Grow Log: Manifold/Mainline

Those are looking text book! Not too much longer!

1 Like

Not going to bother with a picture today but I’ll give a small update:

1. The Cotton Candy is doing amazing. I’m really impressed with this strain so far even though I’m just in veg. It has responded well to training, potting up, and topping. Shout out to Predicative Breeding for these seeds.

2. Raptors OG: Overall it is doing pretty good but it gets stressed out from me looking at it the wrong way. It’s very sensitive to over/under watering as well as training and topping. Training is all done, so, as long as I’m cautious with my watering habits I think it will come through for me. Then again maybe it will herm on me and get thrown out the window :slight_smile:

1 Like

Predicative Breeding peaked my interest when I saw “sick of hermies?.. we stress test”
:+1:

That protocol needs to be adapted universally!

Cheers
G

5 Likes

Heard a few interviews with this guy. He’s changing the name of the company to Pure Breeding I believe. Still same good sense of testing and everything… really need to do your homework with the breeders these days. This guy seems legit for sure!

2 Likes

@NorthNorthNugs Interesting! Where have you heard their interviews? I’ll have to check up on that. I talked to the breeder on Instagram a few times. He seems like a really good dude👍

@Gpaw Absolutely!

1 Like

A podcast called Growcast. He’s been on a few times, and yes I agree, seems like a stand up guy.

2 Likes

I’ve been noticing my plants tend to droop a few hours before the lights go out. It had me a bit worried so I did some digging and apparently it’s actually a natural thing.

Nastic Movements or Nyctinasty. Anyone heard of this?

The rest of the time they look perfect.

1 Like

Sounds like you are hitting the Daily light interval…

Mr Sparkles did a write-up on it a while back

Cheers
G

4 Likes

I will have to try that next time from seed
When I get clones I usually don’t top but these 3 are out of the 5 im about to put in 5 gallon fabric an start first scrog next 10 days will flip into sec scrog

1 Like

Another Update:

Today is the last day of the veg lighting cycle. I forgot to take a before picture but I removed a lot of the interior leaves, and anything lower down that was in the shade.

These are all about 12" tall from the surface of the soil but that doesn’t include the horizontal growth from training. My best guess it they’ll be about 3’ tall after the stretch, if they double in size.

Gave them a good watering today and adjusted the pH to 6.65 and will be doing that for the rest of the grow.

Also, I noticed this on two of the fan leaves. It shouldn’t be pests, if anything it’s probably pH related since I wasn’t adjusting the water prior to today. Does anyone recognize it?

3 Likes

Ive never tried a scrog but it’s an interesting technique. There is a guy “NorthernScrogger” on Instagram that shares a lot of his technique/experience if you’re interested. I don’t know him but he’s very informative.

Instagram: NorthernScrogger

I’ve been playing with it for yrs its really beneficial.

1 Like

Depending on my harvest this time around I might give the ScROG a shot next.

Aiming for 8-10oz on these 3, total. I got 12oz off of 6 autos last grow. Pretty good for my first crack at autoflowers lol

1 Like

Looking for some input on these leaves. Early signs of deficiency, pH, pests? What do you guys think?

NOTE: Keep in mind, prior to flipping over to flower I was not adjusting the pH of my water. It usually sits around 7.5 from the tap. IMO the discoloration is due to that but I wanted to hear some other opinions. Maybe I’m overlooking something.

1 Like

Would guess a ph lockout on something, not very bad yet but you should pay attention to runoff ph and adjust accordingly @anon84307778

3 Likes

Is that yours?!? :eyes::eyes:

1 Like

A good friend’s. He did nearly all the work himself! Has less than $9,000 US in it after adding the rims and tires. Barn find, upper Midwest USA.

3 Likes

Numbers don’t match.

1 Like

A good friend of mine’s grandfather had a mint condition 64’ and literally gave it away bcuz it took up space in his garage. He didn’t realize what he had. Hurts just thinking about it lol

I hear you!!! Have similar experiences in my family, particularly a ‘67 GTO…

1 Like