Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

I heat seal mine for long term storage and I think it makes a difference. The smell really pops out when I cut the sealed strip off, even before I touch the zipper. Short term I just use the zipper

5 Likes

Ya, I’m ordering a few more 1lb bags and put this BF and BBM in bags and store in totes. The boveda can go back in their zip lock. From now that’s it. Dry and done.

2 Likes

Were you satisfied with the results using the 1lb bag?

2 Likes

oh dang, didn’t realize they carry 1lb sizes

Tried them recently, and they worked well for me! I also recently tried other 2-way humidity control bags that offer similar features. The problem with the bags for me is the limited capacity size. Unless you do larger custom orders, you can get customized sizing but I never need that much. Have only been able to store around 10-12g at a time.

2 Likes

Thanks for stopping by @budman20 and welcome to the forum! You should stop by the introduction thread and say howdy to the community. Feel free to drop by my greenroom thread MoBilly's greenroom (Back in the Saddle Again)
I have, mostly, only used the bags for the cure. I use 1/4 lb bags for that. After that, I either vacuum pack and freeze or jar them up. I only use a couple of 1/2 oz bags for on hand smoke. I am sold on them though. I have a 1/2 lb bag that has had some curing in it for a good bit. It’s doing great and the smell is amazing. That’s the only time I used anything larger than 1/4 lb.

1 Like

Thank you @MoBilly !! :slightly_smiling_face:

Ahh ok interesting, gotcha. Ok, this sounds good and am gonna try it. Thanks!!

1 Like

I just used the ziploc style seal the bags have. If I was storing long term I’d probably heat seal though.

4 Likes

I used the Grove bags to cure for over 2.5 months now. I am sold on the bags as I’ve never been able to burp my jars properly for as long as 2.5 months. The smoke after 2.5 months in the Grove bags are smooth, smoother than I ever bought from the black market or the new legal market for pot.

I think for pot smokers that accept that they will get high and forget to put jar lids back on these bags are the way to go. Properly cured cannabis isn’t as smooth as tobacco it seems but it’s a lot closer than I would have guessed.

I think if you dry your flower to the proper range and add the Boveda packs at 62% to your bags with temp and humidity monitors it’s pretty fail safe. That’s what I did and I could not be happier with the results compared to my results with jars.

Pot is super tasty and in my opinion is more favorable than that I had in jars. More wide range of flavors compared to that of the jars with flavors muted or missing from the jars but likely caused by drying out because the lids didn’t always get back on time.

9 Likes

Thanks for the input @FreeCanadianHugs . I was the same. I would forget to re-close those jars at the right time as well.

2 Likes

Once you’ve reached the proper humidity I’d ditch the humidity packs . I’ve found they change the weed with extended use.
That could just be me though.

7 Likes

I just got my second order of them. The first batch made life so much easier I’m not looking to go back to jars in the near future.

Anyone have any luck with reusing bags? I’m guessing it shouldn’t be a problem but still would be cool to hear a success story to confirm (even if just anecdotally).

4 Likes

I have @Slick1 . I only use them for ~ 2 months and then I vacuum pack and freeze, or jar.
I haven’t had any problem using them this way. I haven’t heat sealed either. I’m just careful to make sure the seal is closed completely and put in a digital meter where I can look through the clear to check on that.

4 Likes

Good to hear!

I’ve had bud stored in my last batch of bags for a year plus right now and am nowhere near emptying them but am hopeful that eventually when they’re empty I they can just be put back in rotation and work.

2 Likes

I’ve been thinking about this. I’ve never left the packs in long term. I have used them to re-hydrate buds that I let get too dry to bring them up to ~ 60 RH though. But really, since I have vegging plant going all the time, I can just put some green leaves in the bag until it gets to where I want. After that, they hold steady on their own.

2 Likes

WHOLE POINT of these bags is NOT to use a humidty pack, as they rob terps. WHY use these if your using a pack, defeats the entire purpose of the bag???

7 Likes

I’m on my third strain in the same grove bag and haven’t noticed any issues. I agree with jet no need to use humidity pouch’s in the grove bags.

3 Likes

The grove bag creator said “if under 60” use fan leaves to rehydrate. On podcast i listened to recently.

4 Likes

Yeah, like I said, they work to bring over dry buds back up to where you want them but after that, the bags keep it there.

1 Like

Humidity pack is to regulate humidity level. Grove bag is to regulate humidity…pick one or the other
I DITCHED my Boveda’s for the Groves.

Opened a dozen of them 50 times each over 3 mos time, no issues with sealing and holding humidity at 58-60, i personally will not be vac sealing. WHEN full cure is done, THEN ill place in jars and vac seal for storage.

Any bud to be consumed anytime soon, is staying in the Groves. I like them very much , never burping a jar again :heart_eyes:

5 Likes