Halo's first auto run!!!!!

No crawlies spotted, but this looks like nute burn to me. Gave each 500ml of water this morning.

1 Like

Glad to hear the crawlies (bad or otherwise unidentified) are gone! That’s something I haven’t had to mess with (yet). I know it would get under my skin!

As for the yellowing, from my understanding it could be several things aside from too many nutrients (which it could also be). Sorry this won’t be at all a diagnosis, not there yet, but I’d pay extra attention to water/light. Those two things seem to be a common cause and are easy to mess up.

I’m still trying to wrap my head around water. Distilled vs tap vs RO (basically distilled, I think). How often. How much. Automation, etc. The rabbit hole goes deep.

Light, well, I wish the industry standard meter wasn’t $532US right now – but I do think @DougDawson has one that is much cheaper ($100-200 ballpark) and if I remember right only falls about 40umol to either side. Not a bad bit of variance for quite a bit of cost savings. Other than using PAR maps others have made and carefully measuring, I’ve come to distrust Photone. It’s just not using the right tools (paper diffuser, phone – just not proper). Another rabbit hole, of course, and not even getting started on LEDs/leaf-temps, etc.

Keep us tuned!

1 Like

Yes. I found myself erratic each time I saw one. Eeeugh.

I’d love to eventually install a full irrigation system for each plant in there. That’d be fun.

Yeah, pretty much $ is the only issue. I’ve got a horse to take care of full-time as well, so there really is only so much I can put into my grow right now [but I do have another job coming up soon…!]. I really appreciate your advice though. It’s nice having someone to kinda grow alongside with.

The water I used this morning is Poland Spring. It lands right around 6.2ph. Typically I use PS if I need to flush, but I use tap water whenever I feed. I quite literally transport them into my shower, water [with the showerhead, I wipe everything down with ISO 91% beforehand], check runoff, and leave them there for ~30 mins before putting them back into the tent. Any plant that I give my tap water to seems to be happy afterwards. I live in a relatively rural area with a well.

It’s wild how the simplest needs of a plant [water & light] can be so, so diverse in terms of choices, efficiency, etc etc

1 Like

Yeah so like, I still have 1/7th of a clue as to what I’m doing or what I’m talking about… I researched more about specific nutrients and a few irl growmies told me the same that they were hungry. I fed both tonight according to the Lotus soil applications-flowering schedule week 3. Think I’m a little behind/right on time as I started seeing pistils around the 25th?

I really need to update my personal journal. But hey, the new growmeter I got has a bluetooth connection/app that I downloaded. Govee, lets me see temp/humidity/dew point/vpd. Really nice, right off amazon. Works great so far. The old growmeter that came with my light has withstood the test of time. Somehow still in good range compared to the Govee, only +/- 1 degree and +/-3% humidity really

Here these ladies are today

2 Likes