Guess who's breeding?! This girl!

Yep, My Father is the master of “Useless Knowledge”

I remember when Burger King had some Triva scratch off, way back when. The prizes were menu items. My Dad ended up feeding all four of us by just getting all of the scratch off’s correct… :rofl:

Besides the useless knowledge I just wanted to point out that Mr. Whipple obviously squeezed the charmin :wink:

Looks like we have a few things in common actually.
MSDT diversflag-emoji since 2004. :call_me_hand:

6 Likes

Congrats on your 1st seeds!!!

Another take on collecting seeds, especially when you have fully seeded buds…

First I let the seeded buds dry until they are totally bone/dust dry.

Then I break the buds up as well as I can with my fingers into a kitchen sieve set up over a sheet of parchment. Then I shake the sieve and rub the plant matter through the sieve until there is nothing but seeds left.

The finely powdered buds can be rolled into joints, dry sieved for keif, solvent extracted, made into edibles, or just composted.

:robot:

7 Likes

I plan to smoke them and see what happens. I expect lots of popping.

4 Likes

:rofl:

@Maddawg

OWSI diversflag-emoji since 2017

With a little luck, MSDT within the next year… :slight_smile:

:rofl: well. OBVIOUSLY! But he didn’t want anybody else squeezin his “charmin” LOL

3 Likes

I tapped the limbs to catch any seeds before they fell. Only the doc og limb had seeds ready to drop. For the time being they are in a open tin, put in a dark area

26 seeds so far!

@Nagel420 I didn’t start squeezing them yet but will mahaha

10 Likes

This is what I’ve collected so far. The mixed seeds are what fell out of the rest of the plant. I thought I was so careful lol I haven’t cut the limbs off yet, been gently tapping them off daily

15 Likes

Yo Lonely, do you think a F2 or a backcross (bx?) is more fun/productive for a new hobbyist?

I ran some autoregs, popped two seeds that ended up MF, and just gave them a whole tent. So I’ve got a million seeds. I’m trying to decide between popping ten of my new generation or five of mine and five originals to create my next breeding pair. What are the pros cons of each?

I’m super space limited and mostly doing this as a proof of concept/it’s fun to have a million seeds. Thanks homie!

2 Likes

Hi, it depends what you are after. In photo regs I think popping F2s are alot more fun because you can find that uber unique plant and keep it as a mother. But that’s not really something you can do with Autos. I guess that makes backcrossing hard aswell. Since I’ve been a care taker, keeping good medical mothers have been my primary focus. I havnt run a whole lot of autos tbh and I’ve definitely not been breeding with them.

Your options seems to me is to select for traits you like and continue down the line or outcross it with something crazy. You can save pollen from a good male in the freezer and if you get a awesome female plant you want to outcross to, paint some buds with the pollen with a paintbrush. Just have fun with it!

Pz :v:t2:

3 Likes

Congrats on the seeds! I’ve noticed out of 3 plants I have from the same strain, one wasn’t very frosty compared to the other two. I’m still new, but I’m guessing the different phenos frost differently, so it’s just a genetic thing

1 Like

With a thread title like this :joy: there’s sure to be some genetic material being thrown around :rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

I would say run the F1’s to pick your next pair, move towards something new…

Unless you are trying to turn an awesome auto-fem into an auto-reg, in which case select a male from the next gen that is closest to the mother for the traits you care about and cross back to the auto-fem parent’s sibling (a new bean from the original pack)…

:robot:

2 Likes

@Dalorean Tyrannibis Rex?! I’ve grown two, the first one was small but the bud was really dense, strong an smelled of diesel. This plant the bud is basically fluff, with a kinda fruity smell. It’s wild how different they were lol

@Maddawg one of the seeds sprouted! Seed test kinda a success so far!

This is one of the doc og cross seeds. I popped six of those, six of the mixed an only one each of the other two because I collected such a small amount

So far I’ve learned to use the recommended way of pollinating with a paintbrush not my bag method and when using multiple pollen to put the limbs farther away from each other so they’re easier to collect an hopefully up with less mixed seeds. Also probably pick more budded limbs to get more seeds

9 Likes

This thread has given me the confidence to try some breeding myself. I’ve thought about ordering some pollen on strainly or maybe growing a male some day.

4 Likes

Another one popped up. Looking healthy an strong so far. I gently poked around in the soil an see others preparing to break soil :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Pretty Excited to see the offspring of (Tyrannibis Rex x Doc’s OG)

Fundamental laws of inheritance is a wonderful thing! :call_me_hand:

4 Likes

Lucky for you that’s the seeds I have the most of! That pollen was potent lol I’m thinking that’s what a lot of the mixed seeds are

I tested a few more to see if they opened

These are the mixed

And these are the Trex x doc og. One didn’t open

8 Likes

Can’t wait to see what your cross looks like.

2 Likes

Got something weird going on with this one. The cotyledons are so long an the first set of leaves are curling down :thinking:

3 Likes

Soil looks over watered from here

2 Likes

I just spayed the soil before taking the picture. Currently I’m only spraying the top soil so I don’t drown it lol