Grumpy old bastards tester run

Nice! I also got his OJ testers. I’m only going to pop half the pack at a time due to limited space and other testers I’m trying to just knock out.

2 Likes

I wanted to grab some but didnt, i figured i couldnt run them for awhile with upcoming trips planned. Way its going lol Might be buying my stash

1 Like

That OJ is going to be a monster yielder… prepare for it!!

9 Likes

I’m ready lol.

Update time. Well the 10th seed never did pop. So I do what I normally do, I put it in a random solo cup on the table and see what if anything happens.
The 9 that are up are all healthy and a bit leggy but that’s because I have the TS 1000 at a fixed height in the veg space.
Out of the 9 there is one runt who hasn’t done much of anything since it showed above the medium.

The center container in the last pic is the runt. As long as it’s got a will to grow so be it.
That’s it for this weeks update. I’ll catch y’all next week.

7 Likes

Oh for what it matters I’m using the same 75% coco/25% perlite blend I’ve been using all year. Using GH maxi grow/bloom as nutes. The seedlings got their first dose of nutes today.
1.5 g maxi grow
3ml cali-magic
1.5ml pH down
EC is between 1.2 and 1.5

2 Likes

I’m a bit late with this week’s update. IRL has been busy to say the least.
Well, better late than never.
This weeks update has the OJ moving along nicely. I up potted 4 of the 9 on Thursday to their 1gal finishing home. The other 5 are a bit behind the first 4 but that’s ok they are getting moved into 3 gallon pots when the time is right.
Group shot of the babies.

Oh, the back right plant is an Everyday Haze that had been treated harshly it’s doing better now.
Now even though thing have gone smoothly I did have one plant that tried terminating it’s own growth tip. Instead of the leaves separating when it grew out from the node they grew together and I had to separate them to let it keep living

Now it’s got a bit of funky growth but seems to be coming around nicely.
Even the runt of the bunch has finally started growing more. I suspect that it was a bit too damp. Put it into a quart container instead of the solo cup it was in and it picked right up.
Well that’s it for this update.
Thanks all for tagging along and have a good day.

7 Likes

Time for this weeks update.
These are some of the most vigorous growing plants I’ve ever ran.
Thanks @GrumpyOldBastards for letting me run these
I’m going to be putting 5 of the 9 in flower in the next day or so so I can uppot the remaining 4 into 3 gallon fabric bags and let them veg a bit more.

Will update with close-ups of them when I transfer them around in the next few days.
I topped one and spread the remaining branches our to make more nodes.
The slightly mutant one

It’s wild that when the top got caught up that it grew out a new new top from what was originally a side branch. I lst’d it down to let the weird branches a chance to grow.
Well thanks for stopping by and enjoy your day or night as it may be.

8 Likes

out of curiosity, when will some of these seeds be available? has @GrumpyOldBastards determined or made a statement? I did not sign up for the test because of time restrictions, but I would like to have some to run this summer if possible?

regards,

4 Likes

I haven’t heard anything about that. Sorry wish I could help with that.

1 Like

he has seeds for sale, he has a website when he sent me the testers thing(which sadly i declined as we have these out of state trips made and making) there was a link to the webpage.

Also I liked his beans, sounded like good crosses, later i intend ot buy some

3 Likes

Here’s the pics of the plants.
First 3 of 9 are in flower as of yesterday. (Ran out of room) cause 4 of the plants turned bushy and the taller ones needed head room so off to flower they went.

They will get the same feed as everything else. 3.5grams maxi bloom for a total ec of 1.5 (1.0 above baseline)
Everything else in flower seems to love it.
Now to the ones kept back in flower. 4 of them are in 3 gallon fabric bags and receiving lst of the branches and 3 are topped to increase tops for when I go to flower them.
First one au natural

These 2 have been topped.

Up third is the little mutant that tried killing itself with the stuck together fan leaves.

One of the tops that was caught up.

The other 2 are the smaller ones of the pack they are behind the others by a bit.
First one has received only lst bent it at a 90deg to see how it does

And the last one started off as the true runt of the pack it’s finally off to the races along with all the others. Sorry I forgot to get a pic of it.
I’ve noticed 2 distinct growth patterns so far, some of them have larger node spacing than the others. And the ones I’m really interested in are the short, squat, ones. Nice tight node spacing and they just bush out before you even think of training it that way.i really wish I could have ran outdoors this year for sure one of these would’ve been in the mix for sure. I’d love to see how they do outside.
Thanks for stopping in and have a happy growing day.

7 Likes

I’m late to the party but I’m here. Looks like your plants are doing great. I am going to stick around here, it sure looks like something I might be interested in. Grow on my friend

4 Likes

Quick update on one of the early to go to flowering closet. It turned out male so off with it’s head this morning being as they are testers with no instructions other than run em and post em up so I’m going with common etiquette from what I’ve read here. Kill males and take no clones and grow em to the best of my ability with what I have to work with.

That was the male that left us today.
Also I’ve been stressing a couple of them to see how they respond. I learned that lst is a method of training they love and respond very well to. I roughed a couple of branches on one up and they almost instantaneously bruised. Never had one bruise that quick.
Well that’s all for right now thanks for looking and have a Stony day or night…

3 Likes