Has anyone found 'Blueberry' from seed?

Thank you @Tracker it is appreciated. This is exciting. A good blueberry is hard to beat.

10 Likes

Congratulations @CocoaCoir

biket

6 Likes

Congrats on the win @CocoaCoir

5 Likes

My DJ Blueberries are filling in. I should start scoping trichomes in early October.

19 Likes

Thank you for bringing this thread back to topic. I’ve always thought Blueberry plants looked better outside than inside. they always seem to finish earlier too.

@Tracker it is very OG of you to give away highly sought after Blueberry seeds, but it does clutter up the thread a bit with posts better suited for a giveaway thread. have you considered starting a giveaway thread? I would gladly donate to it if you did. I have a lot of f2s and even a few breeder packs that I won’t get to. :peace_symbol: :heart:

8 Likes

I will post future blueberry giveaways in Tracker’s share/trade thread.

11 Likes

I just flipped into flower. Dj short f5. She smells blueberry but is getting too big for my tent lol.

14 Likes

I’m running one (1) of his pre 2013 DJ Short Blueberry - I originally had two (2) nice females, but one was very slow to flower, so it was disposed of. The remaining female was last to flower; although slow to start flowering, it has really accelerated over the last couple weeks. However, the aroma, stem rub, etc. is nothing resembling “berry”, rather, it has a “grass, earth, hay” aroma…but still keeping until the end, to see the actual finished flower. Furthermore, it has No Color - straight green for now. So far, this is nothing I would recommend or keep around.
…and on a final note, I have some other Blueberry going (sprouted 2 seeds; both females), and they are just about complete. One (1) is an indica dom., and the other (1) is a Sativa dom.; both are beautiful blue & purple, with incredible blueberry aroma…they are about to be chopped. So, I’ll update with a final smoke report.

3 Likes

I’m looking forward to hear how your Alter Ego BB flower finishes. I also got a pack of that same Pre ‘13 DJ’s Blueberry.

I’ve had DJ’s BB before that had zero blueberry smell but the high was great, very happy, content and peaceful but not sleepy. Like a good Blue Dream but w no “crash” on the comedown like i get from BD.

What breeder are your 2 blueberry-smelling plants from?
Thanks!

2 Likes

Yeah, I’ve never had actual DJ Short blueberry - so I figured give these a try (very affordable). And I’ve heard the “original” BB can vary in aroma, taste, etc…but it’s all about the smoke. So this is an interesting experiment/grow.
…The other BB I have are Humboldt Seed Co. Blueberry (Cali bred, not Euro); 1st time growing them, and I wasn’t expecting anything this nice, or I would have taken cuttings. (most strains have variation, and these so far represent true blueberry 100%) …I think I may try to re-veg the Sativa dom.(1) BB if the smoke is as good as the “show”…like I’ve had plants in the past look super beautiful, crazy crystal coverage, great aroma; and if you saw it, you would think it was going to be 100% fire, …and, upon smoking, the shit barely produced a buzz. Total waste of time, effort, and energy & resources. …(so I always try to sample a few buds before doing any significant work with a strain).
…I also ran some PeakSeeds Blueberry IBL a couple years ago - and they were 100% fire. I guess he closed up shop once Canada legalized, because I tried to get his beans for this season, but once I reached out earlier, he said he was all done :frowning:

2 Likes

don’t quote me on this but If you have a medical cannabis license you can get the doctor or nurse practitioner to issue you another perscription that you send to health canada advising them you would like to access the licensed provider that Peak has become. Unless that business has failed as well but I don’t think so. I think he set himself up pretty good when he changed gears and shut down the “illicit” seed sales.

3 Likes

Is that their Blueberry Muffin strain? I flowered a clone of it. That one smelled exactly like a blueberry muffin while in flower, but (for me) the smell didn’t last once the buds cured. Dark purple buds, almost black after curing.
Maybe i did something wrong which reduced the terps. The high was mild but nice daytime but i missed the wonderful blueberry smell the flowering plant had. .

3 Likes

Blueberry Muffins from Humboldt seed company is where it’s at, definitely going to be buying another pack of them. Some of the other guys probably have decent ones, but I know blueberry Muffins has it for sure.

5 Likes

I’ve been really happy with the blueberry terps coming from my AKBB 907 Blue Genes. Can’t wait to harvest/dry but she’s got the stink :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Yes - the BB Muffin strain. This strain has an unreal, strong, almost too strong, Sweet Blueberry Syrup Pie Aroma - never had anything smell like it. I have two (2) pheno’s going - difference in leaf shape, flower shape, (1 is indica, 1 is sativa), but both have a Sweet Blueberry Candy pie aroma, it’s so Delicious. I just checked on them, and they’re just about ready to come down - probably tomorrow (but definitely this week). And as a Bonus, there’s going to be very little trimming necessary. Each plant exhibits minimal leaf, and solid buds- very EZ trim - it’s a grower’s delight for sure. But then, we’ll have to test the smoke - and that will be the final test. So far, it’s A+ all the way.

2 Likes

An update on the Alter Ego DJ Short Blueberry Pre-2013 strain…just checked on that one too; it held up great against the tropical downpours we had all weekend. Definitely exhibiting strong resistance against powdery mildew, mold, etc…maybe this is old school genetic lines. The buds look great - they didn’t skip a beat, and it’s now developing a more “spicy, herbal” aroma…still no berry aromas, but we’ll see what this girl can do.
…and, on a side note: This Alter Ego strain is performing like old school - able to take the elements, and no signs of any sickness. (I’ve had to dispose of a plant because it was completely covered in mold right next to it).

2 Likes

Thank you for the update!
That sounds like the DJ’s Blueberry i got recently from a dispensary. No berry flavor, but a stress-erasing effect that makes doing work more enjoyable. A special “it’s all good man” kind of vibe. Totally at ease mentally. Like a more functional daytime OG Kush type high.

3 Likes

So I released the Coastal Blueberry in time for 420 this year. Seems people are really snoozing on them. Just got a care package with a sample bud grown by kyumonryu and the smell is coming right thru the mylar baggie. I held the baggie up to my wife;s nose, who does not smoke weed but loves blueberries and she immediately said Blueberries without knowing it was weed in the baggie. So now I’m gonna roll up a doob and see if it tastes like it smells. Quite a few people who got these beans in the giveaways have reported back to finding real nice blueberry phenos amongst real nice hashy/earthy phenos. So just throwing it out there if people are still hunting for blueberry and not finding it… they might want to look for it in the Coastal Blueberry. From my knowledge the Fraser Valley Blueberry HP existed before DJ Short gear became availlable in seed form (1998). Now it;s not to say that it couldn’t have come from DJ’s work at some point before that… I don’t think anyone knows. Anyhow just figured I’d pass on the fact that “blueberry” can be found from seed :wink:

25 Likes

I’m running the Coastal Blueberry next summer SHSC, it’s going to be a blueberry blowout down here :sunglasses:

6 Likes

awesome :wink:
I think I will throw some down over winter indoors as I would like to have a nice clone to run and I’d like to see how many seeds I have to pop to find one. So far people are finding them in the coinflips so that is a good sign.

8 Likes