Handguns and firearms talk

See, that is why I like this site, you learn something new every day. I was thinking about the regular 19 and I was even wrong about that. I looked up the 19x and like the idea, a full size frame with a compact slide. Who coulda thunk it… damned Germans, I guess.

2 Likes

I just don’t like it. I do have bigger hands (not oafishly) and it just feels too small. I like the 17, but as an EDC, it’s just too big (well too long). Would love to get a Canik, every thing I have read says they are great, but alas, not “on the list” (Thanks Camel-Toe).

There was another one I used to see, I think Sportsmans Guide or CtD used to carry it, that was like the Canik, but it had a hammer and a long beaver tail with a grip safety (I think). AND they had it in FDE! Kinda looked like a CZ but more “Canikey”

4 Likes

What’s really funny is, I bought my 915 IN CA, in '92 I think, took it with me to TX, but I wouldn’t have been able to bring it BACK into CA. There were talks about folks who had guns that they bought IN CA years before, that weren’t “on the list” (nothing special just stuff like the 915) that when they would take them to a gunsmith, to have work done, the gunsmith would call the gov’t, because they were so afraid of losing their business licenses, and report them. A few days later, some “bureaucrat” (cop who follows the politicians rather than the Constitution) would show up to either seize it or tell them they had X days to get rid of it, by getting it “Out of the State”. Who knows whether they are true, but knowing what they have already done, it not only sound plausible, but probable.

3 Likes

I had been infatuated with this gun for awhile. Like others have said, I thought it should have been the army’s new side arm, so when it went to the public, and I was given a nice Christmas present (money) I went and got one.

I already liked Glock, and this thing is over the top. Hexagonal barrel with new rifling for accuracy. It fits my hand perfectly. I don’t practice as much as I should, so some extra rounds sounded great as well. He is correct. It shoots extremely smoothly!

I got a shell for it that fits my alien gear iwb, so when it gets colder usually it’s what I take with me. I just can’t really hide it during the summer, and I prefer the element of surprise.

I love my alien gear and big foot gun belt as well. I never knew the difference a steel core could make on a belt.

3 Likes

The time machine is called gun broker. @Eudaemon thank you for your service and thank you to all service members here. What make and model is that 1911? Thats one beautiful firearm!

Does anyone have thoughts on para ordinance 1911’s ?
I have never seen or held one in person.

4 Likes

Flash can is a big deal on 10.5 and under barreled 5.56. That splitter just throws flame a debris (unburnt powder as said)
In low light or dark youre blinded to where its barely useable other than spray n pray after the first round or 2. Kak flash can or cheaper yet is davidsons pipe xl. Slimline if you want it to fit inside handguard. Almost looks like a suppressor directs everything away from your face and actually takes some of the crack out of the sound. Makes it deeper but not as sharp of a crack. The pipe xl was $16 kak extended slimline around $35. Both just screw on no crush washer needed.

2 Likes

Check out CZ if you’re looking for a dependable sidearm.

6 Likes

Yea, we shot it at night, could practically read by it :rofl:. Again, that would just be a fun piece for the range, the flashbang effect kinda adds to the fun :rofl::rofl:.
The opening scene of this video is exactly everyone’s reaction after I’ve seen them shoot it.

3 Likes

Thats just enough to piss someone off.
My dads got one first pistol he’s ever had.
Can’t hit a can 10’ away with it, more of an up close belly gun

2 Likes

If you can find bullets!

These?

4 Likes

Tracers from the army are neato also

2 Likes

My grandma used to work at a munitions dump, I’d get all the cool stuff.
Boxes and bricks of .22, .223. .45, .308 have some m16 belts
Bulk lead bricks
Still have a couple battery boxes of them
Real cool for coyote hunting at night

5 Likes

Yea they are fun, just need to be extra careful of your backdrop, they tend to catch things on fire :stuck_out_tongue:.

3 Likes

Those will be lucky to go thru a wet torn paper sack.
Don’t know what you think you’re shooting there buddy but its not gonna go thru 1 person and into another.
Unless its a ghost

4 Likes

as long az it goes thru blue jeans and ball sak

4 Likes

I had these stashed. I don’t have a. 25. Hit me with your Addy bro.

2 Likes

i only need about 8, fill my clip. dont let the pist office know its bullets,just say its fragile, bullets gets costly, speciall packing,.

Edit
Thank you who ever fixed.

I grew up on a farm, was an NRA member for many years, shot trap and hunted and also spent a week at sniper school at Ft. Leonard Wood as a non-service invitee when I was 18. I have respect for guns.

But I have to ask - why are we talking about shooting people on a pot forum? And then doing other horrible things to them?

Disgusting. These are the people that made me quit the NRA.

@LemonadeJoe and @moderators I don’t think this is appropriate discussion for a peaceful pot forum.

4 Likes

Pm me for my info
thanks a million bro!. it’s tough to war knowing ya only got 2 shells. but i figured first 2 punks get it in the face. rest will haul ass.

1 Like

@TheBubbleKing

Pm bro, not open!