Greenleaf Nutrients MEGA CROP Q&A/Support/Pictures/Feedback/Anything thread

Are those big girls on your deck? Gorgeous!

:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Haha…Yeppers…
Thank You!

3 Likes

I bought some about a year ago and it has been sitting. It got moisture in the bag. Will/has it gone bad? I used some on this winters grow and having issues. Love the stuff using it on the last indoor grow.

What is the shelf life?

If it gets wet and sits will it go bad?

2 Likes

long shelf life, you can still use it

3 Likes

I am a small grower and bought a 22lb bag of V1. I put into a Homer bucket with a lid and only take out maybe 8 ounces at a time to put in a tupperware container…Never had moisture in anything happy to say. That was over 2 yrs ago.

3 Likes

It tends to clump up into big lumps when it gets damp. Adding some to hot/boiling water and making a “liquid version” mega crop helps with this then just add that solution to your water in small amounts until you get your desired ppm/e.c

8 Likes

This should work for most people. If you live in an especially hot/humid environment, then possible this solution might not be good enough, and you would need a container seal with a plastic gasket seal to keep moisture out, or make some modification to make the bucket more air-sealed.

3 Likes

I am in the High Desert in the Sierra Nevada range (Northern Nevada)…VERY dry and very hot in the summers (avg RH about 15%!)…winters…you never know…could be below zero or in the 50’s…still very low RH. The Megacrop V1 is about the same in storage (opened) as it was when opened a yr ago )or more…I forgot when)

The plants just love the outdoor climate in the summers!

3 Likes

Hey @GreenleafNutrients. As I was feeding my plants yesterday it occurred to me how far you’ve come since the original MegaCrop. This newest version is a joy to use. Dissolves effortlessly and is not as sensitive to humidity IMO. Just wanted to say thanks.

:cowboy_hat_face:

8 Likes

Hey, just switching to flower on my first indoor grow. Been reading this thread and tooling around the web page and considering skipping the sample and going right to the 22lb bag. Is there any way to apply the sample discount (unused) to the bigger bag?

5 Likes

hi, no there isn’t, but you can use code MEGACROP for a 6% discount

2 Likes

thank you so much sir!

we are doing 1 more change in about 3-6 months, and planning to make it pure powder. This seems to be a much bigger issue that a lot of indoor smaller growers were complaining about (mixture of balls and powder and perception of getting uneven mixture). So with pure powder formula you can use extremely small doses and not have to worry about uneven mixture.

:smile_cat:

FYI: We just landed about 650 units of various stock and sizes in Canada this afternoon. They were out of stock for a while, but everything is good to go now :smiley:

5 Likes

The concentrate I made works great! I’ve been using it in veg at the same ec I used to use with my bottled nutes and no signs of problems. Shit, I’ll save a fortune if this works out. I’ve only been using it on my personal grow. I’ll be swapping the commercial grow over to this formula and continue to track progress.

Edit: I’m still adding 2ml/ gal of gh calimagic to my ro water because old habits die hard. But I don’t think I even need it

6 Likes

What’s everyones opinions on their “bud explosion” and “sweet candy”… is it worth the purchase? If you only bought one which would you choose and why for a soil grow

5 Likes

Just from our take. You can choose to use either one as an optional bloom type booster product.
The Sweet Candy will have organics, plant extracts, kelp, fulvics, humics and carbohydrate which specifically benefit soil type grows. The Bud Explosion is more of a concentrated pure PK booster.

5 Likes

So I take it you favour the sweet candy over the explosion? I take it either product can be mixed with normal dose MC rather than eliminating the MC in exchange for the candy or explosion. Can they be added to other brands nutrients too?

I just noticed on your page the candy description and pics say 0-17-28 but one pic says 0-0-16. Is that just the difference between new and old formula

3 Likes

So what’s the current version now? V30.0?

2 Likes

These are my notes on approximate PPM breakdowns - per gram, per gallon.
Updated for newer Sweet Candy.

2 Likes

good to hear, i just ground mine anyways, and started making up concentrated batches to level things out.

Something i was gonna hold off discussing till i could run it again to confirm and not start excess chat about it but this newer stuff that will be coming out is any work going into say what starting pH a mixed up batch starts at ?

Something that i expect was the cause of my issue in the last six months or so is i wasn’t diligent enough to check starting values when i changed over to the v2 and v3 stuff expecting the same, but the old v1 stuff when mixed up always put me in the 5.7-6.0ish range pH wise with my low 0.04 EC water and plants were happy, where as the v2 and v3 in hindsight and measured when mixed up is in the 4 ish pH range, and the feed level always seemed to be a lot narrower or would run into deficiencies or excess easily which would support the pH difference argument.

Obviously outdoors and or bigger pots the plants and media can usually buffer the roots zone to work with that, but the smaller you go container wise the harsher the swings or noticeable imbalances are at least in my current observation and experience.

I’ve just been thinking on that personally and would still like to go back to megacrop and support you, it’s just quite a few of us smaller grower on here have ran into issues with the v2, v3 stuff and most have migrated over to other nutrient systems due to those issues. Really enjoyed the v1 stuff, and again i haven’t confirmed 100% that this was one of my main issues, but i plan on running the v2/v3 stuff on a new run i got going just paying attention to adjusting the pH values to appropriate starting levels so i can confirm this.

8 Likes

The problem I had with MC was the PH AND the mold/slime ( or whatever it was ) growing in the solution & concentrated stock.

1 Like