Grow Journal Forbidden Fruit x Uk Cheese, CSI HUMBOLT

Lost internet for a couple weeks in those weeks these ladies grew! one in particular thats growing nice. #2 ,3 had branches that did a complete 360 twist so weird never seen that before.

so far so good no problems, light feeders only gave them one dose of veg tea and a little cal mag, seems like i got 2 taller girls and 2 shorter ones the #4 is the tallest and the #3 has thinnest leaves out of the 4 prolly sativa dominate. the smells very from day to day from skunkyness to fruity gas.

10 Likes

I’ll be watching. I grow Forbidden Fruit and getting ready to make more fem seeds… Flowering is long, So worth the wait… I’ll throw in a picture at lights on. Going on week 9 of 12/12. Your plants resemble mine almost identical.

2 Likes

I have one finishing up,

This one I’m reversing/selfing.

8 Likes

How long is the flowering time on that girl? i just grew some sativas that took 11 weeks i doubt they go that long tho. but im def ready for them if they do And now that i think of it they’re slow ass veggers too i just realized I’m at week 7 of veg today

1 Like

If you search mad scientist 4th annual solo cup contest. You’ll see my winner that flowered 13 weeks.

1 Like

Madscientist's 4th Annual 16oz Cup Competition 🏁 - #1039 by itza419 Check it out, if I did it right

3 Likes

so dope i know nothing about hydroponics seems like a really cool learning experience! did everyone start with the same cut ? howd that work?

1 Like

I think that it was a 4 week veg, then flip. so many people tried different approaches. I had a blast. I went on to do a manifold solo cup contest next that yielded 3oz. Pretty sure i won that one too. The host was banned and there wasn’t a vote. 16oz Cup Manifold Contest - #528 by itza419 16oz Cup Manifold Contest - #523 by itza419

1 Like

I did have a winter grow indoor where i harvested at 6 weeks flower. I ran extra long dark periods. like 14 dark 10 light. sometimes 15 dark, 9 light. It cuts down on yield a bit, i get bored and try new things. low humidity didn’t seems to phase it while growing in peat soil coco perlite mix with hydro nutes.

1 Like

wait so you ran the same strain 13 weeks then only 6 ? that’s a long time apart the extra hours of dark really make that much of a difference ? ive never tried anything like that before interesting tho.

2 Likes

I actually thought i had accidentally pollinated that plant. After i researched why it had flowered so fast, it turned out being extra long dark periods.

2 Likes

I’m back and have pics of the lady’s in flower they over grew my veg tent when i was away and shit got crazyin a bad way. They were very weak and underfed by the time i got back. then i didnt check my flowering light and for the first two weeks of flower the light was on full blast and now it looks like week 7 at week 3. will post pics real soon maybe someone can help me out and maybe i can get them back to what they’re supposed to look like at this point in flower. last time i leave my grow for more then a week!

2 Likes

Waiting to see photos.

:green_heart: :seedling:

2 Likes

pheno 1 no issues reeking like fresh peeled oranges at week 5 little older then the rest of the gals

2 Likes

pheno 2 same smell and this is the one that had spiraling branches no issues easy going

pheno’s 3 and 4 both fading very fast got the worst if it in first 2 weeks of flower they reek of strawberries and citrus with this weird stale cracker smell the buds seem to be doing fine tho. and this is at day 24 the first pheno is at day 35

5 Likes

soooo nobody knows why this happened? thought i get a little help here :frowning: honestly I forget about og life is moving fast and I also got really bored with this journal so i’m going to just post one last one when its harvest time and if i get at least 5 people interested ill do smoke report. It doesn’t seem like anyone gives a shit on here unless its cookies or bodhi’s work. or maybe im just a noob that no one cares about but anyways later og

2 Likes

, what kind of nutrients/setup would help get a better picture of what’s going on are you using just found your journal would be interested in smoke report/update much love and happy growing @myco_matchick also posting too CSI Humboldt Seeds might get you some buzz around your log

2 Likes

I feel you on the lack of interest. Don’t take it personally though. A lot of ppl on here, lot’s going on. It’s difficult to get ppl interested in your thread (unless you give away seeds for free :joy:). I get a few likes here and there but a lot of ppl just like to view threads but don’t participate.

Did you ever figure out your issue? The transition to flower and first few weeks are a critical time. Your soil was most likely deficient in nitrogen or calcium maybe. Those leaves look typical of a nitrogen fade to me but I’m also just learning. At times like these I like to take Jeremy’s advice (from build a soil). He recommends making a cocktail of different amendments and watering it in. You could top dress, add worm castings and then feed with a tea made with extra nitrogen (amino acids) and a source of calcium like water soluble gypsum, some aloe and maybe coconut powder. That might cover all your bases. OR something like a liquid fish product which has a bunch of nutrients. Go slow and watch the plants to see what happens. You can also foliar feed with water soluble nitrogen and calcium to attack the issue right away.

Anyway, I’d be interested to see how these turn out as I have both strains on deck for future grows. Don’t give up. Hang out in other threads, make friends, trade genetics and you’ll see gather more of an audience.

1 Like

thanks for the interest and yeah i dont take it personal at all. and yeah i did figure it out. they were root bound when i put them in flower, should of put em in a 7 gal. right when i noticed the fade i added worm casted and some bloom amendments and then recharge and molasses every other watering, the two taller plants kept fading and the other 2 smaller ones never had a problem cause i don’t think they’re roots were big enough to reach the end of the pot. so just had the fading issues with the larger ones and ill post pics in a second here

2 Likes

Glad your sorted it out. It’s always good to learn about these issues so thanks for the response.

Keep the thread updated bc I’d love to see how they turn out for you.

2 Likes