Grower looking for immigration

AKA “the race to the bottom”. :neutral_face:

:v:

:evergreen_tree:

No, commercial legal cannabis growing is all about paperwork…

Doesn’t affect their bottom line if they grow junk - one of the only games in town - government is the buyer and is understocked. What matters is keeping insurance company and health canada happy…

So its all about paper saying you know something, paperwork saying this is how we produced this. And paperwork to the government.

Same as a lot of farms growing any product - its paperwork not farming that makes money.

2 Likes

before you start looking at getting into the Cannabis Business in either the US or Canada, you should start by looking at what actually takes to immigrate to either one…

That’s just sad. I have a clean record, for sure, and I rarely smoke myself so my piss can be clean in somewhat a month. But this is all irrelevant since market is already clogged with sharks. I have one advantage - I know how to grow big tasty buds, that’s what I do, and I can do it without any special and pricy equipment whatsoever. Guess I’m going to buy-in after all. Nothing big at the start, but I am very creative and I can build a whole culture around my business.

1 Like

Too true. College education is full blown scam nowadays, when you can get skills anytime everytime you’re online with direct practice. My buds is stellar, take my word for it, I’ve been smoking with whole lot of different people all across my country and I heard praises a bit too often. I just really love the plant, and it gives back.

1 Like

I don’t get your reference, please elaborate.

1 Like

I solved that alredy.

Yeah I know that. I will face no problem with the quality of the product or growing process, I am already wearing clean lab coat in my growspace all the time. It’s all worked out throughout the years. They want it organic? Great, I am switching to my old soil-mycorrhiza solution. They don’t mind hydro? RDWC it is. Whatever they want, I can do it. I just want them to let me do it.

2 Likes

:nerd: There’s always someone willing to do it for less. Mexico, China, Somalia… :chart_with_downwards_trend:

1 Like

How is it bad for anyone? It’s competition. I learned my trade the hard way. You can do up 20 years of time here if you’re caught growing cannabis. It’s inadequate. I’am living in a shithole, such shithole that you wouldn’t even be able to imagine how exactly bad it is. It’s really bad. And all I want is to just move to fine functioning society to have kids with my wife. My main profession won’t support me there (it’s only good in here), so I’am determined to grow cannabis.

Any help and advice would be much aprecciated.

2 Likes

My sympathies & apologies for seeming … “unwelcoming”.

I’m in the US & see basically no future Cannabis industry(long term), just my forecast.

:v:

2 Likes

It’s all good, no need to apologize. Canada is too bloody cold anyway, so I’m inclined towards US.

2 Likes

If you are doing ok in your country it’s probabally better to wait…maybe get involved in the legalization effort and build an investor Network so you can jump on it. If you are set on the US…probabally better to come here with a job you can make a living at and do the Canna on the grey…you’d probabally hate everything about the business by the time you went legit

2 Likes

Thx for detailed reply! I’am doing OK in my country for sure, but it’s a shithole. Place is trashed, govt is corrupt, people are insane. There is absolutely no way for legalization here. As for the job that can make a living - I am quite skilled with my hands, plumbing, carpenting, electrics, building houses, small repairs - you name it. I just really hate to work the usual 5/2 schedule, it’s not my thing.

As for the greyish businesses - I am too tired of my paranoia already, and if they get me caught, they will deport me straight back to shithole. Not acceptable.

I can teach novice grovers how to do it, no matter how unskilled they are, if there is money in it. Guess I’ll need to wait until some new country, not very connected to US (which one is that nowadays lol) legalizes and start there. I have some thinking to do.

3 Likes

That’s pretty standard everywhere…

4 Likes

Yeah for a second i thought he was talking about my country…lols.

4 Likes

This is a common misconception. There are parts of Canada that have a much better climate than many of the Northern States.

1 Like

Our climate protects us from thin skinned wannabe’s our wannabes wear shorts lol. Immigration to Canada is difficult unless you rightfully claim refugee status after you get here. even then, its an uphill battle, because of so many refugees. Even 2 provinces are trying to get refugee status from the rest of Canada right now, so its a long wait LOL. College degree or preferably University degree to get into a legal cannabis job that pays more than 16 bucks an hour, is the norm. Saw an analytical chemist position available for a first nations run dispensary…24 bucks an hour for a min. BSD … AS if 24 bucks an hour for a quasi-legal cannabis business? Straight up legal LP must be paying 18 bucks for the same LOL Fuck up after fuck up in our legal industry, but ya 4 plants legal I’ll take it…

3 Likes

Useless fact for the day The southern tip of Canada (Point pelee) is further south than the northern border of California!

4 Likes