Habitt’s hemp habittat of holistic healing

Day 3

Well, I’ve planted some Blood Orange Haze and a second GLo to replace the Walter White and the first GLo. I was toying around with the idea of popping them in 3 weeks to do a seed run but I dont think I want to do that just yet.

Temp 78
RH 69%

BOH just planted it directly into the pot. You can still see the corpse of the WW in there.

Skywalker Still has her helmet on.

Black Cream is going strong

GLo just planted the new seed directly into the pot like BOH. You can see the withered one where it popped out of the ground. It was curled up like you see there and just kind of fell out without any force.

Lets try this again.

3 Likes

Ww and glo, it appears as though it’s damping off. Maybe the medium is a little too wet?

2 Likes

I think you’re right. I had this same problem at the beginning of last grow. My Skywalker shed its outer shell and looks horrible. If it happens again I’m going to break everything down and sanitize the hell out of everything. I think it came in with the coco loco I ordered. I’ll try Promix hp and see if I can avoid damping off.

2 Likes

You could innoculate the medium with trichoderma or bacillus subtilis to prevent damping off. But even then, if the medium is too wet, the chances are slim. I usually start mine in jiffy/peat pellets and transplant once the roots emerge. Works well and moisture control is easier.
Also regarding helmet heads, I believe the seed needs to be sowed 1/2 inch deep and cover/pack it nicely with the medium but not too tight. E.g after sowing, instead of just closing the hole with the medium using fingers, use the backside of a toothpick and gently push in the medium into the hole and pat it down (not too tight but not loose either). This way, as the seedling emerges, the friction caused by the medium above should displace the shell easily. I figured this out with trial and error after losing many helmet heads mainly due to the medium being packed loosely. Now they barely occur.
Hope this helps…:v:t4::blush::herb:

3 Likes

Day 4

No activity from the BOH or the GLo but the Skywalker seems to still be alive despite the brown raggedy top as it appears to be reaching for the light. The Black Cream is the star of the bunch just chugging away as happy as can be. I’m really happy with how resilient she is.

Skywalker

Black Cream
IMG_9514 - Copy

5 Likes

Things are drying up ever since I turned off the humidifier. Keeping the RH at 50-55%. Skywalker is still clinging to life though im probably going to replace her with something from Magic Strains, Wicked Witch auto looks interesting. Got the ro system hooked up outside and the water has gone from 350ish to 18ppm.
Im brewing up a super simple ewc tea for my grape vine and lemon tree outside and it looks good, and it has a small head of foam after 10 minutes.

More later.

5 Likes

Day 5

Temp 82
RH 55%

I culled the Skywalker and planted some Magic Strains Wicked Witch in its place. Im going to save my last skywalker for when I have my conditions under control.

Black Cream is still doing great!

I have dusted each new seed with some Rootwise in hopes that it can help combat the damping off.

Magic Strains Wicked Witch

Everything in place. If this fails Im going to finish the Black Cream and start over.

6 Likes

Positive vibes bro!
Calling on the Ganja Goddess to bless your grow!
:pray:t3::herb::fairy:t3:‍♂ :green_heart::blush:

2 Likes

Day 6

Temp 83
RH 54%

Today will be a short one with no pics.
Black Cream is still doing great! No activity from the others yet. More tomorrow.

1 Like

Day 7 week 1

Temp 80
RH 54%

No activity from the other seeds. Black Cream is doing well.

Black Cream

7 Likes

Day 8

Temp 80
RH 53%

Good news everyone!
Untitled
The blood orange haze and the glo both have popped their head out of the ground!

boh

glo

black cream is doing its thing.

The wicked witch hasn’t shown yet but only because she’s a few days behind. Hopefully she’ll show her head soon.

Oh yeah! Im getting some zamaldelica express f3 auto reg pollen from @Morde that Im going to use on a single branch of each plant. So THAT should be exciting! Just need to remember that its 4-6 weeks to allow the seeds to mature and another 4-6 weeks to cure.

More later.

10 Likes

Out of likes brother! :green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Excited to see those beans pop…:call_me_hand:t3: certainly that’s good news…:blush:

1 Like

I woke up today to the boh and the glo above the ground!

boh

The glo needed a helmetectomy.

And the star, black cream.

8 Likes

Day 9

Temp 79
RH 57%

The BOH and the GLo are going strong! Now lets hope that stays true the entire grow. The Wicked Witch has yet to show her head but hopefully it will be soon!

BOH

GLo

And of course strong girl Black Cream

This is officially getting exciting! Can’t wait for the WW to pop her head to really get this party started!

More later!

6 Likes

Day 10

Temp 80
RH 54%

The glo has exploded and more than doubled in size almost overnight! The boh looks good as well. STILL nothing from the WW and the Black Cream is chugging along.

boh

glo is looking impressive with this growth spurt!

Black Cream is still the cream of the crop.

More later!

7 Likes

Day 11

Wicked Witch has FINALLY shown herself! Everything is looking good except for the stretch on GLo so I upped the light intensity from 50% to 80% yesterday. We’ll see how the rest responds to the light.

boh

wicked witch you can JUUUUST barely see her stem

glo

black cream

Now I have a quick question, though I think the answer is yes but I still want to make sure.
Im getting some Night Owl Zamaldelica express pollen and some Ace Zamaldelica auto seeds. If I hit the ace plant with the night owl pollen, would that be a back cross since the night owl Zamaldelica is from ace originally?

More later!

4 Likes

Im using the same fabric pots nice <3

1 Like

They were the cheapest ones I found on amazon and bought a few 1, 2, 3 and 5 gallon sizes. They were just too good of a price to pass up. Im using all the 1 gallons with some houseplants I’ve started.

1 Like

A man of culture. A dollar saved is a dollar gained :slight_smile:

1 Like

Day 12

Temp 84
RH 51%

The black cream is now 12 days old, boh and glo are 5 days old and ww is now 1 day old(I track days from when the seedling pops its head out of the ground naturally). I’ll need to keep that in mind for when I top them(if I top them) and hit them with some pollen.

boh

ww

glo

bc is now 12 days old and I’ll probably top her on day 20.

More later!

3 Likes