Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

I read an article on the subject. It seems my DNA is off in one respect. The enzyme in the liver that processes THC is missing in my body.
I have tried several times; on an empty stomach, full stomach, no alcohol, with alcohol, with olive oil, with salad, I even took a tablespoon of tincture and still nothing.
I can link you the article if you like, but it’s rather a long read. Very interesting stuff though.

1 Like

Yeah, they have everything from 1/4 oz to lb bags. The build your own order is the way to go. You don’t have to buy bulk. You can just get a few to try it out. I’m sold from the experiences my friends have described.

3 Likes

Okay so I’m a wet trimmer just cuz that’s how it works for me.

So harvest
Trim
Dry to 62percent
Jar to verify it’s 62 percent through out
Then put in these bags for a few months in the dark.

Is this right or am I missing a step

5 Likes

I’d love to read it, thank you!

1 Like

I am buying a moisture meter to check mine. They are inexpensive and I can use it on my lumber to test the moisture as well.
Just put in the probes and it’ll tell you exactly the moisture level but jarring for a bit seems prudent.

3 Likes

I wondering if you get a QP size and throw 3 ounces in that would matter? . Thinking about trying the Ounce and QP.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you posted these. My grow is on point, my timing on chop is on point, my dry is on point…and then we get to curing where I’ve had it go wrong and I don’t know why. I don’t find it too inconvenient to burp for the amounts I grow but having anything that could take the guesswork and finger crossing out of the equation is a game changer. Definitely going to be grabbing some of these before chop.

10 Likes

This is the article I was referring to Rogue. I found a better one by this same guy but this will get you in the ballpark.
:v: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I hope this helps you Slick1, Let us know plz.
I’m definitely gonna pop for some.

2 Likes

My dry/cure so far has left my buds with a nice chlorophyll smell/taste, so I was planning to jar up my buds earlier than I usually do, but that makes me fear mold. I just ordered 4 of the QP bags, so hopefully the buds from my autos will turn out nicely :smiley: Will update. Still a bit for those plants to finish.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll definitely keep you guys posted. I’m excited to give it try.

4 Likes

Thanks for the tag @MoBilly - I suck at remembering to burp jars and have, admittedly, lost enough bud in my lifetime due to mold (because I neglected the jars) that I’m willing to give these a go. :boom::v:t3::boom:

Awesome bro. I’m completely out of likes. LOL
Let us know how they do?
Thanks.

1 Like

On 4/20 I ate 40mg, my girlfriend is a lightweight and ate 20mg. I had a nice light to medium buzz, she was like this…

12 Likes

Thanks for the ‘heads-up’ MoBilly, I had fun looking at their page this morning.

I had a look at their page trying to understand how it worked and I’m still scratching my head. :thinking:
I don’t understand how it can regulate to 60% RH.
If the film is permeable to water vapour how does it maintain a low oxygen environment?
Can the bags be repeatedly used?
I wish there were some technical papers there because I don’t just understand the mechanisms involved.

Cheers
G

7 Likes

Those are interesting and am thinking about trying some.

Although there are some unexpected results in their testing:

image [1]

Bar 11 (black) is the original sample as tested at the start of the study.
Bars 9,10 (green) are sealed within Grove bags of differing sizes.
The remaining bars (blue) are different storage containers.

What doesn’t make sense to me is that the terpenes increased relative to the control.

I understand that the terpene profile may change a bit with time but an increase and only with their bags?

The only thing I can figure is that the samples sent to test weren’t normalized and had different water content (more mass relative to the active substances) when run through the LC.

I’m unclear to the mechanics for this, am I misinterpreting this?

13 Likes

I’m out of likes but DANG!!!
:smile: :sweat_smile: :joy:
I try to be a good person, really I do.
But I still laughed my rear off over this.

6 Likes

Yep. I’ve wondered about that quite a bit.
It’s above my pay grade though.
If it works, it works. I’ll be satisfied with not understanding the physics. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes, not normalized…
It does make me feel better about my approach! (mason jar + humidity pack)
I find the lack of technical information personally frustrating.

Cheers
G

6 Likes

You cannot smell anything outside one of the heat sealed bags, I presume the claims of increased terps is simply that if you burp you are letting something escape which you can smell but if you don’t need to burp then it’s all still in the bag .

2 Likes