Grove Bags.... Has anyone tried them on a cure?

Like @Foreigner said. That’s a good temp for storage. Of course, I’ve got a lot in the freezer but I don’t have room for it all so my locker is in a room that stays just about that 65 range.

5 Likes

Just an update on my Grove experiment.

I’ve got my several 2lb bags in a sealed cooler in the closet. Was in the laundry room but I fixed it so it wasn’t cold anymore. It’s about 65F, but I’d put it somewhere 50-60F if I had a place convenient. The bags essentially fill my cooler, and I have a couple large 58% bovedas in the cooler (not in the bags) to regulate the exterior environment beyond just the “sealed” cooler.

Buds are doing very well, some of them have been in Grove bags around 2 months now, others only a few weeks. I like this much better than jars and worrying about burping.

5 Likes

I keep mine at room temp 65-70 for filling jars, and for longer term storage they’re heat sealed and in a dorm fridge at 45 degrees

3 Likes

Thank you for your input FieldEffect. I’m glad they work for you. I agree. It’s much better than having to burp those jars. lol

1 Like

Testing a smaller grove bag against a jar.

Same plant, ten day dry, four week cure so far.

Visually they’re pretty similar, I’m sure the jarred bud was more purple to begin with.

Both have similar feel and grind with the grove being slightly more soft and gummy.

Smell and taste however paint a completely different picture with the jar cure having a huge increase in gassy/floral terps.

The smell and taste difference I found to me is enough to want to stick to jars.

14 Likes

At the risk of beating a dead horse these are the best for my setup:

I don’t burp and the rubber gasket is a perfect seal. I have very old weed in these jars and it’s still very nice.

Bulky, but my favourite.

9 Likes

Thanks @Yetigrows and @Foreigner. I appreciated the input. I agree about long storage. Those jars would be perfect for that. I just like the convenience on the bags and I as I stated before, my sniffer isn’t all that talented. I guess the surgery they did to remove scar tissue affected that quite a bit. lol

6 Likes

I filled a 1lb grove bag with all the Indiana Bubblegum I got off one outdoor clone. I filled a 12QT tote with it before putting it in my first Grove bag. Will check back in a month with deets

19 Likes

Very pretty buds. I like the color.

3 Likes

Turned out nice with a miracle Oct 19th pull. I’m amazed it finished. Big fat heavy buds :fire:

2 Likes

I would love to grab just one handful. lol

2 Likes

That’s a tub of nice looking buds. I need to grow a monster outside one of these years.

2 Likes

I had a pretty epic year with a lot of smoke and ash but no rain, only half an inch thru Oct 19th last pull. Sometimes climate change works to our advantage even just a little bit. If your a crop that doesn’t have irrigation sorta f*cked tho.

3 Likes

Hoowee that was a nice sight, a bucket of buds haha. Keep up the good work, I will get there someday. My buddy is using Grove bags and he loves them. I think I will try to snag some from him my next grow.

2 Likes

I used them for curing my first grow and they worked great! I was happy to have seen this thread in the planning portion of the grow and I knew I was going to give them a try. The part that really made me nervous wasn’t the grow, but the curing. Didn’t want to screw it up and ruin the months of effort I put in. These bags were a set it and forget it solution and I’d highly recommend.

6 Likes

Thanks @msm187
I appreciate all the input we can get. I’m sold on them myself but I get where it wouldn’t work for some. There are so many ways to get there with a cure. It comes down to preference and what works for each one of us.
:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Do I really need to heat seal them? I don’t have a heat sealer presently.

5 Likes

Not sealing mine working just fine

Personally I love the bags and done with jars

4 Likes

Currently have about 2 ounces of Blueberry CBD in them, with the same amount in jars. 1.5 weeks into cure, will post an update when I get to 4 weeks for comparison.

First time using them, interested to see how they compare to the jars. Nice to pretty much set it and forget it, but the anticipation is killing me.

2 Likes

I don’t seal mine, sold on them too

3 Likes