Happy Little Trees with Meesh 2023

All 3 of the Orange Gojis are up! That’s :100: germ rate this year. Wow!

I’ve got @Greasy and his lady coming by today. He’s bringing me a couple Clones. It will be nice to see these two again.

Happy Saturday!

16 Likes

Sounds like a great day Orange Goji sprouts and good friends visiting with clones. :sunglasses: :metal: :metal: :metal: :metal: :peace_symbol:

4 Likes

Good deal , Orange Goji in the house !!

5 Likes

So @Greasy is having fun cloning! Brought me 5 plants! 3 are pretty small and very recent so are still in a dome. I hooked up my seed station in the garage and have them under lights. They will stay here until the end of May. Then I’ll put them out. The Mother’s Milk clone is pretty big already and is being hardened off right now. It’s a gorgeous plant. I’m thinking of putting her in the ground.

It was great to see those 2 again. They were here at Thanksgiving for a holiday weed swap. lol They are gonna come out to see the trees come August/September.

12 Likes

They popped really quickly! I’m stoked! May they all be stinky girls!

4 Likes

All girls are stinky :rofl:
Well the ones I know are anyway. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I have grown the blueberry from archive dispensary several times, it’s one of my favorite clones available here. Dreamy is a perfect description of the high, it feels like an indica leaning hybrid that is relaxing but not too heavy. Good medicinal quality.

Way more indica than a late 80s black market oregon blueberry clone I grew which leaned very sativa.

It’s archive’s selection of an old blueberry seed line, apparently stock that circulated in oregon which predates the versions sold by DJ shorts seed company. They haven’t had it in stock in a while, hopefully they aren’t taking it off their menu.

@Meesh You’ll really like this one if the blue dream works for you medicinally.

Just watch out for mildew, it is susceptible to mildew after it rains. It will probably do much better in your climate than it does with the cold rainy harvest season here.

11 Likes

Great time seeing you today! Can’t wait to see them grow! Only thing to add is that the hardened plant in a 1 gallon pot you put into your netting, was grown from seed made by @iamyou_youareme, Baba Kush F2 (Katsu Bubba Kush x Sunshine Daydream). I had a few more popped, but they ended up being eaten by a rabbit, so this was the sole surivor. I’ll let you know when I get results back from it’s sex test, but hoping for a lady! You should start posting your flowers again like you did in the past, you have some gorgeous ones blooming in your yard!

I’m gonna see those big old trees in person this year! It’s gonna be epic!

Thank you for clarifying on this, I didn’t realize it was his selection of a seed line. I definitely agree with your description of the effects. Dreamy and relaxing for sure. I want to keep that one around for a while!

10 Likes

So, I have the 3 baby clones in the garage under lights. Seem fine today. One is a tad droopy, probably just a bit of shock from the drive and a new home. I think it will be fine though. The Bubba kush x SSDD clone is inside my net and last night I was watering the garden and realized Casanova was awfully quiet. That little devil was tearing up the dirt in the clone. The plant is fine. He literally just pulled it out whole and was eating the soil. @Greasy said it was compost. Whatever it was he was infatuated with it. Little dude went out later searching for grass and had a nice puke session. Ha! That’s what he gets! The biggest clone is a Mother’s Milk that is actually stinky as hell. She is being hardened off right now and spent most of the time in the house since yesterday. She’s outside now in indirect sun getting a pretty heavy breeze. I’ll bring her in at sundown.

Everything got it’s first inoculant dose today of Mammoth P. Hoping for some serious donkey dick buds this year!

15 Likes

@Greasy I’ll post some of my garden and succulent pics soon for all my fellow plant nerds!

5 Likes

Just had a thought. I’m wondering if the Mammoth P is useless on the clones? Does inoculant work on established plants or does it have to be from birth? Does anyone know?

6 Likes

No! :laughing:

But I think it’s mostly useless overall if you have living dirt. :man_shrugging:

:evergreen_tree:

2 Likes

Not true goofball. It’s like saying don’t nitrogen fix legumes cuz you grow those in living g soil

3 Likes

I’m pretty certain that this is a sunflower that I got in your compost @Greasy

Plants all looking good today. I took the dome off Clones under lights. The t1000 still looks droopy, but fine otherwise.

9 Likes

:laughing: duh I don’t! I let it all do it’s thing :joy:

I fix other things though :hammer:

:evergreen_tree:

4 Likes

Good to hear they are staying strong. The t1000 was the last to root, so figures it’s the weakest. Next time around I’ll take my cuttings earlier so I can drop them off fully hardened.

I think it’s a gourd seed from a decorative Halloween gourd. I’ve been getting those sprouts too. Here is one in a recently translated cholla

9 Likes

Could be a gourd, but there was a sunflower shell on top.

3 Likes

You guys, I have perfected a succulent soil mix with so much drainage that you may have to plug the hole for a few minutes to water if they need a really big drink. Recipe as follows…

50% EB organic Cactus and succulent soil 50% pumice with a handful of earthworm castings every 12 scoops ish.

A few succies for you. My phone battery is on 17%. I’ll post more later

17 Likes

When the phone is done charging I can post some pics of the clones. The largest one, Mother’s Milk got a couple hours of direct sun today and is now chilling in the shade. This is her longest stretch outside since I got her on Saturday. She looks good. We get a lot of ocean breeze here, so she has been in that for a few days. She’ll go inside the net in a few days. If she behaves (doesn’t prematurely bud) she will replace the Blue Dream’s ground spot and the BD will be a 20 gal grow instead.

The unsexed clone, I believe it’s Bubba Kush x SSDD got a mini transplant today as the puppy tore it apart and ate the soil. Little stinker probably won’t be doing that again as he had a pretty epic barf session after. He’s totally fine. Effen dogs!

The newly rooted clones in my seed starter light table are Blueberry, Rainbow Belt 2.0 and T-1000. The blueberry looks like it’s 100% indica. It’s probably gonna mold, so it’s def getting grown out in a container so I can keep the plant smaller and the buds a bit smaller. The Rainbow Belt is the biggest of the babies and is doing well. The T-1000 however, still looks droopy and like a finicky bitch. We’ll see what happens with her.

All my seedlings look absolutely wonderful. All except that one funky, wrinkly gg4ril. It’s not getting any bigger. It’s a mutant and is gonna get culled. I don’t have the time or curiosity for growing out mutants anymore. Been there done that, they all sucked. lol The RKS seedlings probably look the best so far. All 3 of them, nice f2’s so far. If I get a female it should be interesting. May it be a loud and obnoxious pheno, although I have zero faith that I will find the Road Kill of my youth, the love of skunk will forever have me trying.

11 Likes

Soil test came quick this time

Recommendations

I don’t have a reservoir or drip line system etc for watering. They’ve always given me drench or foliar instructions. I’ll have to ask David how to do these fertigations. I’m not even sure how many or how often. These are the weirdest recommendations from them to date.

9 Likes