Hand watering coco

No worries @Fat_Man . Any and all help is welcome . :grinning:

1 Like

Thanks very much for doing this @GramTorino . Going to have to think about this .Do you think I would be better off using that generic recipe ?

1 Like

@Fat_Man. You just made my life easier!! New grower and have been mixing nutes in milk jugs. Def a pain in the ass when they are drinking this much.

1 Like

Thanx @Joker glad someone could find something useful. Lol no problem buddy!

1 Like

For sure you need a change. Your mix is low in P, sky high with Ca. Not a balanced mix.

The h3ad formula has been for many years by coco growers.
6/9.

Either would be better than your current mix.

GH-Lucas-hEad

3 Likes

Thanks I will give it a try .

1 Like

Thanks @GramTorino and others who offered advise. I started using the h3ad formula and the plants are looking very happy . Growth has picked up as well . Really starting to bud now . :smiley: :love_you_gesture: :+1:

5 Likes

Looking good tonight . Again thanks .

9 Likes

Glad you reversed the situation, they look much better now … Arriba|nullxnull

Thanks @George . Feeling a lot better about coco now . .

2 Likes

Grow improving - Thats awesome to hear and see!

With h3ad formula, the K is kinda on the low for flower imo.
Take another peek at the generic coco recipe posted above for comparison.

What ph/Ec/ppm are your feeding with the h3ad formula?

1 Like

I mixed a batch yesterday . EC was 1430 PH 5.9 . Fed about a gallon to each 3 gallon pot . Had a decent amount of run off . I’ve been watering once a day at lights on .

1 Like

My apologies. Lol. I know some of this coco info gets techno.

I’m still learning this stuff!

I’m feeding at around 1.6 ec. Or 800ppm. (500 scale)

5 Likes

I just mixed up a batch . I used the h3ad formula again but added 10 mil of grow . Now my EC is about 1600 . I’m thinking this should increase the K in the mix .

2 Likes

If you want a lower ec. Just start with more water, with the same amount of nutes.

Is your ppm 1600?
1600ppm = 3.2 ec. Sky high!

I feed xoxo at…
800ppm = 1.6 ec. Avg.

3 Likes

My EC is 1600 or 1.6 if you like . Not my PPM .

2 Likes

Excellent.

2 Likes

This thread is enlightening. I’ve been shut down for a while and smoking through my stash.

Often when I start new seeds I’ll flower then out in little Solo cups off to the side to see what they’re like without taking up much space. As I’ve been going through my stash I’ve been noticing that these little sampler plants were more dank than the larger versions I grew after. Literally more dense, frostier and better flavor than the exact same plant from a larger container.

All conditions would be the same… light nutrients etc, the only difference I can think of is I would have watered the little ones more (daily), whereas in larger pots I let them dry out almost completely before watering again…like I always did with promix

Anyways I feel like I might have been overwatering my coco this whole time. This round I’ve got 9 in 1 gallon pots and will be watering more frequently, hopefully they’ll like it.

Great thread!

8 Likes

Got to say @GramTorino is the coco guru . I got great results my first time trying coco thanks to him mostly . :grin:

4 Likes

I settled on watering every day with nutes with lots of run off in the 3 gallon fabrics . It worked well for 2 plants . But would be a lot of work for more and I normally grow more .

6 Likes