Greybeard seeds Co

I’ve digged part of the topic from #sharks-tank and merged with current one… Sock puppet discussion was left in the Tank… https://overgrow.com/t/greybeard-seeds-sock-puppets-discussion/29235

1 Like

oh wow i guess google had him flagged for selling seeds … paypal banned my accounts for selling seeds but they didn’t go after anyone that bought from me …

2 Likes

Sometime I have to play devil’s advocate.

My experience with Greybeard a week or two ago was fine. Seeds arrived in 2-3 days. All in breeder packaging and I got a couple of freebies.

I was skeptical based on the negative feedback myself. But from what I gathered most of the negative experiences were a couple years ago now. It is highly possible they made changes/figured their shit out. Just my two cents.

1 Like

Hahaha only took ya two years and me saying the same thing twice to figure that out. Also I’ll say it plainly instead of implying it. I strongly believe Grey’s a snitch. Didn’t happen to any of the other people on his FB.

2 Likes

This is a trend I’ve personally found with U.S seed banks. Poor customer service, cash grabs and trust fund kids setting up shop. That said there are also many very good banks in the U.S but the stability just isn’t there when compared to overseas.

With Greybeard I’ve not had a problem with orders but I’ve only used them once or twice and that was many months ago. I’m just not willing to send a seed bank cash with ratings all over the place. And the fact there is ZERO info on their site about who they are or any contact info.
Just not worth it to me, there are to many other good banks out there.

Great Lakes has always been straight up…Well besides telling peps it is running three days behind, when in fact it’s much more than that. I don’t mind waiting, just be honest about it and most ppl won’t blow up yer inbox wondering about orders.
And lastly I did read a thread between a couple of mods on Autoflower NT talking about Hella Dank. I didn’t follow it closely but they were saying something about they (the seed bank) showing up at ppl’s houses.
I don’t have any more info than that but it’s prob still up. Ummm Also, it’s not the best idea in the world showing up at a growers house. Most don’t like company esp uninvited company. It’s just a matter of time before they knock on the wrong door. :skull_and_crossbones:

1 Like

what the fuck?? this can’t be for real …

2 Likes

That’s all I know…Read it about a week ago, convo between a mod and a few ppl on Autoflr NT. No idea what it’s all about.

That’s how people fall off the face of the planet

3 Likes

Greybeard is a scammer. Robin curtis is a scammer. Just google a little bit you will find people have stories from 5 years ago and 5 weeks ago about how the seeds they got never made anything like the label, or never germinated, or never showed up in the mail. I’ve personally had bad contact with him. you can also search larimer seed co for negative feedback.

5 Likes

is that another name he used?

Yeah he partnered up with “atticus” green, you can see atticus green on facebook he says he was larimer. atticus started it and then got suckered into partnering with Robin curtis. they both made a lot of “mistakes” and robin scammed his partner

robin = greybeard or no?

1 Like

yes. ten more characters

FYI, if you placed a order with them between Mar3rd-Mar8th read below.

Processing Info

Hello Everyone, this is the owner of Greybeard Robin Curtiss. This email is to let you know what has happened to Greybeard. Due to some new banking regulations, our Credit card processor dropped us, leaving no way to fulfill your orders.

The processor closed our account on May 3rd and didn’t bother to tell us until May 8th. Consequently 240 orders totally around $40,000 are in limbo, you were charge and I never got the money. They are holing it until the first of June, where they have said they may let them process or just delete them and return the money to you. They won’t give me a definite answer.

We have found a new processor, but its a process getting them set up and our timeline is approximately another week, which will put us reopening around the 26th of May or so.

I realize this puts all of you in a huge bind as the growing season is starting.
I have 2 options available to you

1. Charge back the charges now, but as you know this will probably take about 14 business days to resolve itself.

2. You can wait and I will fulfill your when the new processor is setup

Neither of these options are good ones, but it is the only thing I can do. We will not charge you and take your money without sending your seeds.
I’ve seen the social media onslaught about us but the things being said are not true.
Yes recently we’ve been running out of supplies, but, this is due to Spain being closed from the Corona Virus, our shipments of seeds we’re setting in Spain. There fore out timeline of reception was irrelevant. Seems like a perfect storm.

Whichever you decide, know, again, that we do no t steal from people, ever!
We can’t please everyone, and they voice their frustration on social media, but it doesn’t make these words true.

I currently have over 7000 emails in Greybeards mail box, it would take me a lifetime to get through them and for this I apologize as well as for the delays.

Sincerely

Robin Curtiss
Owner/CEO
Greybeard Industries

[GreyBeard Seeds]
[Greybeardseeds.com]

I wish these so called mom&pop seed banks would invest in customer service. It’s the same B.S response no matter which bank. At this point most banks have had long enough to higher more staff for office work.
But that would cut into their bottom line, so no chance until it becomes to much for the person in charge.
If the bank would tell you up front and answer emails then it would be differ. :roll_eyes:

Also, edited to say; I’ve never had any issues with Greybeard, just passing info along…

4 Likes

My mother ordered some seeds from him last year. She did receive them. She only got a couple to germinate out of like 4. Only one of them came up. The plant was an auto, but only got to be a few inches tall. Enough for a few bowls I suppose.

I cannot vouch for her growing prowess, but it was in living soil I mixed up myself, and we had success growing auto’s in before.

Personally, we have decided not to go with him again. We are growing old seeds I have saved up, and I went and bought a few clones this time. I had a friend hook her up, so we will see, but they all look good so far!

3 Likes

This is helpful information. Thank you for posting this.

In the past, I have spoken highly of Greybeard on here because my experience was great.
Seeds arrived 3 days from my time of ordering, I got some freebies, and 100% germination rate, and he took debit at that time.

This caused me to place another order with Greybeard approximately 2-3 weeks ago. I got an order confirmation # however no email, no tracking, no nothing. When I looked back it did not bill me so I am guessing the issues described above are persisting. Also, his site was down for maintenance last time I checked.

I ended up placing my most recent order with Seedsman who I have never used until now. I know it will take a bit longer to arrive but I have heard great things about them and I probably have about 10 or so free seeds coming with that order.

As great as my experience was with greybeard in the past (The Stardawg freebies he sent me are growing phenomenally) I will probably steer clear in the future. I just do not want any problems.

2 Likes

Ive never tried greybeard guys but I’ve done enough lurking on different forums that i know to stay away from them.

1 Like

I’ve dealt with Seedsman (large orders), found them very reliable, replaced +$200 Order when confiscated. Good germination ratio, but now plenty of USA-based Seed Banks. Plus, Covid has caused a l-o-n-g delay in International Mail.

1 Like

Good to know. My estimated delivery really was not too bad. About 2.5 weeks from order.

If that holds true I will be more than happy seeing as I placed my order way before I will actually have the space for any of it.

It sounds like they ship large batches over at once and then break them down and repackage in the States for final delivery. Maybe someone else has insight on that.

Edit: I also opted for the insurance. Said they will replace it if anything happens. It was like 8 bucks I think, but way worth it.

1 Like

Indeed worth it. No, they sometimes break down large orders, dispatch them from Spain normally. The are many US-based Breeders/Sellers on par with Seedsman, in my opinion.

2 Likes