Happy Little Trees with Meesh 2023

Hey @Meesh I think I got you confused with what variety of Blueberry I’m bringing. Last summer you tried out my Blueberry Muffin x Vintage Blueberry plant I grew from seed, but I’ll be bringing a Blueberry clone that has been around the Pacific Northwest for a long time. It was originally purchased via Archive seeds dispensary in Portland. I think it’ll be a little less indica than the stuff you sampled. I just finished it indoor, and have it curing now. I haven’t smoked it yet, but a number of other members on OG have, and enjoy it! It has loose floral clusters, rather than big dense buds, so I think it will go really well outdoors!

Edit: smoked it for the first time after a two week cure. Definitely fits the bill for your indica list. Pretty similar actually to my seed plant in effects, dreamy and stoney!

14 Likes

Thanks for the offer @Meesh but with how the price of electricity has went up as high as it has and me halving the size of my grow tent and light size/power I can only grow feminised seeds.
I’ve grown sunshine daydream in the past from a seedrun here on og a few years back and I loved how it grew and being indica leaning It ticked all the boxes. I re-gifted the remaining seeds I had here on og last year.
Appreciate the offer though!

3 Likes

It’s been 5 days, I was expecting to go outside to a bunch of seedlings. Blue Dream has surfaced and I could see the loop of one Iced Cube so far. Looks like a bit of soil disturbance here and there, but that’s it so far. I’ll probably get the Orange Goji f1s in the mail today. It rained a bit today. Not hard enough to drown the seeds, but what I thought was enough to make magic. Sprout, Sprout, Sprout! Dang it!

9 Likes

Wait for it, wait for it… :rofl:

2 Likes

@Jetdro and @Meesh discussing clones vs seeds

:rofl:

:evergreen_tree:

6 Likes

Signs of life on most of the seeds today. I believe I’m missing a couple gg4ril, iced cube and black mambas now. Yay!

7 Likes

Got the Orange Goji F1 seeds from @Jetdro just now. From what I can tell they look great. I’ll plant them manana. Thanks again, Bro!

8 Likes

The Orange Goji is planted. May they all be a girl child. So glad I planted all 4 of the Iced Cube seeds I had as only 3 came up. Looks like I will need to pop another black mamba and a gg4ril. Everything else is above soil

11 Likes

The last 3 laggers sprouted over night. 100% germ rate so far. Fingers crossed for all 3 orange goji.

8 Likes

You are going to have a great year. Got a sweet lineup. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

3 Likes

I changed my mind @ReikoX tomorrow I’m gonna do a soil test. I can just water in the amendments, it won’t interfere with me planting seedlings. Honestly, I think the very idea of kneeling to get the soil for the test is what stopped me. My knee is a huge source of pain and turns me off of doing some of the simplest things at times. I can have my sweetie help me dig some up.

8 Likes

My fiance helped me dig a few holes and get the soil I needed. We went and mailed it off to ag labs for my test. It takes a couple weeks for the results. All the little seedlings are looking good today with their tiny little selves. We are having our typical “May Gray” weather which will be followed by “June Gloom”… The marine layer is thick this time of year. Probably why the seeds took up to 8 days to germinate and sprout. It’s pretty cool here. Mid 60’s in the day, mid to high 50’s at night. It was actually in the low 60’s at night a few weeks back. I believe we are about 9 mins shy of 14 sun hours.

14 Likes

So, check out this weird wrinkly gg4ril sprout

Babies…

I can see the first of the orange goji crowning, heads almost up and helmet’s shedding as I type this. :grin:

27 Likes

Baby fuzz wants to grow up and have trichs.

1 Like

Yes. Yes it does. The one I am smoking from last year is pure :fire:.

On another note… I need to start Mammoth P inoculations next watering. I’m also going to go back to the aspirin foliar this year. I believe they kept my plants more resistant.

8 Likes

Out of curiosity, why AG Labs? Are they unique in offering the Morgan Extract method?

I did a quick mysoiltesting.com test last month and just sent a post-amendment sample to CSU. Interested in hearing pros and cons of different places. This is a new world to me

3 Likes

They give soil recommendations based on High Brix Gardening which I dig and I get my amendments customized and formulated through their dealer. I just throw down the amendments and water in.

I approach outdoor cannabis growing like a farmer.

8 Likes

Interesting. Certainly heard a few things about targeting high brix on my short journey so far.

I don’t know if what I followed was such a “method” but I followed suggestions from The Intelligent Gardener book, which is essentially a balanced macronutrient approach with an emphasis on mineralization/micronutrients. Now I’m making sure to get a healthy food soil web setup with microbes and stuff. It seems the high brix approach is quite similar, but maybe higher Ca/Mg levels and lower OM ratio.

I approach growing cannabis like an engineer that wants to be a farmer :grin:

What’s the best place to read more about this? Your results always look spectacular :+1:

3 Likes

I started with this series

10 Likes

Perfect! I’ll listen on my commute.

3 Likes