Grove Bags usage for cannabis storage and curing

I guess that’s why I posted that I was incorrect and the other poster was more on point?

I think the groove bags have a limit in storage time depending on ambient RH. I’m not sure what it actually is but I did notice things getting dryer in groove bags that were not in my dyer machine. I attributed this to the lower RH out side the controled environment of my dryer. The bags breathe both ways. So you really need stable ambient RH between 58/62 for long term storage with groove bags or they will dry out more than anticipated if stored in dryer location. Just what I have noticed.

3 Likes

Edit- I believe this is when you need to add those moisture packs. When you can no longer keep ambient Rh In the area, you’re keeping things stored. Adding a humidity pack to your groove bags would be a wise idea.

1 Like

They work so well for me I just got
more 1lb bags And more qp bags. These are the bees knees people,!!!

6 Likes

Just got 10 more 1/4 pounders. Not that I really needed them now. But $30 for 10 of them had to get them just in case. The only complaint I have is the zipper breaks away from the bag easier than it should.

6 Likes

I too juat grabbed 6 1/4 lb bags. Used 3 of them but got 3 in reserve, lol.

4 Likes

Don’t you have to leave 25% of it empty? I’ve got a need for a few soon. I need some that can hold a OZ and one about an elbow. Going to see what these are all about. My usual is glass jars or mylar bags with a boveda pack.

3 Likes

Bought different sizes but here the quarter pound bags work good on storage amount.

3 Likes

Grove tells you to leave some headroom and air in the bag for this process to work efficiently. I think it’s written on the bag somewhere I’ll look.

It’s not labeled for the 25% headspace . I thought I saw it maybe it was older bags had it and my newer ones do not? Anyway you do need to headspace. Just go bigger on the bags or get more bags. To be honest you will be cramming an oz into one of there oz bags with head space I know lol.

So, you saying a oz bad holds a oz …no need to get a bigger bag as they accounted for this?

Where’s the best place to buy these…Amazon is kinda high these days. I’m in the states. They have a website but thought I’d ask.

1 Like

Check out their website they do better pricing. Amazon has better shipping. You kind of got your options there… I meant the bags run small. Especially when you add in that headspace. Definitely size up.

2 Likes

I’ve only been using them for a little while but I’ve been putting in about half what they’re rated for. I’m only using them for curing so far. After cure I put the last batch in vacuum sealed Mason jars. I just got the vacuum sealer too so I can’t say if it helps or not yet.

4 Likes

I picked up a 10 pack as well. They might become scarce as we advance into harvest season and I have a couple of sizable ladies.

4 Likes

Awsome… let us know if the vacuum sealers worth it. I have just been replacing lids as I labeled them anyway.

1 Like

I’ve never used a grove bag. I’m partial to my glass and my vacuum sealer.

My glassed stuff will last 2 years.
My heat sealed stuff…I dunno, a long time.

The only real benefit to me would be space I suppose.

3 Likes

I use the bags as cure then to jars. But the bags definitely help My busy schedule, etc. During the curing. Gotta get close to 63% before you go into the bags. Generally, better to sweat them one time before you go into the bags in my opinion.

2 Likes

Many ways to do it and to each their own. The idea of grove bags has merit it just doesn’t suit me.

I maintain a bathroom at 62% indefinitely but usually like 10 days then straight to glass. I don’t burp.

I figure since the humidity is perfect the room is like one big jar.

4 Likes

I live with all females… I am the only male lol… Bathroom war was lost many years ago lol…But I do get the best parking spot !!! And to be honest it’s a little like beer out of a bottle!!! It’s just better lol

3 Likes

So, I asked my analog curmudgeon brain what a grove bag is (all i pictured are oranges…in a bag) and it told me to make 2 seconds of effort and do my own research An Interview with Jack Grover of Grove Bags - Growers Network