Gumbino's 3x3 🔥💨

So realizing I don’t have any non salt fertalizer, i need to figure out how to feed the new additions…

@99PerCent what do suggest I use to feed these beauties? The little ones dont need it yet, but I’m more concerned with the ones ready to flip. I’d like to keep it as cheap as possible due to funds or lack of them. Home Depot is right around the corner so that’s what’s accessible, also could do online if I had to.

Deconstruction and reconstruction is slow, work ran way over. Making room now and doing some work before the kids concert later this afternoon.

1 Like

Run over to a riteaid or grocery store and grab a little box of Epsom salts. Maybe $3 max? Looks like a milk carton. I think that’s what your asking yeah?

I’m not sure it’s the answer your looking for but if you do use it. Start small dose. 1/2 teaspoon to a full gallon of water. You may even do 1/2 to 5 gallons and really dilute it down. keep it around and reuse leftovers later.

Mix it up well until you don’t hear the grinding of the rocks against the container. (Like making hummingbird feeder refills) They don’t need much. I’ve also lightly sprinkled a few tablespoons dispersed evenly amoungst the containers and water it in. Takes a while to fully dissolve that way. You don’t want to put too much though and cause salt build up.

1 Like

Go to Home de Pot and pick up some Alaskan Fish Fertilizer and Alaskan Kelp plant food. That will get you going with enough nutrients through veg.

2 Likes

Well my friend, as it turns out, the flip ready plants are pretty much plug and play for the first two weeks, then you have to go to work. If you really want to feed them, that is OK. I use Alaska Fish Fertilizer mixed with pH corrected water and I top dress with kelp meal and fresh compost. That is all.

After 12 days, these plants will be fully root bound. Best case scenario is new containers no less that 3 times larger. Otherwise, two of the very largest containers you can get together. Would suggest 6 or 7 gallon.

From there, you will need some soil. If you are going Roots, get the 707, the regular is too wimpy.

Same feeding for me until 1-2 weeks before harvest, and then only water.

99%

1 Like

That is the ticket!

99%

3 Likes

Good to know @Kalgrae @ReikoX @99PerCent. ll be heading down there on my way home. Hope they have stock left, ill let you know how I make out

Any advice on dosing? Should I follow suggested feeding on the bottle/bags

@99PerCent I have access to hundreds of new clean 5 gallon buckets, I know they aren’t as big but will this work if I drill holes for air and drainage?

Pipe load to the Notoriously Honorable @99PerCent!

2 Likes

Why not?

Lots of drill holes!! :eyeglasses:

Gumby Buckets it is.

99%

1 Like

@99PerCent for President!!!

5 Likes

So, in an effort to keep your post updated…

Your 2 flip ready plants will want to go into large buckets after 12 days. Big as you can manage. The Jacked Up x Heavy Nolog especially.

The others, except the GDP, should start to bind up in those containers in a little more than two weeks, depending on your lighting situation. Watch the GDP carefully and be careful to not over water this plant. She moves slowly.

99%

1 Like

So assuming I need (6) 5 GALLON buckets worth how many cubic feet of soil do you recommend…?

You’re going to be so busy in trim jail :laughing: Like @DavesNotHere said over in 99’s thread, it’s about 7.5 gallons per cubic foot, so sounds like you need 4 cubic feet. Get a little extra, just in case.

2 Likes

If you buy the ingredients to make a soil, it will cost you less and you should be able to acquire everything you need for about $50-$75. Glad to get you through this, and it is really good to learn anyway.

If you purchase store bought soil it will cost you roughly 3x more.

1 Like

the Agent Orange x (XJ13 x Penny Wise) she stacks nice…thats all I wanted to type…character flaw :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Very happy about the flavors off of this one. I’m hoping to find one with a more hair and fewer leaves in the buds, but the taste was perfect.

I am going to run an F2 of this cross I am so impressed.

99%

So now I would like to save money, so making my own sounds best…

What’s a shopping list for 4 cubic feet of soil look like…

Now I did look online but there’s so many different recipies

She is a pretty girl that Penny

1 Like

I might suggest getting a bail of the pro mix. It is a lot, but it will last you for a few grows.

4 Likes

Thanks 99…This gives me a great foundation… Ill let you know how I make out soon as the plan meets action

Looks as though the small space candy clone decided to jump the gun and initiate flower…

What happens now?

1 Like

4 cu ft Happy Frog, 4 cu ft coarse perlite
$78.00

Had some gnats in the Happy Frog. Any suggestions @99PerCent?

2 Likes