Handguns and firearms talk

There are a few springfield 1911’s im looking for but guns and ammo are pretty hard to find atm. That is unless you want to pay far more than retail.

1 Like

The 10mm Ronin 1911 from Springfield looks pretty bad ass.

I really like the xdm over the xd’s, but that’s just me. :v:

2 Likes

This will be my 1st 1911 and it wouldn’t feel right if it wasn’t 45 acp. I would also prefer USA made. I would definitely take a Colt as well if I can find one in my price range. I set my 1911 budget at $1500 so im a little limited.
There are a few gun shows coming to my area and I’ve always found great deals there. Maybe I’ll get lucky🤞

1 Like

@Eudaemon I can’t believe you dont like the p320 because it feels like a toy but praise glock. I own 2 glocks and love them but even ill admit the ergonomics are crap and feels very toy like.
The 320 standard grip modules are crappy imo but the x five syle are much better. Thats why I bought the wilson combat and its all kinds of great.

2 Likes

Are you referring to the p320 or the army’s choice?

2 Likes

I’m betting all y’all were hoping PRK was going to appeal to SCOTUS on the shooting down of our (not mine but the states) high capacity ban. I am guessing that states like NY and others were BEGGING them not to. Now, the ruling only applies to the 9th Circus.

1 Like

No, I think that is the standard for the 19. You could use the extender and use 17 mags.

@Eudaemon - Totally agree. The M9 was all metal and look how many failures they had with that. The other problem with it, and why it doesn’t “feel right” is because it is a compact trying to be a full size. Private Prissy, all 98lbs of her (soaking wet) is not going to be able to handle a full size so they have to make it small and “build it up” for everyone else.

They didn’t botch the 1911? In service, in one way or another for almost a century.

@anon5325009 - Actually, I think it was one of the most expensive. They made the qualidfications for the bid so complicated that no one wanted to try. I think they only had 5 to begin with. That and the whole “We need it to be polymer” thing.

3 Likes

I know glocks are about the most reliable and durable out there, but I absolutely hated the trigger and the overall grip. As soon as I held the Walther P99c, I unloaded the g27 I was carrying and traded it with my buddy. I already had the full sized P99 in the same caliber, practically no transition between the two. Bit more kick with the compact :yum:

5 Likes

19x standard mags are 17. It was the Cali model, they traded me for the correct version. If I wanted a mag that held only 10, I’d get a subcompact

6 Likes

@anon5325009 there were reports of the gun going off if dropped about 3 yrs ago and sig offered a free fix but any 320 made in the past 2 years already has the fix.

1 Like

@Eudaemon I’ve heard lots of kimber complaints but nothing from springfield. Are there issues with some of those or more craftsmanship problems? I have 2 friends that have springfield 1911 in 9mm and absolutely love them but I’ve never shot them.
I am definitely leaning Colt and plan on waiting until all this political bullshit settles and prices come down. The only Colt in my price range atm is a competition model.
To be truthful if I’m not getting a nice 1911 I would actually consider a rock island armory tactical. I have shot those and can say I was very impressed.

3 Likes

Hi, my name’s Molto and I’m a CZ whore :rofl::rofl:

Have plenty of others too though, long and short.

5 Likes

I would love a cz shadow but they make lots of great pistols. Definitely a fan🤌

2 Likes

This is a beautiful gun

12 Likes

My Beretta 950 Jetfire is only good for 200. (inches)
:man_facepalming:

2 Likes

The only “pistol” that I’ve ever actually consistently hit what I was aiming at past 50yds. Actually kept on target fairly well at 100yds. Yes, you can easily shoot it one handed or with a regular pistol style grip. Then like I said above, it’s an instant smile due to the crazy muzzle break lol. The blast is felt in your face (in a fun way) and is like having your face massaged. A 20rd mag is perfect on it, but the 30 is just so much fun! A former friend of mine got one years ago, and it was a blast to use. I often think about getting one for myself because it’s just pure joy to shoot. Do I need to mention it’s also extremely LOUD and very Bright with the FIREBALL that it throws at the muzzle :rofl:, short barrel = unburned powered.

5 Likes

…you forgot to dremel off the serial! :rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Man, now I need to hit the range/gravel pit. I’ve been much more focused on fishing for the past 4-5 years. Only been out to do any target shooting like once or twice a summer, then to confirm zero for fall hunting. With my supply of ammo dwindling, and prices/availability have been crazy, I haven’t done more than just a few mags out of a handgun and AR at a time. Not nearly as many rounds are run through my rem700 .308, and shotguns are just used for hunting. It’s been a few years since I touched off one of these.

Also, since I’m not at work anymore, this is my constant companion

10 Likes

Mmmm I do love the CZs rifles and pistols. I wish the cz bren was legal in canada

1 Like