Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

Yeah, pretty sure he removes any fan leaves then hangs the plants whole.

3 Likes

Just to come back to this, I realized it was the half of bubblegum that I had in a jar that smelled like tea, where the half in the grove bag actually smells significantly better.

I’ve been looking into this more and I’m wondering what kind of trim job you did on your tea smelling buds?

I was pretty lazy on these because I usually do a quick hand trim on each bud before grinding them rather than trimming them all at once. So the buds are pretty leafy. I’ve read somewhere that that can contribute to a tea type of smell.

2 Likes

I’m a super lazy trimmer might be the problem

2 Likes

It’s been 4 months since I started using these things. Love em. Love em. Love em. I started heat sealing them to see if there is a difference.

After four months it doesn’t seem aged at all if that makes sense. Jars would do the same if I’d keep my mitts outta them. No breaking these though. Just my two cents.

10 Likes

So another idea: those bags are very similar to the ones tabacco is selled mostly rolling tabacco and the true is that tabacco gets in there and remain good.
Could this zip bags from tabacco do the same? Can some one test it side by side?

4 Likes

Are they less expensive?
Do you have a link to an example?

I would be willing to test them side by side.

M

2 Likes

Are the bags where you buy tobacco, like this:

These have a zip and are bags, instead of buying a smaller package buy this one and try the bag, come free with tobacco.

3 Likes

Uhhhh damn… So like I got my replacement bags … already… :open_mouth:

I took a good sniff at these and what’s interesting is that , ever so faintly… I can smell the “wet paint” / plastic smell. It’s so feint this time it doesn’t matter, BUT now I’m wondering if maybe that’s just the normal smell of the bags and some of them just need more time like @MoBilly had mentioned.

That’s quite a gesture on their part to just replace my bags that quickly and take my word for it.

There is a lot to like about using these bags, and the A+ customer service is definitely part of it.

I honestly did not expect them to do this, I really thought the rep would just be like “yeah that should wear off in X time” or “Just clean the outside with a damp cloth” or something like that.

Pretty cool

8 Likes

@MumenRyder
I had an issue with one bag that was on the top of the stack that was sent to me. I didn’t know it leaked until I put buds in it and could smell the weed after two days in the safe. I squeezed the bags until I found the one that was leaking.
I called them and within five days they had sent me a replacement bag + 2 for inconvenience.
Yeah, they have very good customer service. Having said that, I remember one OG’r that had a bad experience with them.

5 Likes

One thing that was a little weird was that I emailed them at info@grovebags.com and got no reply.

I have found that the way to contact them is direct message the rep over at autoflower.net

He is @GroveBags there. Super helpful dude, answered all my questions and got me new bags super fast.

4 Likes

They might just be busy, i have been in contact with them through email just for asking couple of questions and they answered in 5 hours and even gave me discount code.

3 Likes

I just put my order in for these last night… I’m really excited because I’m a lazy burper and get annoyed when you have a big harvest with tons of jars lol

5 Likes

Things I never thought I would ever hear from someone who grows pot.

:laughing:
It’s funny because it’s true!

8 Likes

I long for such problems…

3 Likes

These look so interesting, might have to splurge

3 Likes

Here is my chart from a recent chop.

I generally trim the buds at around 67-68% and then put them in a jar and burp for a day or 2 until I hit my desired low/mid 60s rH. The jar/burp is what you see before the red line. Then I put them in the Grove bags and leave them alone. The 2 blips you see circled are where I dipped into the bag to get enough bud to do a rosin press (still getting lousy yields on my squish).

So you can see how stable it has been over the last month. Impressive. I do seem to get better results if I have the rH in the sweet spot BEFORE bagging though. Then it just stays there.

8 Likes

The graph definitely shows some serious stability :+1: Even after you take buds out, it recovers quickly.

I’m not a rosin expert, but used to press quite a bit. One thing you might try, is putting the buds you plan to squish in jar overnight with a Boveda 75% or 84% RH pack. For some strains I tried this made a noticeable difference. I would press them the next day and yields were better.

Other things you can try are:

• Slightly higher temps (I had luck up to 210 F without any “burnt” taste)
  • Press really slowly. I usually take 5 minutes total press time, adding slightly more pressure every 30 seconds.

Good luck with the presses, and thanks for sharing the data

7 Likes

Thanks for your contribution to the thread @MrWizard .
:pray:
Much appreciated.

3 Likes

i will follow that up in my recent use of them, one ive kinda already moved over to them ditching the jars as its been favorable.

As @MrWizard said i also found getting them into better range before bagging netted better results, as i did try a wet bagging just to see which didn’t got that well as i got some mold, though it was different in amount and spread was less and even the type mold looked different vs say if i had jarred them at that moisture i would of be pulling out a white-grey fuzzy mass.

Have yet to try boveda in junction with the grove bags say for initially helping it a bit more getting into range then removing the bovedas to let the bags do there work.

4 Likes

I think that works well, I ended up doing that with a few ounces.

I accidentally left a boveda pack in my afghan bag for about a month, and it seemed like the smell had noticeably dissipated. The ounce of afghan I had in a jar had a much more intense smell. I removed the boveda pack from the bag, and after a day or two it seemed like the smell came back…

Not exactly sure how to interpret that experience, smell is subjective and hard to guage, but I think I wouldn’t leave the packs in the bags once the desired RH is reached.

EDIT:

Also after a month in the bag, the boveda pack was all “crispy” which normally takes a year or more to happen if I have a boveda in a jar.

4 Likes