Growroom glasses

I went with a cheaper HPS version that aren’t clip-on but if I had the spare coin i’d have bought the Method Sevens :v:

2 Likes

I had the cheap lumii glasses for hps but they just blue coloured plastic to offset the yellow , I don’t think they have any protection , like method seven has , why I took the plunge when I changed to led , the led seam way more harsher / damaging on the eyes

2 Likes

Same except Smiths, the tints aren’t always perfect but I do fine with good quality polarized sports sunglasses with a brimmed cap under my QBs

2 Likes

Do these glasses actually filter out the light in a way that lets you see their actual coloring under leds?

2 Likes

Depending on what you want to spend hydrospec glasses they’ll make prescription with a built in magnifying section .

I lucked out a few years back and met the sales rep at a weed show in San Francisco.

Emailed him my prescription and within a couple weeks had 2 pair one for hps the other for led .

So much nicer than clip on sun glasses .

4 Likes

That’s how I understand it… and the reasoning behind the various options dependant upon lighting style.

I need readers to see my phone clearly, to read a letter, see on the laptop etc. The prescriptions… not so much, to the point I haven’t seen them in a year. But I have noticed recently roadsigns being blurry. Time for new glasses.

The clip on style will suffice for now… maybe if I feel like a blind man who can see again ill opt for prescription to be added but I’m not there yet.

Iv spent so much this past year updating my grow gear that a $400 (guessing) growroom glasses order just is not in the budget/priority.

My bday is this coming Saturday, ordered method seven last night. I’ll update with my thoughts…

3 Likes

Got ya no idea the price they were a gift but your probably not too far off with your guess .
I like the idea I’ve got a back up pair of specs if something was to happen to my normal glasses I could still get by with my shades.

1 Like

I don’t know anything about blurples, but I get fine color rendition under my B and R Spec QBs. It really depends on the lens tint you get, I usually prefer a neutral brown or grey and those are very color accurate, my favorites are usually fishing or glacier glasses since they have huge full wraps, polarized lenses, and accurate color rendition. If I needed more glasses today for the grow room I’d get some discount Smiths, Optic Nerve, Julbo, or other good brands on clearance at Sierra Trading Post or the like. My favorite lens when I can get it cheap is probably the Smith ChromaPop Grey-Green, which is their most accurate lens. For something I see on sale right now at a good price there’s these:

https://www.sierra.com/smith-optics-attack-mag-mtb-sunglasses-chromapop-polarized-lenses-for-men-and-women~p~1grwf/?filterString=mens-sunglasses~d~9811%2Fcosta~b~3575%2C15097%2C1526%2C33711%2C2993%2C5470%2C1950%2F&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod1GRWF

https://www.sierra.com/smith-optics-outback-sunglasses-polarized-for-men~p~1grvh/?filterString=mens-sunglasses~d~9811%2Fcosta~b~3575%2C15097%2C1526%2C33711%2C2993%2C5470%2C1950%2F&merch=prod-rec-prod-prod1GRVH

2 Likes

Nice thing about Smith especially and a lot of these other American sports optics companies like Zeal is that they have good prescription programs that you can often get covered under insurance :wink:

If I wore prescription glasses and was gonna spend out today on a new pair of sunnies for every day and the grow room both I’d go for these, which come in every lens and frame combo and also standard, small, and XL face fits.

1 Like

Out of likes @Dirt_Wizard sorry…

Some good input there, I’ll keep in mind for the future.

I’ll be needing an eye test here shortly and the woman I usually deal with is gonna be intrigued when I start talking about prescription growroom glasses…

1 Like

One low-cost option vs clip-ons or prescription sunnies is overshields, they give great coverage and protection:

1 Like

Happy 61st to me…

Daughter handed me these this morning. Went with the Method Seven FX series clip on for full spectrum LED. $55 from Amazon, with a $50 off code if I choose to get a pair of script glasses with their technology. Pretty cool…

Quick trial run… the pics they share seems exaggerated with the difference and clarity… or is it my old eyes? Either way, a solid improvement from their entry level offerings… I’m happy.

Then she handed me a bud of Fruity Pebbles she picked up the other day. We started my day with a strain we hadn’t had before… and it was goood…

Gonna be a good day…

6 Likes

What a good gift with that prescription coupon, smart marketing there! Glad she’s onboard with keeping Dad at peak performance in the growroom

1 Like

Started LED’s last year, and after getting my bud room light setup, had to get glasses, as I could tell my eyes were definitely affected. Bought a pair of Method 7’s, and boy what a difference it made. It’s imperative that one keeps their eye protected with all the different light manufacturers and all the different spectrums that they produce.
Glad to see your getting the eye protection that I feel is a necessity now in grow rooms @GCBudz.

1 Like