Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Uploading… I have one of those cheapie pen. So I don’t trust it. Calculator says it’s 506 Megacrop alone Pen will say 860-900 total with RO water. I have used it on seedlings without any problems. From what I gather when the cal mag isn’t right, the plants can’t use the nitrogen… so it piles up and burns them. I used to think mine could not handle over 3g/gal. With the proper ratio they handle that easily. Will get you some pics in a few when I get back inside.

5 Likes

Removed. Megacrop is great

8 Likes

if you are a small grower you can grind it like coffee

5 Likes

Beautiful, that is definitely a perfectly healthy plant there. I’ve been having good results with the ‘extended veg’ strength which is about 1.2 grams per litre (~4.8 grams per gallon). It comes out to about 1000ppm with my water, but some plants are showing mild calmag issues. I’m gonna try something more like your recipe and see how they like it!

3 Likes

can you post a picture of your plants that you think have deficiency?

4 Likes

Sure I’ll grab one when I get home tonight.

2 Likes

Here is the calculator results. I can only post one pic at a time. Bummer. You hear guys talking about mystery deficiency when using tap…and coco(hydro). It’s back to RO water for me. Tap is great in soil… it better be some great tap for coco.

3 Likes

That’s interesting, but I’m not sure I get it lol. You plugged in the MC numbers? What do the results mean?

1 Like

Here’s a few pics of the deficiency. Note that new growth is looking healthy…this plant was almost entirely spotted like this a couple weeks ago, I’ve since flushed it, up-potted it and gave it a few shots of a competitors 2 part veg formula. Its slowly bouncing back, but still alot leaves showing this issue.

Here’s how these leaves eventually end up

2 Likes

It shows how much of each element it has available. This chart shows what it should have. There are many available. Choose one that matches your type of grow and ride with it.

3 Likes

Ahh cool, that’s a great reference.

1 Like

Here is another chart showing the elevated calcium and magnesium. My leaves would do that as well. Small plants.

2 Likes

2 points

1. it looks like your overall dose is too low (plants are light green color)
  2. that looks like more root damage or some root issue than calMag (root rot, root disease, pests)

Calcium is an immobile nutrient, so if that was a problem would show up on new growth. So its possible its Mg def, it still seems unlikely due to the pictures and other factors.

6 Likes

This reminded me that I have an old coffee grinder that hasnt been used in years. I used it to grind store bought weed before I started growing. My wife already considers it ruined, so its free to use! :slight_smile:

Before:

After about 4 to 5 seconds of grinding:

Didnt take long and other than some smell, its not all that messy. Be prepared for some smelly dust though :slight_smile:

5 Likes

try not to inhale the dust, process outdoors or in ventilated area.

5 Likes

I had a big fan exhausting the room, but yeah, I should have worn a mask too. Thanks for the reminder!

4 Likes

That’s ‘extended veg’ dose. All my other veg plants get it and are totally fine and darker on color. Could be a root thing as the transplant definitely seemed to revitalize it.

4 Likes

Any idea when 2.5 kg bag will be available in Canada?

2 Likes

hopefully tonight hopefully tonight

2 Likes

Thanks for the super speedy response :grinning:

3 Likes