Growing Trees with Meesh 2021

I love my morning coffee stroll through my garden, especially now as the plants smell heavenly. The middle plants are almost to the 3rd trellis layer now and more importantly the bottom branches are getting ready to pop through the first layer. The Orange Goji and Iced Cube are starting to settle in to the ground now and have already greened up considerably in even the last few days.

A bit of a glare, but Garlic here.

Iced Cube

20 Likes

Man, I’ll take heat over humidity any day. We are at like 65% right now. I realize it’s worse in the South, but this feels so gross right now. Swampy. Heading off to a clients where they have A/C and a huge fan pointing at my desk.

8 Likes

Cannabis looks mostly the same so I’ll flower bomb you this morning. I threw a bunch of wildflower seeds down in spring hoping for a field. Instead I got wildflower clumps. Here’s a few that came up so far.

Fairy lilies

@Herbie my burros tail

The mama to yours. This one looks like crap although it did flower a bit this year which was cool

Hydrangea

Verbena from seed

First Wizard of Oz Dahlia of the year starting to open

Have a great day everyone!

21 Likes

I showed my wife, she’s now a fan of your thread.

She loves flowers…

4 Likes

That’s awesome! I haven’t posted over there in awhile but you should let her browse over in my garden thread. Tons of my flowers over there. Think it’s called Welcome to Meeshs Garden in Outdoor category

3 Likes

Will do!

Thanks!

I post pics of flowers and the like in my thread as well, please drop in!

1 Like

I lolled, our humidity yearly:

6 Likes

Damn! Sticky! Where are you located?

3 Likes

In the south…of Africa. Same place as that SunValley guy just on the coast where its hot and humid.

6 Likes

So, I have an annual breathing test for my asthma. Some of you who followed my grow last year will remember when I was diagnosed with sleep apnea and got my CPAP. Well the guy who does my breathing test is the reason I ever got tested for it and the reason I ever figured out that I might have it. Today was my annual test and I finally got to thank him as he most likely saved my life and added years to it. Not only that but the sleep machine was life changing. About 9 months later and I still get emotional when I talk about it. That’s how huge it was for me. It felt so good to express my deepest gratitude to him. He was very surprised and gracious.

12 Likes

I would recommend finding and buying a spare mask, mine finally broke enough to have to buy another one and it was a stressful sleepless few days for me tracking one down to buy.

4 Likes

Funny you should mention that… my insurance covers a new one every 6 months and the tubes and filters every 3 months. Just ordered a new one not even 10 minutes ago. The tube is the biggest spare as tape won’t work if it springs a leak.

4 Likes

Yeh duct tape works, just makes the tube stiff haha. I repaired two splits in the same hose, and on the third went and bought one after I found a replacement. Goddamned expensive.

Is that with health insurance? That would be totally worth signing up for.

Huge coincidence about you ordering probably while I was typing.

3 Likes

Yeah, my health insurance covers it, thank dog! Medical equipment is so damn expensive!

That hose probably still leaked more than you thought. Good that you got a new one. The one I have now is still fine, so I’m gonna keep it in case something happens.

2 Likes

I bought a different type at my nearest chemist after the first split but it was horrible and non adjustable and gave me a terrible sore nose to wake up with. Of course they don’t make them with a replaceable hose, that would make things cheaper.

3 Likes

The guy told me today that there are literally hundreds of different types of masks you can get. OMG! Poor thing you had to be stuck with whatever you could find. I feel for you!

Edit: My insurance made me go get fitted and all that for masks and such when I first got it. The first mask didn’t work for me, I’m on the second type I tried and it’s great. Luckily, I go through one company for everything and they have all of my equipment on file so all I have to do is call for parts and they know what type to send me.

1 Like

I tried out 5 types of the nasal pillow ones before finding the one that was comfortable.

It’s amazing how many things get affected by lack of sleep that you don’t realise untill you have slept solid for a couple weeks.

3 Likes

I had the nasal pillows first, but sleep on my side and stomach and it would shift around too much, leak and rubbed my nostrils raw. I went back and got the nasal mask, I like it so much better.

It’s life changing and you really don’t have a clue until after you are “cured”. Totally agree 1000%

4 Likes

Looking back, I swear, I think I had it for 20+ years. It was really bad and I just thought that was normal life. Knowing what I know now it was a fucking horrible existence that I never want to go back to.

3 Likes

I can’t use a nasal pillow. My girlfriend can get away with it, but I need to strap on a full mask otherwise I’ll knock it off my face while sleeping.

We attended a music festival this past weekend. We couldn’t camp out since there was no electricity to plug into. The weather ended up being less than perfect so we were glad we stayed in a nearby hotel. Maybe my body is telling me I’m too old to camp now!

We had our power go out a few weeks back. It started at 5pm and when it wasn’t back by 10pm we started to worry about not using the masks to sleep. Fortunately it came back shortly thereafter.

2 Likes