Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

OH, I got you.

This is how most are ordering them. It’s less expensive and you buy just what you need.

2 Likes

This is how most are ordering them. It’s less expensive and you buy just what you need.

5 Likes

I’ve never tried them. Would be curious to see a side by side smoke test. (as people say humidity packs can also effect terpenes.) That would be interesting…

I find it’s all in the initial dry. If you get your dry correct, you don’t have to worry too much about what happens in the jar. (Although if I’m being really picky yeah that long term cure bud does smoke really nice.)

…on a flip note, even mene-gean said terpenes are most favourable soonest after harvest.

6 Likes

Thanks for the tag, but I don’t cure, I decarboxylate after one to two weeks of drying and eat all my weed one teaspoon at a time. Extraction is unnecessary.
Since it’s practically sterile after 3 hours of 100 degrees Celsius I imagine it lasts for years as well.
I like my CBN and 11-hydroxy-THC.

9 Likes

Hey @MoBilly . I have use something like that. I just hang mine. I dry the :100:. Less smells. I use window screens. With a fan underneath. The dry in a few days. I will eat bud just like it is. Greener the better. My Chewing tobacco. I’m cheap also

2 Likes

I wish edibles worked on me. It’s a genetic thing. I’ve eaten enough edibles in one sitting to put Snoop Dog in a coma for a week and still nothing. Tried it several times and others got blasted off the same stuff that I ate.
Absolutely no effect, and I was so looking forward to that experience.
:sob:

3 Likes

Alcohol definitely diminishes the effect. Diet and BMI also have an impact.
It’s best eaten on empty stomach, mixed with the first couple of bites of a meal.
Greasy food helps, I don’t eat meat and am quite skinny. I have a couple of friends who smoke and drink and eat meat and they’re always wondering why I like to eat it. The only time it got them pretty baked was on the train on the way to a party, but then they started drinking and by the time we were there they were sober again while I was floating along stoned to the bone.
But yeah, everyone is different…
Also since the liver is where the magic happens, it has to be fully available and not be busy breaking down toxins for maximum effect. And we live in a world where nearly everything has some kinda toxin in it… I eat mostly organic too. Still strange how it doesn’t affect some people at all. Maybe it’s for the best? Not everyone wants to experience 8+ hours of a relentless stone. :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

So like pound bag holds a pound?

1 Like

Thanks for the tag, interesting topic,
I’ll do some research :v:

2 Likes

I read an article on the subject. It seems my DNA is off in one respect. The enzyme in the liver that processes THC is missing in my body.
I have tried several times; on an empty stomach, full stomach, no alcohol, with alcohol, with olive oil, with salad, I even took a tablespoon of tincture and still nothing.
I can link you the article if you like, but it’s rather a long read. Very interesting stuff though.

1 Like

Yeah, they have everything from 1/4 oz to lb bags. The build your own order is the way to go. You don’t have to buy bulk. You can just get a few to try it out. I’m sold from the experiences my friends have described.

3 Likes

Okay so I’m a wet trimmer just cuz that’s how it works for me.

So harvest
Trim
Dry to 62percent
Jar to verify it’s 62 percent through out
Then put in these bags for a few months in the dark.

Is this right or am I missing a step

5 Likes

I’d love to read it, thank you!

1 Like

I am buying a moisture meter to check mine. They are inexpensive and I can use it on my lumber to test the moisture as well.
Just put in the probes and it’ll tell you exactly the moisture level but jarring for a bit seems prudent.

3 Likes

I wondering if you get a QP size and throw 3 ounces in that would matter? . Thinking about trying the Ounce and QP.

3 Likes

I’m so glad you posted these. My grow is on point, my timing on chop is on point, my dry is on point…and then we get to curing where I’ve had it go wrong and I don’t know why. I don’t find it too inconvenient to burp for the amounts I grow but having anything that could take the guesswork and finger crossing out of the equation is a game changer. Definitely going to be grabbing some of these before chop.

10 Likes

This is the article I was referring to Rogue. I found a better one by this same guy but this will get you in the ballpark.
:v: :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

I hope this helps you Slick1, Let us know plz.
I’m definitely gonna pop for some.

2 Likes

My dry/cure so far has left my buds with a nice chlorophyll smell/taste, so I was planning to jar up my buds earlier than I usually do, but that makes me fear mold. I just ordered 4 of the QP bags, so hopefully the buds from my autos will turn out nicely :smiley: Will update. Still a bit for those plants to finish.

3 Likes

Yeah I’ll definitely keep you guys posted. I’m excited to give it try.

4 Likes