Growing Trees with Meesh 2021

Dad’s taking down some Garlic now… says he can really smell it. Says it smells like garlic and paint. lol. I smell lemon lime

10 Likes

It is strange how that works. Wife always wrinkles her nose and says stinks without much qualification. I can pick up all kinds of crazy notes in the taste/smell of good stuff. And when you are surrounded by it you get nose blind. Right now is not a good time to shop. :wink:

5 Likes

Sounds like a busy day is ahead for u guys, that sux about the rot hopefully u get a good amount off the remaining plants, The garlic sounds yummy I’m a big fan of garlic love roasting a full head of garlic and spreading on bread so yummy, can’t wait for the smoke reports once they are all cured

8 Likes

This is very representative of the bulk of the Orange Goji. Nice solid buds. Nice haul actually.

The Panama Garlic Haze is not faring as well. Very loose bud structure, riddled with rot. We salvaged very little from what we pulled from the top colas. It will probably yield less than the Orange Goji that’s half it’s size. The smell is very intriguing. The man and I smell lemon lime and a heavy solvent. Dad smells house paint. Dad’s sniffer isn’t even close to as good as mine, so solvent is more accurate. That solvent like smell resembles the Garlic of it’s name. I can tell why they called it that. It can not be dry fast enough in my opinion as I’ve been interested in this strain from the moment I received the seeds. After the most interesting smells, I really need to smoke this bitch. lol

16 Likes

@SamwellBB zoom in on this pic of Dad’s jar of curing PWC. Look at how frosty and sticky it is…

19 Likes

That’s still a donkey dick size bud from the orange goji nicely done

4 Likes

So the mix of freshly trimmed Orange Goji and garlic haze smells like cat piss. The whole house reeks.

On another note, it took me all summer to dial it in but the Russian sage likes to be watered about every third time in the container from my other plants.

11 Likes

5:30 again. Sigh. Dad’s chopping the rest of the Garlic. I did set-up. Boy, I don’t know how you morning people do it. I had 8 hours of sleep and 5 am still feels incredibly unnatural and I feel out of it. Earliest I ever get up with an alarm is 7 on my busiest days. This is brutal and I bitch every time.

Ended up going to one of our local fairs at the beach yesterday with the man for a few hours after trimming. Had some overpriced pizza and window shopped. it was like 85 degrees out and beautiful. They had a free shuttle, super convenient. There were people everywhere. No one wearing a mask. Normally I don’t trip on it outside but too many people and crowds. The man and I despite being vaccinated wore ours. People seemed to forget about social distancing. Whether or not kids are less likely to get sick from Covid or not, there were a jillion kids running wild unprotected. Kids are complete germ bags and make me most nervous when it comes to illness.

9 Likes

I up potted my chives and harvested and dried some :slight_smile: Pizza is a meal at least once a week around here. But we usually make our own or doctor one up.

The masks thing goes up and down around here.

3 Likes

Mine look great! I snatch chives off and eat them when I walk by, but also cut them fresh for garnish and such.

5 Likes

Homemade pizza is the best! We didn’t mind paying for the overpriced stuff at the fair as it was a local fair and that booth was by the cute little cub scouts. One of their local troops.

6 Likes

I hope you like it :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Here’s what the garlic looks like. Dad did a pretrim on the plant yesterday. Found 4 damn caterpillars on it. Ugh. This one is harder to trim than yesterday’s orange Goji. It’s gonna take a bit longer today. By Tuesday all the plants will be down and the man and I are running off for a few days away for his 50th birthday. I’ll be glad to be done with it.

13 Likes

I already love it and I haven’t even tried it yet. I can just tell by the smell that it’s right up my alley. One note though, this strain is not mold resistant in any way. I’m gonna lose quite a bit of this huge plant.

8 Likes

sorry to hear that - I haven’t had any issues with mold here, but I will take note of that!

2 Likes

I had thought because of the looser bud structure that it would hold up more than the dense buds, but it was quite the opposite. It seems to spread easier in the looser structure

4 Likes

that sucks, the plants I grew had tight nugs, there must be a loose and tight pheno. I hate when you think you are going to get big thick buds and you end up with broom straw

4 Likes

I became a morning person for work my alarm goes off at 4:20am during the week :wink:, it’s so peaceful that time of day I’ve grown to truly enjoy it, now I just wake up early no matter wat 7am is sleeping in for me

Also glad u wore ur mask at the fair, my job has had 10 plus ppl fully vaccinated test positive in the last 3 weeks for COVID-19. One outbreak happen at a company gold thing 11ppl tested positive, only one at our facility that went tested positive that quickly spread in a matter of a cpl days.

4 Likes

I don’t know if you recall, but this was the first to show female and I waited and waited because I liked the look of the other 2 better. Different pheno. They both turned out to be male though. That’s okay though. I’m still excited to try this strain! The hairs on the buds are so dark it was tricky to distinguish some of the rot from the dark hairs. I truly hope we got all the rot out and the dry and cure goes well. No matter what happens though, I’m certain Ill be able to salvage enough to smoke out with. We finished with the trim and it’s all in the drying rack now. We got more than the Orange Goji in volume, but it will be much less in weight. If all goes well from here, I’ll still have plenty for the year. Quite honestly, I have 9 different strains and I personally probably only go through 12 ozs a year myself. So just a little over an ounce per plant I grow. Dad is probably the same and the man goes through at least double that. Out of 9 plants that still leaves a lot to give away and a surplus of weed. So, I’m not worried if in the end I only get a premium ounce or so of Garlic. If for some strange reason, I ended up with only an ounce, I have grower’s rights.

10 Likes

Growers rights absolutely :sunglasses:

4 Likes