Harvesting possibly before Sativas are ready

Hey all,

We have 3 Super Silver Haze (outdoors) likely going to cut them down this week. All look to be a bit premature, but the risk of further rot and now frost can’t be ignored… will attempt to post photos tonight.

They have started to frost up all over, but most of the plants still have white pistils and doesn’t look like any amber trichomes.

Our thoughts were to just ice water hash the entire crop.

Would anyone else save the nice looking colas, given they are so under-ripe?

3 Likes

If trichomes are mainly cloudy with very little clear then the THC is at its most potent. Should give a real racey high and no couch lock. I’d bin anything that has any signs of rot/mould though. :+1:

1 Like

Is there any chance you could dig them up and transplant inside? That’s what I would do at least.

1 Like

None - They are each 12-13 feet in height. And the 30 gallon pots are quite heavy.

4 Likes

Yeah, to each their own with the rot!

The trichomes under a magnifying glass looked white. On 2 plants they all looked solid, not clear. One plant looks to be a little behind the others.

Decided to hold off from harvesting as long as possible. And will just focus on removing bud-rot and supporting up the plants.

5 Likes

I would harvest them just to see what the effects would be since for me super silver haze doesnt get me high when harvested when ripe

1 Like

lol…um what?

Not sure how that’s even possible. I hope to never run into that problem…ever.

2 Likes

If either bud rot or powdery mildew have shown, the plants don’t get rid of it simply by removing the obviously affected areas. These are systemic and will continue to move their way through the plants.

My opinion, take what you can ASAP, and hope for better weather next season.

3 Likes