Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Thanks dude. :smiley: 2020202020

2 Likes

Hi @GreenleafNutrients.
Iā€™m 45 days into flowering, and been away for 3 days. They get feed every 2ā€™nd day because my autopot system release water far more often than needed (top soil is wet, constantly)

Some info:
PH tap water: 9
PPM: 0
Soil growing

Water that feed plants:
Water temp: 21Ā°
PH: 6
EC 1,6 - 1,8

I came home to this. Will provide more info as needed, but right now I would love some input how I can prevent further issues :frowning:

4 Likes

Megacrop is all that I use these daysā€¦Indoors and outdoors tooā€¦I love the stuff!

Thank You Greenleaf Nutrients for making a great product at a great priceā€¦These have been getting their PK boost as well and I will be switching to that too!

10 Likes

In your case, if the damage isnā€™t pest or spider mite, your feeding of MC looks fine.

I would suggest to add in Bud Explosion PK booster. It has extra PK and magnesium, so you might possibly have a magnesium issue and the PK can help with yields. Also you can just dose them with extra Epsom salts if you want to boost Magnesium only

4 Likes

Cool, thanks.
Iā€™ll add Epsom salt to the reservoir tomorrow, and up the water intervals. I checked the soil moisture, and it was quite low on the plant with the rust problem.

2 more weeks, so should be good :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Btw, I have some Cal/Mag from Advanced nutrients. What might be the best option?

3 Likes

Just received new 9.14.19

Mag is 2.3% on the label. Typo? Or do I need to return for 2.6% version? I have plenty of ver2. Therefore I do not want to double purchase.

3 Likes

new formula same bag.

1 Like

Removed. Megacrop is great

5 Likes

Finally got around to ordering a sample bag and itā€™s back ordered , not sure how long till it ships from Canada but I do have some coming guess itā€™s the v2 !

Going to try in on my moms Iā€™ve got growing right now see how they like it

2 Likes

It will be version 3. The chunks are smaller and it blends much better. If you use ver2, you will easily know ver3 is visually different. I pour mine into mason jars to keep the moisture down.

7 Likes

I still have plenty of V2 left, but I might order some V3 anyway. I mix up such small amounts that the chunks worry me. Im always worried Im getting too much chunk or two little when I measure out just 6 or 8 grams at a time. To over come that, Ive been mixing up really concentrated jars of it to add to the rez when I top off, but I would prefer to just add small amounts without having to worry if I got enough chunks or too many :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I too was making small batches with v2. I finally sifted my v2 between the chunks and powder. I put both parts into different jars. I played with the ratios some and settled on 50% of each. The 50/50 chunks/powder awakened my sleeping beauties so I didnā€™t mess with it any more. But I feel i should have tried it with a slightly higher chunk ratio.

7 Likes

wow thanks dude I was just thinking of doing this. Because Iā€™m only testing it on a single plant for now Iā€™m mixing very small batches and always worried about that ratio getting skewed. so 50/50 by weight eh?

@GreenleafNutrients At what ratio does the bags we buy come at?

6 Likes

Yes I did it by weight. If I need 5 grams, I use 2.5 grams of each, chunk and powder. When I used less than 50/50 I got a horrible cal mag deficiency. I can only speculate they was made worse because they had just switched into fast growth mode. The 50/50 leveled it off. Plus the addition of 1.5 mlUploadingā€¦ of calimagic

5 Likes

This is excellent information and I will have to try it.

I would think it would also be okay to grind it all to an even consistency and shake it up before use.

6 Likes

The grind sound like a real winner. Megacrop at 4.5 g/gal is will only lack the the proper cal mag ratio. Media/ light dependent. I use coco and cobs. Coco steal calcium and cobs steal magnesium. Use the calimagic to bring your cal mag numbers where they need to be. I was told 110 Ppmā€™s of calimagic has 75ppm of cal, 15 ppm of n and 20 ppm of calcium. I used 1.5 ml of the calimagic. Things are looking much better. Everything is darkening up like it should be. I also added .25g/gal of bud explosion. Tweak as needed.

8 Likes

Ive been wondering about that myself. @GreenleafNutrients - is that a good or bad idea?

The reason I have not done that yet is I have no good way to grind something that stinky using my wifes blender with getting a divorce :wink:

5 Likes

Removed. Megacrop is great

6 Likes

What ppms are you at with just MC, and after adding the calmag? Been having troubles dialing this in myself.

Great tips btw, thanks!

3 Likes