"GW divides the extracts from their two cannabis strains into four fractions: cannabinoids, terpenes, sterols, and triglycerides"

Breeding with intent

What do Lychee and the bastard poon have in common?

lychee-fruit-500x500

Id bet a million dollars no one in the Cannabis industry could answer this. I’d bet a billion someone who grows Cannabis legally for the pharmaceutical industry could though.

Let’s be honest. There are no Cannabis labs, only advertising agencies fronting as Cannabis labs.
5ntqmj

No one really cares about delta-9-Thc and monoterpenes except marketing agents. But what about other compounds in the plant? We know they exist, some of them have aromas that stick in our memory for lifetimes.

Why are they ignored?

The real mad Marijuana scientists know this plant, and know it well. I’ve learnt it pretty well myself. I’ve slowly over the years learned the names of all the interesting compounds. I’ve learnt the importance of marker-assisted breeding in multiplying the biosynthesis of the most interesting compounds in Cannabis. And I’ve learned the importance of funding.

The world will never work the way Tesla wanted. No, I’m not talking about the role playing businessman. Nikola Tesla wanted energy to be free, the day it was made possible by man. But in this man-made world, things can not exist until they have been monetized. And in this world stepping on the monetization of others is as good as theft. The timing behind the official discovery of gravity waves is an example proving that funding and competitive spirit, not scientific data, confirmed the existence of the long proposed, well known waveform.

fraud-kit

I can do without eco friendly jetpacks and gender neutral hover boards. Electric mind controlled rocket ships and solar powered cool touch flame throwers don’t excite me, but I need that cutting-edge weed and wake up excited about weed every day like it’s Christmas. One aspect of Cannabis I stay perpetually jizzmed is the smell. I like the pungent skunk smell.

Lots of people claim to like the skunk smell. Some even use the polecat as a mascot or namesake. But then they proceed to say some stupid shit, like:

facepalm-picard

It’s become increasingly more difficult to hold a conversation about weed over the past decade. I have developed a vomit reflex to the t-word.

a2e3362011a5fc50b8032a47526ef9fe_w200

Now, I can understand why people could assume pine strains smell like pinene or lemon strains smell like limonene (they don’t, more on that later), but skunk? Myrcene? These people are obvious smoking dispo weed.

Friends don’t let friends smoke dispo weed, and I don’t let people stain the character of my herb by telling strangers it smells like 99c Glade plug-ins.

My skunk doesn’t contain a drop of myrcene or any other bootleg Mexican air freshener bullshit. If it did you’d never know. Myrcene is weak. Skunk is not weak. Skunk strains smell like thiols. My skunk smells like a single thiol. My strain smells like propanethiol .

How do I know my Skunk strain smells like propanethiol? Do I work in a joint Pentagon-E.T. weed lab?

20210909_013847

Yes… …they don’t know shit at the pentagon. That’s why they outsourced Zuck (we’re from neighboring stars.)

Skunk comes from dihydrosterculic acid.

Cyclopropane Fatty Acids are a subgroup of fatty acids that contain a cyclopropane group. The seed oil from lychee contains nearly 40% CPAs in the form of triglycerides. Sterculia foetida aka Skunk tree oil contains 65–80% cyclopropanionic acid, mostly sterculic.

Cyclopropanoic acid can be derived from alkenes, but the more common cyclopropanation pathways in Cannabis involve ring closure reactions of carbocations in terpenoids. Cyclopropane fatty acids are derived from the action of S-adenosyl methionine (SAM) on unsaturated fatty acids. The precursor to ethylene for example, 1-aminocyclopropane-1-carboxylic acid, is derived directly from SAM via nucleophilic displacement of the SMe2 group subsequent to condensation with pyridoxal phosphate.

Who do you trust the future of Cannabis to?

The bro?

Or the science?

To Be Continued…

11 Likes

Nothing goes into my weed except what I put there.

But ok then.

7 Likes

yeah these posts are getting weirder by the minute…and no comeback on any questions asked about various stuff.

5 Likes

5f638e284bbcea75a21cd063c2276c275a244931cd6d0f9ebe20fbb306e1617f

5 Likes

When I first started learning about terpenes, it said right away am that skunk and dank aren’t terpenes, so not to expect that from carts.

3 Likes

@WestcoastCroppers was run off of the trollitup site for these postings and never following up with an answers to peoples questions.

2 Likes

Oh that’s a shame, the 1st thread on calcium defs was a bit convoluted / conspiracy theory like but made some interesting points.

2 Likes

I harvest skunk rectums for all my commercial bags. Dirty work but worth a premium.

11 Likes

I want “skunkene”

2 Likes

Seriously though I had an NL and if you left it in a warm car it ranked of skunk when you opened the doors.

4 Likes

Around 30 years ago I decided that I would start using my car to “quick dry” my freshly harvested flowers. I placed small flowers from my plants on the dashboard of my car when I drove to work and parked for the day. I used heavy duty aluminum foil to loosely cover my buds, shielding them from direct sunlight. So, after I left the office and went to my car, upon opening the door the odor was greatly amplified, almost all of the drying enclosed flowers smelled like some variation on the skunk theme. Wow, what a strong stench.

Even then, I was disciplined enough to forgo any smoking of the buds until I was safely back home. Then the sampling began.

3 Likes

tenor-7

1 Like

Damn… Thats willpower… Especially being forced to drive in that scent. I woulda found a nice park to sneak away and puff some.

1 Like

:point_up_2:

:evergreen_tree: cheap shot :unamused:

@Cactus this may interest you. :thinking:
I think this is the paper he was quoting above.

1 Like