Guess I'll do some growing and showing

Hello all!

Getting ready for the fall crop. I take summer off but I do have a couple outdoor plants going. May show those here as well if there is interest.

I popped 4 TK 5150 x Sweet 16 from the nspecta CSI Humboldt.

and away… we … go!!

26 Likes

I normally would not do this but I am leaving town for a week so I had to get the plants into a place that has automatic watering.

Not pictured but I also planted a bunch of newly rooted clones from my ZOZ keeper from Dying Breed.

I cut the bottoms off the solo cups and nestled them in around the transplant, hoping it will serve as a barrier against the inevitable hungry ass pillbugs.

6 Likes

The babies are still alive. I’ll post an updated pic tonight or tomorrow.

Here are my outdoor ladies (Bodhi’s Divine Intervention):

11 Likes

Always wondered why seedlings are so leggy on peat pucks icon_e_confused|nullxnull, changed to coco fiber ones and same thing happened. Yours going fine, good thing they didn’t miss you … beer3|nullxnull

1 Like

I definitely didn’t do myself any favors by waiting an extra day to transplant and get them under better light either but we are alive!

1 Like

I was gone for 7 days and I lost two seedlings, I think it was because the root systems weren’t able to reach out for water in time

2 Likes

Okay, got the beer trap setup for the F(*&#$ pill bugs. Also (not pictured) I added another bluemat carrot with 4 drippers in a circle in the middle. Last time I grew, i left the entire middle open and really liked it for various reasons. Mainly, Its hard to get to the middle plants and trim, and also its great for training the plants that really stretch too much (i can train them towards the middle and fill that gap up). I also like the thought of top dressing like crazy in the middle and letting all the plants roots grow towards the middle for food. It really worked last time so I’m going even harder on it this time.

Left to right:
TOP: Rainbow SSOG S1 (smellboat), Notso LA Kush x Chem D (CSI), 5150tk x sweet 16 seedling (x2)(CSI)
BOTTOM: all ZOZ (OZ Kush bx by dying breed)

7 Likes

Mixed up some dry amendments - kelp, soft rock phosphate, volcanic rock dust, aragonite, worm castings, fish meal. Watered in with 3 gallons of rootwise mycrobe complete and a wetting agent.

Also, the beer trap is 100% the way to deal with pill bugs. 100%.

5 Likes

little baby update. we’ll be off to the races in no time.

6 Likes

How do you like those drip lines? Ive tried out the traditional drip heads and those were decent

can’t imagine not having it now

1 Like

Nice man how many total plants do you flower in that bed?

1 Like

Between 8 and 12!

1 Like

Here’s the babies

Zoz

4 Likes

Looking nice! Those ZOZ are filling out nicely.
I really like the structure on those seedlings. They look like theyre about to take off.

Any plans to top them?

2 Likes

I would like to, but since I don’t know how they are going to grow, I probably won’t. The zoz are big stretchers.

2 Likes

Fair enough. That one on the left has some serious lower nodes. Always love to see them that hearty

1 Like

really starting to pop off, will be the good times in no time!

tk 5150 x sweet 16

5 Likes

3 Likes

labor day weekend update :smiley:

TK 5150 x Sweet 16 from CSI Humboldt

Top row is my ZOZ selection from Dying Breed (which is an OZK bx)
Bottom right is my second run of two selections I really liked; they are Notso Headband x Chem D from CSI Humboldt as well as Rainbow SSOG from Smellboat.

3 Likes