Half alive half dead, wtf?

So I started week 4 of flower for my white widow yesterday, noticed sunday that I had a bud with spider mites on it but couldn’t do anything at that moment as I had to leave to go pick up my daughter so yesterday I went to check on it and get ready to spray it , found 1/2 to 3/4 of the plant drooping badly. Rinsed it and sprayed with spinosad and put back in tent (killed the lights and fans). Just checked it a few minutes ago, looks to be about close to same/ maybe half dead half alive as before. I know it takes a few days to bounce back from being sprayed but it has me a bit confused as to why it is split like that. Heres a couple pics of it.

Taken in tent last week (for refernce)

Yesterday after rinse:

Taken this morning in tent:

5 Likes

Feed is normally FN grow, FN floralicious plus, FN bloom and Kool bloom. Only thing I can think of that is different from normal is I accidentally gave it a feeding of molasses water on Thursday or Friday as I thought I had normal flower nutes in and had forgotten that I had been feeding the other one I have in flower that was supposed to come down soon. Not sure if any of that helps but figured I’d mention it .

3 Likes

Wondering if some sort of burrowing bug has gotten in the stem I’ve seen something similar with outdoor but not indoor … hope ya find the problem.

5 Likes

Maybe, hopefully not though. Hoping she perks back up. But gonna keep an eye on it and report as I go on it.

2 Likes

The bites from some mites is toxic to the plant. Crush an asprin and dissolve in your next watering water and she will perk back up

2 Likes

Ok, I think I still have some aspirin around somewhere around the house. Would I add it with the nutes or just plain water?

1 Like

Which ever your going to give the plants next.

2 Likes

Wow that is pretty crazy… when you used the spinosad did you use the correct dosage? Never seen a plant half die before looks mad.

2 Likes

That’s the thing is it was like that before I sprayed, the picture of it rinsed is I literally used the detachable shower head to spray naturally first.

2 Likes

it’s either devastation through feed or pest :astonished:

i’d go “scorched earth” & reset b/c of the bugs

my condolences :crying_cat_face:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

I’ll second ya there man I’ve never seen a plant do what’s happening there and if it was like that prior to spraying then something has wrecked your plant and likely it will eventually affect the other half of the plant. Could let it die naturally and pray the other half remains fine but you’ve got some weirdness so I think the healthier side will eventually get hit with that too :man_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

I agree check the stem for cracks or breaks. Perhaps a stem snapped when handling it.

4 Likes

Absolutely check everything. Easily. That looking like chemical to or straight flamethrower heat. I always xhexk for real before spraying. What I’m using and someone whose used it. Reiko bitch slaps me from time to time. Lol. It looked like it started bouncing back. Flushed out?

3 Likes

There was a break but it was preflower and had been bandaged up and far as I could tell healed, but kinda makes me wanna pull the tape off and check . Hoping it’s on a rebound but tomorrow should give some insight into that. Here’s a picture of one of the leafs I pulled.

2 Likes

that sounds like it, check the site of the break, might be infected with PM or other kinda of rot.

1 Like

Fusarium Wilt

The United States released this fungus in an area; it later had devastating effects on cannabis plants even after winter had passed it stayed in the soil. Seedlings that were planted were killed several years after the fungus was released. This fungus can be air borne and transmitted like other fungus and pathogens, it gets in through susceptible plants that have been wounded through environmental factors like animal attacks, pruning, LST (Low Stress Training), pest infestation and using cutting utensils that are not sanitary that may have fungus or bacteria on them. Fusarium wilt causes internal damage to vascular lines inside the plant and blocks the plants ability to carry water and nutrients. Symptoms included wilting of the plant, leaves becoming necrotic and yellowing wilting of the leaves while the yellowing leaves may look like a nutrient deficiency, this is clearly a mask, with Fusarium wilt, leaves will yellow and stay on the plant, where with a nitrogen deficiency the leaves will yellow and fall off. While not affecting the roots, it does affect inside the plant cell walls, inside the plants walls will reveal a red brown color inside the tissue. Stems will change color from normal green and purple hue, to a dark purple to blackish color. This pathogen can get confused with root rot, because the symptoms this pathogen shows are nearly the same as root rot, but roots are not affected. This clogging effect inside is what causes the external symptoms. While this fungus is traveling inside the plant, the toxins spread to uninfected areas and causing the clogging effect internally, these toxins is what causes the other un infected tissue to start to show the 2ndary problems, which are slow wilting of the leaves, stem collapse, stem discoloration and overall droopiness (as if the plant is dry and had no water) to parts of the plant, even if they get plenty of water. This fungus is a real killer to cannabis plants, any remaining plants that are survived can be stunted. Fusarium Wilt thrives in warm moist temperatures, which is why southern states have Fusarium Wilt the worst.

Prevent and Control

Fusarium Wilt is by far one of the hardest things for cannabis to overcome, if it ever does overcome it. Your plant health, environment and strain have a lot to do with weather or not Fusarium wilt will take over your plants. This pathogen mainly affects cannabis and hemp family, but can affect other plants but does not show the damaging effect it has on cannabis, like it does on other kinds of plants. This pathogen was breed specifically to attack wild cannabis plants and growers who grow there plants outdoors’. There is no form of organic control for this type, reason for this is, because the fungus is so strong and not susceptible to much of anything unless you get it right when it starts, if you do not get it in time, it thrives in the plants and consumes and kills the plants. There is only a few ways to control this fungus, one is to fumigate the area you are growing in killing the pathogen in the soil while it is dormant, so when you grow in this area again, your plants are much less likely to get it, the only other way your plants could get this if not from the soil, is from airborne spores get in through open wounds on your plants leaves, stems and stalks. Plants that produced seeds when it was infected with Fusarium wilt should not be used, as the pathogen stays dormant on the seed and attacks it when the seedling emerges and causing the “damping off” effect and thus killing the seedling before it even has a chance to grow it’s real first set of leaves. Acidic soil helps boost Fusarium wilt. Stay away from acidic soils .Counteract this by using dolomite lime, or green sand Using potassium and calcium enriched organic nutrients can help fight off and prevent Fusarium wilt, excessive amounts of nitrogen, phosphorus can speed up Fusarium wilt.

If your plant gets this it will surely die, the only thing you can do is try to reduce the destruction by foliar feeding areas that are not infected, cut off infected areas discard them away from your growing areas and treat the wound with h202 (Hydrogen Peroxide).
Making sure you clean your tools afterwards is important. Treating with fungicides will not work in controlling this.

4 Likes

Hmmm at the break we all know it can knuckle up almost seems it didn’t grow right and maybe did a self strangulation perhaps? If it doesn’t pop back maybe do an autopsy before , at , after the knuckle .

1 Like

Definitely thinking it has something to do with the area around the break and possibly what @Skiball was talking about as it definitely sounds close to the situation but makes me wonder where I woulda picked it up if It is. Either way gonna be pulling her outta the tent shortly, for now heres how she looked when I opened the tent this morning.

Most if not all the damaged/ dead branches are connected to the one that had the break. So definitely thinking it played a part in the situation in some way.

2 Likes

I had something similar to what you are experiencing on this karma male. No idea wtf it is, the one side stayed healthy(ish) while other continued to die off.

2 Likes

If your partial to see what this strain does maybe clip a clone or two .