Greetings from Toronto

Lol thanks Beacher, I thought about LED… We’ll see lol… as long as heat isn’t an issue I’ll keep rockin \m/

2 Likes

LEDs really are amazing, but there’s something about that blinding orange light that is very comforting haha. You should be fine with the cool tube, do you have a carbon scrubber hooked into it?

3 Likes

I haven’t had to activate the exhaust fan with the 250 w, temps are 77-78, but yes a new carbon filter is on the way.

2 Likes

Oh nice, if that’s the case then you should be totally fine with the 1000. That’s really good, sounds like you’ve got a perfect spot.

2 Likes

Looking nice and healthy, you might get away with lowering that light a bit more. They seem a little stretched but I have never grown that strain, so they may be like that naturally. Have you grown these out before?

1 Like

Hi Cory! Welcome to OverGrow

Nice setup you have there. You are going to do some great work in that tent.

There seems to be a growing group of us in the GTA. Too bad for the Corona restrictions
we could have done some cool barbecues this summer.

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Hey Gpaw thanks for the welcome, I look forward to meeting the Torontonians, I’m getting another tent, and will be selecting a Dos Di Dos or Lemon Skunk mother in the near future.

2 Likes

I haven’t, their bag seed, I’m just dialing this formula in, I believe I could use new bulbs as well.

1 Like

Be sure to explore OG when the mood strikes you as we have some interesting and informative threads. There’s a busy stream of projects on the go right now, are lots of knowledgeable folks that can answer questions.

Enjoy!! :+1: :sunglasses:

Cheers
G

4 Likes

Welcome to OG brotha! Glad to have ya in here don’t be afraid to ask questions were here to help!

3 Likes

Thanks Tinytuttle

3 Likes

welcome to og !

Overgrow the world :facepunch:

2 Likes

Grow room update,
California Gold 2 seedlings
Champagne diesel 4 seedlings
7 blue diesel clones
4 dos si dos seeds germinating
2 lemon Skunk germinating
1 skittles germinating

3 Likes

I’m going to be moving my veg/cloning area to a smaller tent, I’m going to put 2 1000 watt LEDs into the 4x4 for flowering. The goal is two have 2 flowering tents, and one veg tent, all perpetual with a harvest every month

4 Likes

You are going to be knee deep in bud at the end of a year, thats a lot of trimming :wink:

2 Likes

I am confused by the numbers, are you talking about 2 kilowatts out of the wall or “equivalent watts” some LED manufacturers like to refer to?

Cheers
G

3 Likes

Equivalent watts Gpaw

2 Likes

Depending on the manufacturer that could be anything from 100w to 450w out the wall.

To get an equivalent to 1000w HPS you want something around 450W + out of the wall. Don’t believe what it says on the advertisement especially if they are coming from China.

2 real 1000w equivalent LEDs will be too much light in a 4x4.

If you have some DIY skills check out this thread. Save some money and get some decent light coverage.

1 Like

Hey Shadey,
Each unit draws 115 actual from the wall, this is my first time with LEDs , and from the brief research I’ve done I believe the 2 lamps will provide decent coverage. The ones I got are called Likesuns.

2 Likes

Should be ok for a 4x4 tent, 115w out of the wall will probably be 15w to run the fans and 100w for the lights X2 wil be somewhere around equivalent to a 400 HPS/HID light.

I have a Chinese blurple light that says 240w out the wall, when I took it apart to clean it, it only had 2x50w drivers for the lights and 15w for the fans. So you never really know what you have until you look inside them. I think yours will be correct, I can’t imagine they would go less than that in a light.

1 Like