but where I am (Canada) it is pretty hard to come by and is really expensive for small amounts. http://npk-industries.com/kelp_label_back.html
Is your product similar to this? thanks for any info.

Fed my garden all summer around 1.5 ec and they loved it. Was filling up garbage bins full of nutrient solution and still barely a dent in my 25lb bag. Really appreciate the cheap prices and still get a quality product. Seems like everything marketed towards cannabis growers nowadays costs an arm and a leg.

btw keep that shit out of humid air!

7 Likes

I have noticed mine clumping quite badly now from the humidity. Just makes for a little extra elbow grease come mixing time.

5 Likes

Or you never made your own FIsh Amino Acids (FAA), or used neem mealā€¦ I actually think it smells good. Like molasses and kelp.

6 Likes

Haha youā€™d think someone dropped a deuce in the bag. No Iā€™ve never mixed my own FAA. I like stuff to be as simple as I can make it. Itā€™s not laziness. Itā€™s more that I donā€™t have the time to learn things such as that @ReikoX. I find it hard enough to find time and remember to turn and water my compost bin ffs :rofl:

6 Likes

Thatā€™s smells good? Like a red tide, good?

3 Likes

There I go, over using my pronouns againā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

No FAA smells like fish and vinigar, slightly better than ass. Neem smell slightly worse than ass after Indian food.

I think Megacrop smells good, like kelp and molasses.

7 Likes

Ahh.

I used to work around sun fermented mixtures of chicken blood and sawdust. Nothing beats that stuff. After spending a day around that, everything would smell like roses. :laughing:

I wonder if the all organic folks eventually develop a different sense of smell?

5 Likes